What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Re add the screen flash on a kill or the red X

Status
Not open for further replies.
its a step in the right direction to combat it. its not the full solution 
i dont think you realise but behind all the shooting with gangs there is quality RP around it most of the time. its not all shooting. a flash is not going to change the RP at all so i dont see a problem with it being added back.

i dont think you realise but behind all the shooting with gangs there is quality RP around it most of the time. its not all shooting. a flash is not going to change the RP at all so i dont see a problem with it being added back.
I think there is a misconception that I haven't been on that side of the RP and just butting my nose in. in the 2+ years I have been here I have been in 3 gangs and do have some first hand knowledge of these things.

The flash gives you information. does your character get the flash? No because you wouldn't in a realistic scenario. making sure your enemy is truly down is RP and does refrain people naturally from this frag mentality. "I need to check to see if I got him" "could get caught lacking when I check" it adds more to the situations. 

its essentially a hit marker for kills and  these are initially brought in for more arcade like games "GTO, COD ECT" to indicate you got a kill because its not part of the gameplay loop to even worry about checking the dead. 

RPUK is coded onto GTA and as your aware is turning it into a more realistic environment than the one envisioned by Rockstar. 

Rockstar didn't care about petrol in cars, if you ate or anything about little details you are a killing machine in their game but that's not the case on the server RPUK is developing. 

if you haven't got a issue with having to do other realistic things implemented by the devs it shouldn't be a big deal your character not having the spider sense to know when he has killed someone and will have to check like a normal person.  

dragging a game into another genre is hard and sometimes you get used to features from the base game but this server is ever evolving. 

what do u think is the full solution then?
Don't think there is a perfect solution. its fighting against mentality and all the admins and devs can do is implement ways to chip away at this block because with some parts of frag mentality you cannot control and its down to the person playing. 

The devs have started to crack down in other aspects such as ghost peaking and also frag packs (still see them in every gang video) I think its just like I said above creating all these minor changes that build up and help create the foundation that you will lose and you don't always know if you won but thats just how the story goes. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Its the same argument back though, Makes no difference then why remove it? 
The change has been made, if it makes no difference why is there a forums post full of people complaining, that's the point I'm making. This thread wasn't made in an attempt to ask devs why the change was made but for people to complain to have it added back..

Not trying to argue back and forth here, just seems hopeless for this thread to be made and people saying it makes no difference either way

The flash gives you information. does your character get the flash?
with this point here i wanna ask, does your character see in 3rd person? does your character see your ui? does your character see your crosshair? dont they all give you information which your character shouldnt know? if anything they give more information than a kill effect does. its a game not everything is going to be like real life. if u want a real life simulator you should ask to remove ui and force us in 1st person to make it as realistic as possible. 

"I need to check to see if I got him"
you say we need to check if we got him but like i have said before, if you kill someone they either fall to the floor or if they are in a car there car stops or crashes. with me being in a gang i have no had one situation where i have had to take more than 1-2 seconds to see if someone i have shot is downed. 

with this point here i wanna ask, does your character see in 3rd person? does your character see your ui? does your character see your crosshair? dont they all give you information which your character shouldnt know? if anything they give more information than a kill effect does. its a game not everything is going to be like real life. if u want a real life simulator you should ask to remove ui and force us in 1st person to make it as realistic as possible. 
The UI depicts things impossible to show otherwise. You cannot feel your characters thirst or hunger or feel when he's hurt so the UI is the compromise for things you cannot portray visually with the game. However shooting someone you can visually see if they are down without UI indicators. 

As for third person that is something down to opinion and have no arguments for that's 

does your character see in 3rd person? does your character see your ui? does your character see your crosshair? dont they all give you information which your character shouldnt know? if anything they give more information than a kill effect does
+1 agree this would solve a lot of problems, people would need to be much more deliberate with their actions, more careful and considerate driving and would make people think more before shooting would love to see this implemented.

+1 agree this would solve a lot of problems, people would need to be much more deliberate with their actions, more careful and considerate driving and would make people think more before shooting would love to see this implemented.
GTA IS not a good game for first person not at all, if it was like Dayz i would give you the benefit of the doubt but this game is the most wank ass game in first person, it just doesnt perform well.

Last edited by a moderator:
ah, the realism card.

only gets used when it benefits someone and what they want

-1 if you want to have the kill effect thing go on arena

-1, This change makes people shoot and asses whether their target is down rather than waiting for a flash to confirm it for them.

There is little to no constructive feedback on this topic, just people mindlessly typing +1.

I’m not even going to sit here and argue. It’s pointless. But I do think this is a contributing factor as to why people within the community don’t feel like they can suggest things. We don’t feel listened to. We don’t feel heard. The screen flash and/or red x (I’m not sure which) was an optional BASE GAME setting within gta itself. If you didn’t like it you could turn it off yourself. I’m not sure why it got forced upon everyone that it was now not allowed to be optional. Fun is being taken from this game in place for “realism” and some forget it is still just a game. I want to play GTA RP, not life simulator. For most, it was less about “fragging” and more about satisfaction. It’s sad to see that “fragging” is the excuse used against most things now. This will be my last comment on this suggestion.

I’m not even going to sit here and argue. It’s pointless. But I do think this is a contributing factor as to why people within the community don’t feel like they can suggest things. We don’t feel listened to. We don’t feel heard. The screen flash and/or red x (I’m not sure which) was an optional BASE GAME setting within gta itself. If you didn’t like it you could turn it off yourself. I’m not sure why it got forced upon everyone that it was now not allowed to be optional. Fun is being taken from this game in place for “realism” and some forget it is still just a game. I want to play GTA RP, not life simulator. For most, it was less about “fragging” and more about satisfaction. It’s sad to see that “fragging” is the excuse used against most things now. This will be my last comment on this suggestion.
Eufff goated reply 

well said

Well said.

-1 Adds RP by not knowing. thinking you have cleared up the enemy for a survivor to then inform his friends ect

Adds a new dynamic to this 'Serious' RP server. 

Helps the fragging to be toned down and could even help with the Car Vs Car meta as people will need to go check ect. 
Exactly this! I have no connection whatsoever to gunfights, if possible I avoid them. So my impression is biased. However I have played ambitiously FPS half my life so I know where this uproar is coming from. But this is a ROLEPLAY server FFS. If you wanna frag, go play the respective games. Rocket league is awful enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back