What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Re add the screen flash on a kill or the red X

Status
Not open for further replies.
-1 Adds RP by not knowing. thinking you have cleared up the enemy for a survivor to then inform his friends ect

Adds a new dynamic to this 'Serious' RP server. 

Helps the fragging to be toned down and could even help with the Car Vs Car meta as people will need to go check ect. 

Yes! Lets re-add the screen flash, and why not add a Mario coin noise for every kill you get to make frag montages easier to make!
- frag montages are gonna be made anyway whether there are kill effects or not. 

- people find it fun making these videos and gives people something to do when the server gets boring 

if you don't like watching these "frag montages" then don't watch them, simple. 

-1 Adds RP by not knowing
you say it adds RP but when u kill someone in a car the car stops moving or crashes into a wall meaning your going to know they are dead in that car. its going to have the same outcome whether you have a flash on your screen or not. 

the server for years have had kill effects/the red X when u get a kill, it is an in game setting which has always been optional, i feel like if you want no kill effects it should be up to you and not by force due to how little it changes the RP in the server

i don't see the problem with having it in the server due to it being such a small aspect that most people enjoyed to have as u can tell with the amount of upvotes/comments this post has

- people find it fun making these videos and gives people something to do when the server gets boring 

you say it adds RP but when u kill someone in a car the car stops moving or crashes into a wall meaning your going to know they are dead in that car. its going to have the same outcome whether you have a flash on your screen or not. 

the server for years have had kill effects/the red X when u get a kill, it is an in game setting which has always been optional, i feel like if you want no kill effects it should be up to you and not by force due to how little it changes the RP in the server

i don't see the problem with having it in the server due to it being such a small aspect that most people enjoyed to have as u can tell with the amount of upvotes/comments this post has
+1

going to have the same outcome whether you have a flash on your screen or not
So why do we need it back? If it makes no difference may as well leave it, no? the change has been made already no point in arguing it anymore..

So why do we need it back? If it makes no difference may as well leave it, no? the change has been made already no point in arguing it anymore..
Its the same argument back though, Makes no difference then why remove it? 

because people want it and like it? why not add something people actually want. you say "the change has been made already no point arguing it anymore" but if you was not happy with a change would you not want it changed? 

because people want it and like it? why not add something people actually want. you say "the change has been made already no point arguing it anymore" but if you was not happy with a change would you not want it changed? 

Why do you want it back other than the fact you like it?

• Having it there or not, does not remove fun
  • It removes Roleplay. I.E. With it, you knew they died. Without it, you need to check if they're dead and you have the risk factor that they could be pretending to be dead

• Having it there or not, does not remove fun
  • It removes Roleplay. I.E. With it, you knew they died. Without it, you need to check if they're dead and you have the risk factor that they could be pretending to be dead
If you honestly think that adding a red cross when killing someone removes rp then you've lost the plot entirely. It really just is a QOL feature which by the looks of it more than a "small group" of people want added back and there completely valid reasons behind it have already been added to the suggestion so give them another read for your answers 🙂

All I've seen is:

• Fun!
  • More RP!
  • etc..
What a crime.

It's like if the British government stopped importing tea, in reality it doesn't matter as its just a cup of tea your missing out on, but it's always been available and people enjoy it so why remove it?

No one was complaining about the red cross before and its only on your screen for less than a second so what's the issue? 

You say that RP can be made due to the fact that you'll have to check the car to see if the person is dead but that just won't happen with constant server lag and de-sync issues most people will just unload more bullets into the individual instead. 

The Red Cross only shows when you get a headshot aswell , so if you kill someone’s and it’s not a headshot the same “RP” that’s added by removing the kill effect still applies even with the headshot effect because you won’t know if you’ve killed then or not.

At the end of the day we are all play games, and the only game that has gunfights I’ve played that doesn’t have some form kill effect / notification is EFT and even then you know you’ve killed someone because the person you’ve killed let’s out a loud ass scream if pain. I see no reason to remove it.

I'm not quite sure how much work it takes and if that would be your reasoning for not wanting it back in the server. But realistically it doesn't negatively effect RP obviously its getting brought up from people in gangs but we all know gun fights don't make RP, they're an extention of it but we as a community can and do provide more RP than there is gun fights and try to make things as realistic as possible. I wouldn't even say it promotes fragging mentality as Liam brought up, I think it's just an extention of older players in RPUK not wanting everything to change, there's a reason people stay loyal to the server and its because at its core rpuk isn't like other servers even if we do share some scripts and features 

but we all know gun fights don't make RP
That's the issue staff is having with this frag mentality.

That's the issue. 

Gun fights should make RP and could potentially make some amazing storylines instead of this bumper car madness we see now. 

It shouldn't be trying to sweep everyone up so it ends the situation. 

You make a really good point rockus big thumbs up from Paul Bundy ! 

That's the issue staff is having with this frag mentality.

That's the issue. 

Gun fights should make RP and could potentially make some amazing storylines instead of this bumper car madness we see now. 

I myself hate car fights, its boring as shit I'd much rather not fight at all than just play rocket league. And by saying it doesn't make RP I don't mean there is no rp from it, I'm saying gunfights are not the be all and end all of rp. 

Alot of the time myself I don't sweep people up because I can't be assed dumping or dodging them because it's a boring end, allowing it to play out is much better but a small cross on your screen doesn't mean a bigger rp story won't come from it 

that's how it is for the police all they want is too scoop take the guns and put us in prison, they take us to a cell read a script go write a report and done. we lose an item which takes a few hours of grinding to get, we have the bare minimum to earn money and for e,g the drug dealing they have nerfed that so we cannot sell to the same local, just doesn't seem right tbh. all we are asking for is a flash on the screen? doesn't sound like were asking for the crim update to be released?

U Think a flash on my peoples screen gonna change whether people have a "frag mentality" 
Yes. because its not just a flash. its a frag indicator. 

its a step in the right direction to combat it. its not the full solution 

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back