What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Put your hands up or you will be tazed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ApexNetworks

So, when a cop says "Put your hands up or you will be tazed" does that count as initiation? Its very unfair if it does not as us rebels don't have any option but to run or comply then.

Personally I've always ran away and tried initiating on cops behind a wall but I normally get tazed before I get the chance.

It's a non leathal initiation. What would you propose we say?
Its Less than Lethal actually, anyways if a police officer demands you put your hands up or be tazed then counter this with if you attempt to taser me i will return fire etc

Last edited by a moderator:
it's stupid that police can say this, but rebels aren't aloud to say "hands up or die" its essentially the same thing. 

it's stupid that police can say this, but rebels aren't aloud to say "hands up or die" its essentially the same thing. 
Well not really. Hands up or die would imply that they would be killed. Hands up or be tazed would imply that they will tazed, which is non lethal and would further role play opportunity. 

Well not really. Hands up or die would imply that they would be killed. Hands up or be tazed would imply that they will tazed, which is non lethal and would further role play opportunity. 
You can still roleplay whilst the person is down. If anything if gives the player more freedom as when restrained you can't do anything. When down you can look around, roleplay with medics and other civs

Police can say this, rebels can say 'We have snipers in the area, if you do X, you will be killed'. If you want a good chance of getting away:
DSGT Fergus: Sir, place your hands on your head or you will be tazed.
Hi.: Officer, if you taze me, you are gonna get fraaaggggeeedddd!
DSGT Fergus: Alright then, can I have a warning shot?
*Sniper gives a warning shot*
DSGT Fergus: Alright you can go, have a nice day.

You don't have to run away because of course you will be tazed. An often misconception is that if a Police Officer says 'Put your hands up or be tazed', the rebel runs away and when the rebel does, the Police shoot (misses a few shots), the rebels gets his MXM out and stats spraying Police while saying nothing. Tazers are non lethal and will not kill you in any way. You MUST Counter initiate in order to be released. 

It does count in the way that the officer is giving you the choice to comply with their demands before using the taser. However, I think that it is important to keep in mind, as others have already said; that a taser is non-lethal. Therefore, if you do get tased, you still have the opportunity of having a good role-play experience with the officers by talking to them and using your wits rather than your brawn to gain the upper hand. Granted, that when you are restrained, your choices are much more limited, but it still opens up different avenues of roleplay, rather than running away to avoid- or kill the officers.

Too often, people complain that things are unfair when police have the upper hand in certain situations. I think that in cases like this, people might benefit greatly from trying out and joining the police to see what it's really like 🙂 

Ultimately, it's important to remember that role-play isn't always about winning. You can still 'lose' and have a good experience if you make it a good experience for yourself and others.

I've always said this from the start it does not matter if you are shooting a taser or a gun once you pull that trigger then thats the other person saying RP is over having to counter this with " if you taze me your going to die is equally as shit ".

If you get tazed chances are your going to prison so your losing your gear truck etc... So in my eyes this needs to be changed if you want to pull the trigger get ready to defend yourself.

You can still roleplay whilst the person is down. If anything if gives the player more freedom as when restrained you can't do anything. When down you can look around, roleplay with medics and other civs
Unless the cop restrains you after your down then you've got to deal with a flickering screen.

I'm sorry but the police are becoming disgusting simply saying stop or be tazed or stop or I'll rubber you. Honestly has no one heard of innovation and creativity? I used to say for instance "Compn man there's a party at the pad and your invited and I don't want to have to drag you there but I will man so just stop alright?" See that role play can branch into many directions other than arrest death or escape. 

Also although yes there are opportunists but haven't youbofficers heard of roleplaying out of restraints?
but haven't youbofficers heard of roleplaying out of restraints?

Dont forget where you came from. 

Tazers do not increase rp they destroy it. Trust me I spent 7 months as a cop I know what you mean exactly. The point is this terrible excuse for a role play initiation is allowed however of a rebel mimicks you it's bannable? It is just my opinion in the end but I just wish there could be more from the officers. You guys have no gear to loose so take more risk do more creative things. Role playing is stagnating mix it up then! Just do more and if you get burned try again. Cause when it finally succeedes it's great to be a part of.

@DSGT Sanchez I know exactly where I came from a small gang of good role playing friends who disbanded after 4 months. Did you forget where you came from mr. Bomb defuser? Imagine if I had just arrested you. You may have never meet me as a friend and joined the cops

If a cop says "Hands up or you will be tazed" that means if you DONT put your hands up you will be tazed, that means you can't run away, you can't roleplay and you can't defend yourself because you still need to initiate on the cops.

I mean, if it is possible I would be more accepting if I got rubber bullets and tazers so I could initiate like that lol, plus it would make roleplay more from rebels because they would not be fragging all the time when someone does not comply :L

Ok, so what people is suggesting is cops instead of saying "sir please put your hands up or we will have to taze you" to a guy that s drug trafficking/ got an illegal firearm you expect us to casually walk up to him and have a friendly chat? Most of the times we can t even say a word because when they see us they get in their car and drive away, we roleplay as police officers, therefore not always we can provide bombastic roleplay stories when we are ARESTING someone, I tried to be friendly to people like that but I just end up getting fucked up by them. Given how altis is, we kind of act accordingly. Check how real life cops do it and you ll see that it s worse than how we do it in game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have played hundreds of hours as a civilian in Altis Life. Both as a law abiding citizen as well as a criminal. In my time as a player I have had several encounters with police officers. Many good, and some that were not so good. However, the key part of getting a good interaction with the police is quite simple: just cooperate instead of being provocative. Don't start by yelling "Why are you stopping me?!", "You cannot do this/that?!", and other provocative statements. Remember, we are here to have fun just as much as you guys are. I can't even remember how many people I have let go with a ticket instead of prison just because of them being cooperative and trying their best to RP themselves out of it. Not by shooting and/or shouting their way out  of the situation. I'm not saying that it will happen in every situation since it will depend on the severity of the crime(s). However, I think most cops are willing to find a suitable solution in every case.

And as others here have written. Tazers are not lethal. In real life and on the server they are meant to be used as a tool in order to restore control without the use of excessive force. Consider yourself lucky when you are tazed. You have a golden opportunity to speak for yourself and help us find a solution. This is an opportunity you don't have if you decide to pull a gun on us and get shot for real. That is an opportunity that we as police officers never have since everybody are using lethals against us. And you can't even imagine how many times we as police officers are being shoot literally in our backs due to us not tazing and restraining people we have a feeling might be involved in something. But mostly we can't do anything until we have it confirmed, and then it is usually too late. Just a thought.

but haven't youbofficers heard of roleplaying out of restraints?

Dont forget where you came from. 
Because 8/10 times I get the hands up or taze, it's a pcso-spc saying who cares more about taking me to prison rather than listening to what I say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back