What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Prevent placing people in locked vehicles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hussain

I understand many people do this without thinking about it, but many times I have been arrested or downed and placed into a car whilst the car is locked, this prevents further rp and i don't find it realistic. 

I feel preventing people from doing this would provide better roleplay.

Pros-

makes the RP more realistic 

provides room for further roleplay scenarios

Cons- cant see any

Thanks.  

Oh im so feeling you had that several times and to be honest it is kind of powergaming.. anyway when you get cuffed you cant leave the car you need to be pulled out of the car

so remove the option to put a person into a locked vehicle?

which could be unlocked and then locked after you get put in it so i don't see how it's gonna change much to remove that, when you'll probably need to lockpick the car either way to get your mate out

(my opinion not of staff and so on)

@Nikolai Yes remove the option, make the person who has you in cuffs unlock the car, make the folk standing round the car stand back etc rather than just run up and bang you in the car with zero RP 

so remove the option to put a person into a locked vehicle?

which could be unlocked and then locked after you get put in it so i don't see how it's gonna change much to remove that, when you'll probably need to lockpick the car either way to get your mate out

(my opinion not of staff and so on)

which could be unlocked and then locked after you get put in it so i don't see how it's gonna change much to remove that
@Nikolai

I think the point is its harder to put people into vehicles when there are others around as if you unlock the car others can jump in the drivers seat etc, so it would be more difficult and take a bit longer to place criminals etc in to cars leaving more time for more things to happen. I feel police use this a lot as a sort of get out to shove people in and leave asap and there's nothing you can really do to stop them. 

I think its more realistic also imo 

I understand the reasoning of having to unlock the car to put someone it, particularly when they are under arrest, but on the flip side you also have the random people who would use this to instantly jump into the car as soon as its unlocked often for no other reason then 'it will be funny if I troll police.'

I understand the reasoning of having to unlock the car to put someone it, particularly when they are under arrest, but on the flip side you also have the random people who would use this to instantly jump into the car as soon as its unlocked often for no other reason then 'it will be funny if I troll police.'
Yes I agree to an extent, but in real life police are met with these kind of issues everyday a simple “step back” or moving people away would easily resolve this issue, this again would also enhance RP in my opinion

Yes I agree to an extent, but in real life police are met with these kind of issues everyday a simple “step back” or moving people away would easily resolve this issue, this again would also enhance RP in my opinion
As much as I agree with this, have you ever told a group of people in this city to simply "step back"? As soon as somebody is in handcuffs, every man/woman and their dog/hamster etc want to get involved. Simply telling people to step back will do nothing to aide the situation, if anything it makes things worse and drags out peoples poor attitude and poor RP. However, I understand the suggestion full for RP reasons. 

I think this would in all honesty be a waste of time to develop when there are far more important things to be worked on. It doesn't change much, it saves someone maybe a second? Nah -1

I think this would in all honesty be a waste of time to develop when there are far more important things to be worked on. It doesn't change much, it saves someone maybe a second? Nah -1
I appreciate your thinking when it comes to more important things to be work on but I strongly disagree with you saying it doesn’t change much. Within a serious roleplay server I feel realism is of upmost importance and magically teleporting someone through a door isn’t real for me, although you may think other wise. Secondly the police use this all the time and I feel it’s almost an instant win in terms of arresting someone it totally narrows down the chances of crims being free’d from the car, appreciate the feed back anyway 👍

Within a serious roleplay server I feel realism is of upmost importance and magically teleporting someone through a door isn’t real for me
Generally the door opens on the car allowing you to put them in, even when it is locked, like most things with GTA though it sometimes doesn't work properly so will just teleport them. In terms of the instant win aspect, it isn't really, an arrest has to have already been carried out before being able to get someone into the car, normally a search has to have taken place as well so there is plenty of opportunity to free someone and hopefully with more RP then press F instantly in the driver seat and drive off.

Yeah I understand, when I play as my cop character I love it but I feel it’s extremely op, this has led me to this suggestion more so than being on my crim character, as for telling people to stand back I enjoy the RP in telling people to move back, possibly pulling out my baton and removing folk from the situation and getting to use some force, would much rather than than firing someone in the car the situation is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back