What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Poll - Opinions about new voice config on S1

What do you think of the new voice config?

• Total voters
The issues I have with it:

• Sounds too clear and too much like TS, like a radio is in my ear, previous config in game felt more authentic, realism feels gone now. It breaks immersion for me completely as I think I am having a ts conversation with someone.
  • No way to tell direction from which someone is speaking, a big part to realism and also a pain to find someone in a crowd.
  • Everyone is the same loudness, it feels impossible to have more than one conversation in a 30m radius, eg I was doing a dodgy deal in the bushes with some guy yet everyone else further away could hear me very loudly and clearly.
although voice is now incredibly clear , it was in my opinion never a problem before, and now feels too perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:
The issues I have with it:

• Sounds too clear and too much like TS, like a radio is in my ear, previous config in game felt more authentic, realism feels gone now. It breaks immersion for me completely as I think I am having a ts conversation with someone.
  • No way to tell direction from which someone is speaking, a big part to realism and also a pain to find someone in a crowd.
  • Everyone is the same loudness, it feels impossible to have more than one conversation in a 30m radius, eg I was doing a dodgy deal in the bushes with some guy yet everyone else further away could hear me very loudly and clearly.
although voice is now incredibly clear , it was in my opinion never a problem before, and now feels too perfect.
Install cross talk for TS. Then use TS as a radio (the way it's meant to be)

the TS plugin with add radio effects to the sound from teamspeak. 

Also 3D sound works fine if not better for me, so that may be your speakers/headphones.

I dont like the new sound as its very confusing to see were someone says something. ingame or teamspeam

The ingame sound on its own is a big improvement and i like the idea we can finally speak normal in a car with the person next to the car is able to hear it. 

Its just that its hard to tell the difference between teamspeak and game at this moment.

the new voice is way better when I'm driving through kavala in full speed can i hear people talking shit about my car!!!! it's amazing

Sounds good, might get a bit mixed with ts tho

I like it personally a lot clear. But I believe you can hear people from too far away that's all.

I like it personally a lot clear. But I believe you can hear people from too far away that's all.

love it... I didn't know of its implementation, so I kept shouting in TS for them to shut up a second when it was just someone next to me talking in-game...

Don't like it because I get confused when people talk in-game, mistaking them for people talking on teamspeak. I know this sounds funny but I don't think I'm going to find it hard to get used to, and although it doesn't effect gameplay that much it does sometimes make things a bit confusing.

I like it but someone was talking in game and it sounded so clear I was like closing all my tabs as I didn't realise it was in-game.

hard to understand where voices are coming from, I prefer the old one

It's just difficult to differentiate between in game and ts. other than that excellent. (Do miss when arma sounded like a potato though)

I do like it, however I think that because it is now so clear, it is hard to know who is talking. The sounds come through from all directions it feels like. May be my own problem though :/

Back