What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Rangers need some changes

Chubbers

I feel sorry for the rangers as they are useless in the city and no one gives a shit what they do or say when doing illegal stuff that they should be able to enforce. Everyone knows they cant do anything to stop criminals when they are fishing or hunting so i feel they need a rework,

-They should be able to search people, search cars, detain people (use handcuffs) and have a none lethal weapon to stun people. instead of just calling the cops and waiting for them to just turn up. Another thing they could be able to do is issue fines.
-Hunting zones, so anyone that is caught hunting out of that zone can be detained taken to the ranger cells and the cops called. Any one that abuses their power can be taken to courts just like the cops do when they abuse their powers.
-Buy bait from the rangers to get better quality pelts that sell more. so you place the bait down and wait for a animal to turn up and kill it. you can get 1-3 star pelts or a endangered animal pelt you need to sell to some dude to get cash from it.
-Only able to sell when the rangers are at the ranger shop so they can use the meat to make ingredients for foods for them to sell off. More fun interactions 
-Give them a weapon that can stun people that they can only use. like bear mace, or a tranquilizer. 
-When you are downed instead of calling the nhs you can press another key to give the rangers a heads up someone is downed in the mountains.

Last edited by a moderator:
being a new ranger myself id like to see something implemented to help me in apprehending illegal hunters and fishers! I don't think we need tazers like is said above but something in out armoury that could give us a chance to do our job properly would be nice!
What happens when your request a person's details as a ranger like this?

What about wrighting up fines? Makes more sence then arresting people imo.

What about wrighting up fines? Makes more sence then arresting people imo.
Fining people would be good but there are certain situations where it would be good for us to be able to detain people. This wouldn't be us arresting them it would just be us placing them in cuffs and either waiting for police or moving them to our cell to await collection by police. Situations could be violent people (obviously NVL applies but some situations it may be ok to detain someone with a weapon) or someone who you know to be doing illegal activities that fall under the ranger duties that tries to run. (Already been searched and tries to run from ticket, seen hunting dangerously / illegally and running).

For the cuffing I feel that all we need would be the ability to tackle and cuff like the police can. I do not think rangers should have ANY type of weapons besides their regular hunting equipment which is not to be used against people.
If this was added the consequences for abusing it should be severe. Immediate suspension pending investigation and most likely getting fired.

I propose we try a pilot first before requiring dev action with this and see where it goes from there

@Zeus0x00 no offence but i dont think the park rangers should be allowed to cuff people like police do. 

Id much rather see rangers collect evidence, build a case and either fine the person or let the head rangers review the evidence to then move forward with a warrant or something for the persons arrested so the police can take them in.

the person could then dispute in court etc…

@Zeus0x00 no offence but i dont think the park rangers should be allowed to cuff people like police do. 

Id much rather see rangers collect evidence, build a case and either fine the person or let the head rangers review the evidence to then move forward with a warrant or something for the persons arrested so the police can take them in.

the person could then dispute in court etc…
The issue comes when the mystery person continues to be a mystery person and police are too busy to help

What happens when your request a person's details as a ranger like this?
so most hunters are compliant but there is always some who either refuse to cooperate or just straight up be ignorant because they know we have no right to use force to stop them or to administer fines

Back