What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Rangers need some changes

Chubbers

I feel sorry for the rangers as they are useless in the city and no one gives a shit what they do or say when doing illegal stuff that they should be able to enforce. Everyone knows they cant do anything to stop criminals when they are fishing or hunting so i feel they need a rework,

-They should be able to search people, search cars, detain people (use handcuffs) and have a none lethal weapon to stun people. instead of just calling the cops and waiting for them to just turn up. Another thing they could be able to do is issue fines.
-Hunting zones, so anyone that is caught hunting out of that zone can be detained taken to the ranger cells and the cops called. Any one that abuses their power can be taken to courts just like the cops do when they abuse their powers.
-Buy bait from the rangers to get better quality pelts that sell more. so you place the bait down and wait for a animal to turn up and kill it. you can get 1-3 star pelts or a endangered animal pelt you need to sell to some dude to get cash from it.
-Only able to sell when the rangers are at the ranger shop so they can use the meat to make ingredients for foods for them to sell off. More fun interactions 
-Give them a weapon that can stun people that they can only use. like bear mace, or a tranquilizer. 
-When you are downed instead of calling the nhs you can press another key to give the rangers a heads up someone is downed in the mountains.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone knows they cant do anything to stop criminals when they are fishing or hunting

- They should be able to search people, search cars, detain people (use handcuffs) and have a none lethal weapon to stun people. Another thing they could be able to do is issue fines.
- Hunting zones, so anyone that is caught hunting out of that zone can be detained taken to the ranger cells and the cops called.
- When you are downed instead of calling the nhs you can press another key to give the rangers a heads up someone is downed in the mountains.
Unless I'm missing something park rangers are there to deal with animals not humans?

This is my own statement and not of the dev team.

oh yeah they are there to deal with animals over humans but they should have the powers to stop people fishing sharks and turtles plus hunting illegally. plus have the powers to stop and search people selling this stuff. For them to just warn people please dont do that and then calling the cops. so this gives them time to sell the evidence or vanish.

Unless I'm missing something park rangers are there to deal with animals not humans?

Rangers are also supposed to protect animals such as Sharks that are being illegally fished. Currently all you can do is tell a fisherman to stop and call the police. There is also the case of people hunting illegally, if someone is stopped while hunting and then it turns out they do not have a license or are hunting in a banned area all we can do is call the police. We aren't trying to become a new branch of the police force and go out arresting people daily however there are times when it would be useful for us to be able to detain people until the police arrive. The only option we have currently is asking someone to wait until police arrive which requires the cooperation of the person committing the crime and it is extremely unlikely they will comply. 

Unless I'm rights that why we have police / MPO.  I have not heard any requests for help from any of my 50 officers. 

MPO does police the waters. I think we are most active water unit on server. Just Ask us help.

Rangers are also supposed to protect animals such as Sharks that are being illegally fished. Currently all you can do is tell a fisherman to stop and call the police. There is also the case of people hunting illegally, if someone is stopped while hunting and then it turns out they do not have a license or are hunting in a banned area all we can do is call the police. We aren't trying to become a new branch of the police force and go out arresting people daily however there are times when it would be useful for us to be able to detain people until the police arrive. The only option we have currently is asking someone to wait until police arrive which requires the cooperation of the person committing the crime and it is extremely unlikely they will comply. 
Work with police ask help.

Unless I'm rights that why we have police / MPO.  I have not heard any requests for help from any of my 50 officers. 

MPO does police the waters. I think we are most active water unit on server. Just Ask us help.

Work with police ask help.
We do regularly and we have 😉 check your dispatches from the other night when we were patrolling a shark fishing spot too. 

we ask the police for help A LOT through the dispatch system and through personal numbers we all hold. But we understand how busy and overworked the police are with gangs and other ‘higher profile’ call outs

My own oppinion not that of the staff team as a whole.

We do regularly and we have 😉 check your dispatches from the other night when we were patrolling a shark fishing spot too. 

we ask the police for help A LOT through the dispatch system and through personal numbers we all hold. But we understand how busy and overworked the police are with gangs and other ‘higher profile’ call outs
Personal happy help rather than dealing with high quality to from Gangs. I will make sure we get police more out .  (Bit busy at summer but let me know when there is a shark Polo or event I get MPO officer) I don't think rangers should become b tech police similar how G6 is limited with their search, cuffing etch but  would love see more animal related issues on city like animal control.

Well as things stand, the vast majority of people dont know what rangers even do. They literally have 0 ability to police the thing that they are there to police (hunting), if we see someone hunting in raton etc. we can just say please dont do that, but cant do anything beyond that.
Think The rangers need some abilities, i cant say for certain what they need, but would definately be good to run the hunting shack etc aswell to increase the interactions etc.

Well as things stand, the vast majority of people dont know what rangers even do. They literally have 0 ability to police the thing that they are there to police (hunting), if we see someone hunting in raton etc. we can just say please dont do that, but cant do anything beyond that.
Think The rangers need some abilities, i cant say for certain what they need, but would definately be good to run the hunting shack etc aswell to increase the interactions etc.
All that the rangers need is some way to detain someone until police arrive. That either being cuffing them and taking them to the cell at the ranger station to wait for the police or stay with them until the police arrive which will give them time to speed off and leave.

I do think though there needs to be a very careful and fine line between rangers and policing, I've always said from day one, we are not the police nor are we a branch of the police.

However, we do cover so much that creeps into areas of both policing and NHS.

We are not medics but we do help when NHS is low on numbers, or if they ask for assistance, we are also extremely apt in mountain rescues because that's our teritory - mountains, difficult terrain, local parks and the woodlands. We never step on toes and are always trying to be the helping hand by bringing the patient TO the medic and this type of setup could work very well on the police side of things.

For example, we have a boat which is primarily used for shoreline patrols - those patrols involve spectating people illegally fishing and then reporting it to police. The problem here is this: It is our job to protect the wildlife... we observe and report, police don't come (8/10), these people get away, we have failed our duties time and time again. If we had the ability to detain and search, maybe even stretch to a fine that would really enrich our job role as to be perfectly honest, all we are right now is glorified hunters with no respect for what we're trying to 'protect'. I feel being able to do those little things would also not step on the toes of the police and if anything will save them time, give them a head start if they want to take it further (or if we wanted them to) and leave the major and city policing to the police.

The rangers were always intended to be a helping hand or aid to the EMS' without trying to encroach into what they do, but it would be nice if we had more authority over our own areas of work and could be slightly more independant at dealing with things.

My own oppinion not that of the staff team as a whole.

@Astrid Belski

You're going into the grounds of S3 of the Criminal Law Act 1967:

"Use of force in making arrest, etc.

(1)A person may use such force as is reasonable in the circumstances in the prevention of crime, or in effecting or assisting in the lawful arrest of offenders or suspected offenders or of persons unlawfully at large.

(2)Subsection (1) above shall replace the rules of the common law on the question when force used for a purpose mentioned in the subsection is justified by that purpose."

Many authorities across the country can be "Prosecuting Authorities" in the United Kingdom, from local Councils to Housing Agencies. For the rangers to become a prosecuting authority you'd need 3 key components implemented:

1, First the LS Judges would need to introduce 3 Byelaws that allow Rangers to request a persons name and Citizen ID, the 2nd byelaw would be in the carrying of tazers to effect a citizens arrest. The 3rd is the legal authority to issue tickets for relevant offences, you'd need to request what tickets to be issued under that authority. 

2, You would need to introduce a system that allows rangers to keep track of peoples tickets and allow law enforcement agencies to be able to see those tickets to make charging decisions.

3, Equip Rangers with tazers to effect a citizens arrest, take the arrested suspect to the ranger hut cell then call for police to come and formally arrest them.

You would probably need solicitors to assist in the legal proceedings to seek a civil prosecution in cases where tickets are not paid but the above would probably suit the ranger remit, training and method of working best. You aren't Police officers but the above changes would allow you to work in a way as a prosecuting authority instead, which is entirely different. Personally I disagree with tasers for rangers BUT I know you'd probably end up needing them since there's not really any other way. 

-------------------

In the meantime, you could request names, citizens ID's and phone numbers from people in order to pass to CID to have tickets issued on your behalf. You're acting as members of the public in this respect and not using a legal power however until the above is met. 

I believe that YES rangers should have more to do.

However this would require a massive rework not only on dev side (correct if wrong).

But also making a ranking structure properly checking who has what etc.

Im afraid that handing rangers a taser would only restult in a f ton of tasers being destributed troughout the entire server (if not another weapon)

I like the idea yet its a no for me

(My personal opinion not a staff team opinion)

In regards to the Taser, Park Rangers don't need Tasers. We just need some way to detain people, Tasers would help with that however we could also tackle and use handcuffs like the police. This means there is no need for rangers to have Tasers and tackling then cuffing would still give us the ability to detain people properly.

I believe that YES rangers should have more to do.

However this would require a massive rework not only on dev side (correct if wrong).

But also making a ranking structure properly checking who has what etc.

Im afraid that handing rangers a taser would only restult in a f ton of tasers being destributed troughout the entire server (if not another weapon)

I like the idea yet its a no for me

(My personal opinion not a staff team opinion)
I don't think we need tasers either. I've always said it. Just the ability to 'civilian arrest' and throw in the cells.

The ranking structure already exists, would just be a case of coding it to certain ranks (much like they have done with the armory already)

Long and short of it is rangers are dying sadly because nobody respects us and there's little RP we can do with people illegally fishing and poaching/hunting - It just ends up with us either being killed or laughed at.  

Obviously I am not a dev for the server but I can speak from my own experience with FiveM development, I really think that it would be a fairly simple change to add something like this. We are not asking for new features, just the ability to use some existing features such as handcuffs so we can actually do our jobs properly. In terms of dev work adding an item to the armoury should be fairly straightforward and restricting it to certain ranger ranks should also be fairly simple as it is stuff that has already been done. Certain armoury items are already restricted so that Trainee's can not access everything. As for the ability to let us actually use the handcuffs on people, that again it is something that has already been done and implementing it for rangers shouldn't be a lot of work for devs. Again, I am not a developer for the server so I could be entirely wrong, I don't know how their scripts work so I can't say anything for certain but based on my experience I don't believe it would be much work to add existing features to the rangers.

With the greatest of respect there were simply far too many rules imposed on the faction that it drove the fun out of it. It doesnt have that same draw as say the police, where yes i get theres a lot of paperwork but theres also the adrenaline rush of a car chase, shootout or drug bust.

The rangers dont have that same adrenaline factor and, quite frankly, the rules imposed and the "admin" has probably driven away a lot of people including myself. It became a chore. not a game.

With the greatest of respect there were simply far too many rules imposed on the faction that it drove the fun out of it. It doesnt have that same draw as say the police, where yes i get theres a lot of paperwork but theres also the adrenaline rush of a car chase, shootout or drug bust.

The rangers dont have that same adrenaline factor and, quite frankly, the rules imposed and the "admin" has probably driven away a lot of people including myself. It became a chore. not a game.
Sorry you feel that way.

With the greatest respect all factions have 'rules' in place. We unfortunately don't have the luxury of 'chasing criminals' or 'treating injuries after a accident' say.
The 'rules' imposed by the command team were simply to make sure you refuel and repair your vehicles after being on duty and to be on radio and callsign while on duty. Other than that, the faction is very relaxed and heavily RP based (which is made clear in the application form) you have to go out and make your own RP a lot of the time with the job and unfortunately, even though this is a RP server, not a great deal of people can do that off their own backs.

being a new ranger myself id like to see something implemented to help me in apprehending illegal hunters and fishers! I don't think we need tazers like is said above but something in out armoury that could give us a chance to do our job properly would be nice!

Back