What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Re add the screen flash on a kill or the red X

Status
Not open for further replies.
image.png

Now that there's one, there needs to be the other. 

• Haha
Reactions: Kay
May I ask why just a straight No 

in what way does it effect roleplay because at the end the day it is a server for people to have fun with and get to know new people. A lot people that agree with this in my opinion is the most active/known people on the server. please may we have more feedback on it from a dev side on why a little red cross or a screen flash is such a bad thing ?

May I ask why just a straight No 

in what way does it effect roleplay because at the end the day it is a server for people to have fun with and get to know new people. A lot people that agree with this in my opinion is the most active/known people on the server. please may we have more feedback on it from a dev side on why a little red cross or a screen flash is such a bad thing ?
I am of the opinion that it does not do anything positive. I am sure that the " active/known people on the server" all think the same however like them I have my own opinions and I do think it should be on this server. You are correct in saying it's a place for people to have fun and meet new people however having this flash marker or not would not change. It does not become less fun because you do not have a flash on your screen. I believe the time we have should be dealt with working on new features for the players to have more exploration of further rp and partaking in further enjoyment rather than us sitting and reverting to old code because a small portion of the server wants something different. There are times when you may think its the worst thing in the world however I can promise you a few months down the line and you and the others will forget about it. Unless you go back and play on trapstar ;) (I joke here)

I am of the opinion that it does not do anything positive. I am sure that the " active/known people on the server" all think the same however like them I have my own opinions and I do think it should be on this server. You are correct in saying it's a place for people to have fun and meet new people however having this flash marker or not would not change. It does not become less fun because you do not have a flash on your screen. I believe the time we have should be dealt with working on new features for the players to have more exploration of further rp and partaking in further enjoyment rather than us sitting and reverting to old code because a small portion of the server wants something different. There are times when you may think its the worst thing in the world however I can promise you a few months down the line and you and the others will forget about it. Unless you go back and play on trapstar 😉 (I joke here)
I understand it's an RP server and not a "fragging" server, but shooting is a part of the game itself. And it is just that, it is still a game. Unfortunately, and I don't speak for everyone, but the fun is being pulled out of the game in place for "realism". For many, playing on a server like this can be an escape from reality and we want to have fun with it at the same time. The screen flash or the red x (one or the other is being requested here) did no harm to the server, all it did was confirm for the player that whoever they were shooting was infact down. With fake drops and connection issues (previously mentioned) as well as the fact that when downed you may not actually leave the vehicle, it could be impossible to tell if someone is actually down and injured. While "it does not do anything positive", it also does not do anything negative or impact the server.

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand it's an RP server and not a "fragging" server, but shooting is a part of the game itself. And it is just that, it is still a game. Unfortunately, and I don't speak for everyone, but the fun is being pulled out of the game in place for "realism". For many, playing on a server like this can be an escape from reality and we want to have fun with it at the same time. The screen flash or the red x (one or the other is being requested here) did no harm to the server, all it did was confirm for the player that whoever they were shooting was infact down. With fake drops and connection issues (previously mentioned) it could be impossible to tell if someone is actually down and injured. While "it does not do anything positive", it also does not do anything negative or impact the server.
I respect what you are saying however as I mentioned I am simply stating my perspective and viewpoints. I am not the one who decides the fate of the server, as you have I am giving my view on something which in my view should not be changed. I am not suggesting that it is not an escape from reality or people can not have fun so I hope you are not trying to suggest I am saying that. I have always remained fair in my decisions and calls to ensure balance and fairness so people can have fun.

I am of the opinion that it does not do anything positive. I am sure that the " active/known people on the server" all think the same however like them I have my own opinions and I do think it should be on this server. You are correct in saying it's a place for people to have fun and meet new people however having this flash marker or not would not change. It does not become less fun because you do not have a flash on your screen. I believe the time we have should be dealt with working on new features for the players to have more exploration of further rp and partaking in further enjoyment rather than us sitting and reverting to old code because a small portion of the server wants something different. There are times when you may think its the worst thing in the world however I can promise you a few months down the line and you and the others will forget about it. Unless you go back and play on trapstar 😉 (I joke here)
This is fair but one thing i wanna mention is something got said and approved ill link it below

See this I think is a great idea but one thing i wanna mention is that with no little red cross to find if someone is dead now mid war you would have to go up to the car and check I know Liam said "promoting fragging" I feel just one little thing that does not effect the server in a way a lot people would like to have back 🙂

I respect what you are saying however as I mentioned I am simply stating my perspective and viewpoints. I am not the one who decides the fate of the server, as you have I am giving my view on something which in my view should not be changed. I am not suggesting that it is not an escape from reality or people can not have fun so I hope you are not trying to suggest I am saying that. I have always remained fair in my decisions and calls to ensure balance and fairness so people can have fun.
I wasn't suggesting that at all I apologies if that is how you read it and took it. I am just confused as to how a screen flash or red x changes the balance of the server? I just think that at the moment the fun of the server is being compromised for "realism" and sometimes it's hard to remember that it is just a game we are playing and not real life. I think the addition of the not leaving the vehicle downed is a good suggestion, but not in conjunction with no screen flash or red x to know if an individual is actually down or not. I'm not sure how a screen flash or red x can promote fragging. Shooting is a natural part of this server when gangs are prominent and wars are bound to happen. It's all about still having fun and I think a screen flash or red x does no harm to the server.

no little red cross to find if someone is dead now mid war you would have to go up to the car
This is partially the entire point of removing the cross, you now need to check and it slows down the pace to make you more considerate about what you do.

Yes! Lets re-add the screen flash, and why not add a Mario coin noise for every kill you get to make frag montages easier to make!

Heavy Vouch, the coin sound effect would save so much time!

Not everyone uses screen flash for montages, no matter what you do frag montages will always exist. It sucks to some, and i can understand but it is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back