What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Problem: Too many people bleeding out

MaartenW

First of all, with this post I want to start a constructive discussion about what I see as a big problem. This isn't meant to bash the great people of the NHS.

Good roleplay is a great thing but its a means to an end: having a great experience while playing on the server. Something that has a huge negative effect on this experience is spending extended periods laying on the ground and losing hard earned gear over glitches and minor traffic incidents. As an ARAC I've been travelling a lot of kilometres over the island this past week and come across a lot of wounded by the side of the road. I take it as my civil duty to call the NHS and stay with the wounded until a medic arrives. In more than 50% of the cases this ends up with me and the wounded waiting for over 10 minutes until they bleed out. I understand this might not be a fair number and the revival rating in the cities could be a lot higher but the situation is still very worrying to me.

I have defined a few possible causes for the low revive ratio:

• Lack of Medics: There's simply not enough medics to respond to all emergency calls.
  • 'Command' hierarchy: Multiple medics having to form a single patrol making them effectively a single medic.
  • Roleplay rules: A medic can only resolve a situation after doing extensive roleplay making their encounters with wounded very time consuming.
So how to get that revival rate up to at least 95%? I got some suggestions but I'm sure others have some as well.

Rides to the hospital

When on patrol with at least 2 medics, quickly revive/stabilize the person(s) by the side of the road tell them to take a back seat. One medic can drive/fly to the hospital/next victim and the other can do the medical RP in the back.

Basing the extend of the RP on the amount of calls

If there are 10 people unconscious over the map I think it should be normal to try and save all 10 with medium RP instead of saving one and RPing a whole rectal examination by the side of the road.

Replying on calls

It's a small thing but it makes a lot of difference on the people waiting for a medic to arrive. Let someone that is not driving/flying answer the NHS calls. "We are on our way, ETA 5 minutes." "We are currently dealing with another victim we'll be 10 minutes." "We have a lot going on, it will be a while." Is already enough to give a caller and wounded at least the feeling something is happening and they're not waiting for kingdom comes.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Lack of Medics: There's simply not enough medics to respond to all emergency calls.
           Join us to help against that, the problem is that the core idea of the NHS is not too appealing to most of the people, nothing we can do there.

• 'Command' hierarchy: Multiple medics having to form a single patrol making them effectively a single medic.
           That only applies to students, however people like to go around together as it is more fun and creates better RP.

• Roleplay rules: A medic can only resolve a situation after doing extensive roleplay making their encounters with wounded very time consuming.
           That is the whole point of the NHS, RP is what we are here for, actually reviving people comes second, RP is always first. If a medic has                                 the opportunity to have a 1 hour long RP scenario we encourage them to take it.

Basing the extend of the RP on the amount of calls

If there are 10 people unconscious over the map I think it should be normal to try and save all 10 with medium RP instead of saving one and RPing a whole rectal examination by the side of the road.

This just won't happen, we won't allow low quality RP just in order to get some more people up, we always deliver high quality.

Replying on calls

It's a small thing but it makes a lot of difference on the people waiting for a medic to arrive. Let someone that is not driving/flying answer the NHS calls. "We are on our way, ETA 5 minutes." "We are currently dealing with another victim we'll be 10 minutes." "We have a lot going on, it will be a while." Is already enough to give a caller and wounded at least the feeling something is happening and they're not waiting for kingdom comes.

If we would actually do this we would spend more time replying and chatting to people than actually going around and RP'ing and reviving

My two applications didn't make me eligible for a talk. I see now that that most likely had to do something with me thinking the NHS was an organisation that serves the people of Altis to their best ability, instead of a theatre group that gets people up at their own discretion.

1. We are not robots 2. As @CMO Joel Denning Said our main priority is to RP, not reviving. As an NHS member when you get someone to roleplay with Thats actually wants to roleplay every NHS member takes that chance and roleplays. Its very fun to roleplay if you find the right person. 75% of our revives is people that do not want to rp, even some Times' they dont even Have a microphone. So i was one of the guys in the hospital u came in and starting complaining in //. If u Think We are doing a bad job and not reviving everybody you should Try the job yourself. Its not an easy job. And When you go on NHS patrol ofcource you want to Have a bit of fun aswell while patrolling with people and starting knowing them. So again Please apply to NHS to see How it is as an NHS member.

And This time there is many people on vacation.

SUR. Chang

My two applications didn't make me eligible for a talk. I see now that that most likely had to do something with me thinking the NHS was an organisation that serves the people of Altis to their best ability, instead of a theatre group that gets people up at their own discretion.
If you feel like this then you are a bit wrong, and regarding your NHS applications: I highly recommend to go on a ride-along woth a MTO+ to get a better idea how we work and hiw things are from an actual NHS patrol point of view. You can find the necessary info about ride-alings in the NHS public information here on the forums.

We should privatise health care services. If I'm paying big bucks for my platinum package, I want that luxury hospital bed in Kavala.

Anyone for BUPA? I remember seeing 2 guys roleplaying as a private BUPA ambulance on Tanoa, making a ton of money out of it too. Anyone else remember those guys?

Hello, So i see why you are frustrated with. That sometimes medic don't arrive to your situation. But what you and a lot of people don't realize is, as many other medics have stated above, WE ARE NOT MACHINES! We don't do anything fast. We take time with each treatment we do as medics. A lot of servers just have medics so people who are bored can go on and revive people and leave with minimum rp. That is not the case on this server, here its Quality over qaunity.

So we take our time with every patient we get if they allow us, so we can have fun. Since we use our free time to ROLEPLAY with everyone and help them up after they fuck up. And what a lot of people don't understand is that we help other people then just you. You might go down and expect us to go "OMG "X" is down, EVERYONE DROP EVERYTHING YOU HAVE AND HELP HIM NOOOOOOOOOW". Where in most cases we somewhere else treating some of the people who been in a car crash.

Like a lot of medics try to take people after how long they have been down, so there is minimum waiting time for people. So there is some sort of order to the madness. And when the server is full, you can imagen there is a lot of stuff going on with people dying. Try take a look next time you go on the server as a civ/cop, look in the chat and see how many people die, when the server is full and we are around 30 min in to restart. A lot of people need help. So we try to help as many as we can, but we won't downgrade on Roleplay. That is what we play for, and why we spend our freetime on helping other players after they messed up, took the wrong gunfight or drove a bit to fast.

Otherwise as mentioned in a lot of the comments above we do our best, but we will always pick a good roleplay scenario with a patient over just rushing everyone up.

- SUR. Andreas Lykke 

(Take no offense btw, just letting my mind out, as it annoys me when people come with these type of comments)

@MaartenW

As everyone has probably stated above the NHS medics are there to enjoy Roleplay.  Saying your getting killed from glitches. There is a way to resolve the situation. Have the glitch on record and take it to one of the Devs they will be able to sort it. Also the most likely reason people are getting downed is due to the amount of Gun fights going on At the moment.  The medics work flat out. I was a CST for around 5 months me the other CST's and the CMO have always said Roleplay comes first. Hence the name of the  community. 

Maybe worth speaking to one of the MTO team to see if they can take you out on a small ride along that way you can get first hand experience of what the guys do. 

Any other questions please do not hesitate to ask

Harry White. 

@MaartenW

I wouldn't like to barge in on these great gentlemen above me that have been playing the NHS a ton more than i have especially considering i only got recruited yesterday and as a student i seen so much action and role play it was unbelievable. My first patrol was interesting it was a with a paramedic and he showed me the basics and we had a fun chat however i soon seen how chaotic it was when we were the only 2 medics on with 90 or more civilians where you are bombarded with messages of accidents and you need to help everyone it is not easy and when you are trying to give people the best role play scenario as possible to not only make enjoyable for you but also them it does take time and unfortunately it is hard to make it round the map to everyone.

My second scenario was with a group of medics doing air rescue missions this definitely did increase our revival rate as we were able to get their faster how ever we no one gave minimal role play and it was great to see other students and well trained medics do the job differently and interact with others.

Which brings me to my third scenario the key to why high quality role play is far for important than simply reviving someone with minimal role play. I logged on at 6am in the morning to a player count of 20 i thought it was gonna be very easy and would let me get a bit of practice for possible promotions in the future, as soon as i spawned in Kavala i had 2 guys down at airport, i responded which took me a while to get their considering i'm a student and do not have access to higher up vehicles these guys were up for good role play and we ended up being a fun conversation i gave them some lollipops and off i popped back to Kavala to another accident as i was passing Agios a truck exploded me being so close to the incident i also decided to attend ended up being a long conversation about space beavers shooting missiles and space iguana's shooting magical bullets it was rather interesting i was still able to respond to the Kavala call in time too. But then i had to go North of Athira i felt bad as it did take me really long to get their as i crashed and had to pick up more supplies from HQ. But all was forgiven when i arrived we role played for a long time and i ended up dropping him all the way back to Kavala talking about the NHS and other shenanigans and we ended up becoming friends which is one of the core reasons i joined the NHS to meet new members of the community and have a fun experience.

This is why i believe low-medium quality role play wouldn't be good at all and the guy at the end is now trying to apply for the NHS too, so because of good role play we have more people wanting to join which means more medics to help in the future :D

(I was also a student at the hospital when you showed up to give a formal complaint, the surgeon gave you multiple apology's and told you how it was difficult, you should try and re-apply and try for your self its not as easy as it seems 😂)

Thanks for all the input.

Again I am not saying the NHS shouldn't have fun and they should be a slave to the people that call for them. The problem is that peoples experience is being ruined by laying on the ground for extended periods of times and losing their stuff over minor things.

Would it be an option to suggest a change to the developers where the unconscious state can only be caused by weapon inflicted wounds? Glitch damage and car accidents could then lower the HP to 1 and break ones legs. Have a RP rule that a car can not be driven with broken legs. Make FAK's an expensive item. This way these people have an alternative when the NHS is too busy as they can be brought to a hospital by the police or other civs (with the wounded actually sitting in the vehicle being able to talk unlike the glitchy state of the stretcher transport). In the meantime NHS can focus on the high RP gun victim cases. When NHS officers do have time on their hands they of course can choose to help out wounded in traffic.

@PC Harry White unfortunately the glitches I am talking about are primarily an issue of how the Arma 3 engine resolves the "clipping" between two objects, I doubt our developers can do much against that.

The problem there is that everytime i take a look into NHS applications everyone says that if they get into NHS they will play a lot and make a difference into that lack, but then they only play 1 week and quit (This is not the case in all players but still) 

Also there is problem when there is 20 cops and 2 medics, it would be good if there would be some balance between police and medics. When cops kill rebel or anyone there is not enough medics to come help..

But i am not the one who should say these things, because i have not been active in NHS for some time..

Last time I checked, it wasn't called the 'Revive Faction' but instead called the 'NHS' where they roleplay at the highest standards instead of rushing around clicking their windows keys!

Of all the problems stated the 2 main ones are these:

• Not enough medics on at the one time. - i believe the new update may fix this as its even making me want to join.

• Its very easy to die in game. - nobody plays this game to obide by traffic speed limits and work in a petrol station. Everyone thats not police does illegal stuff which can result in guns being shot and people crashing etc. At the end of the day its a game. Hence the large death toll.

Back