What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Rebel life [Discussion]

Especially when you crash into a fucking tiny ass cone on the side of the road and it kills you just after you have geared up.
Which is another reason why rebel is dead. 

If cops/Poseidon die, it’s of no consequence. When a rebel dies they lose a mil worth of gear, along with their bounty. 

A run takes 30 odd minutes to do, it’s more efficient for a rebel to spend 30 minutes bleeding out because they will save money rather than regearing and going to do a run. It’s just another point where rebels lose out to being in a whitelisted faction. 

Problem: waiting for medics, and a lot of the times even when you message them you get no reply. (Obviously they’re busy)

solution: allow anyone to revive friends at the hospital, medics can be there for roleplay ofcourse. (Still takes time to take people to a hospital etc)

Thanks steal my content Geordie jumpah 🤷‍♂️

@Wilco, apologies if I'm not allowed to tag you, can you confirm something for me please.

Assume we were to have a full server reset at 00:00 tomorrow, is there a way to save and make a backup of everybody's current server state, money, vehicles licence etc? 

I ask this because hypothetically if there were a full server reset, and you could back up everything, after say a month if the majority of people weren't happy about it, you could simply put everything back to the old server state? 

This way there's no real loss, either the reset boosts rebel life again, or people aren't happy and we arw back to square one. 
this seem like a good idea when everything is fixed or ready to be tested as you could always go back to having your old stuff if lots of people feel that the wipe was bad and would also allow other bug to be found with everyone trying everything and having a full server doing new things you are sure to find a few bugs that private testing could never find. and i would be fun seeing a server full of hobos.  

solution: allow anyone to revive friends at the hospital
Isnt this why we are able to join the NHS and obtain the rank of Surgeon/Doctor so that we can revive people while off-duty ? 

I get that not everyone can (or want to) join the NHS but there is already a solution out there.

Perhaps adding another item (which can be similar to defibs) but they cost like 100k so that you can revive people at the hospital without being a off-duty SUR+ or needing a medic to help you out.

Take away big guns from police and poseidon. They have numbers. Gives reason why to play rebel. If in future rebels starting to have big clans then bring back big guns to police and poseidon. One way how to play with balance about factions
I don't think making the other factions worse automatically makes being a rebel better, it makes the whole server worse off, wrong approach imo.

It sadly just wouldn’t work and wouldn’t be supported to make other factions worse off for rebels benefit, that’s why I believe rebel weapons should be a lot cheaper and that rebels should get more access to better weaponry. 

The balance just has to be rebuilt, and if we can’t look at the other factions then we have to look at what can be added to rebel to help make things more balanced.

~ 1 ~
@Rice Krispy  I'm confused... "Rebels should get more access to better weaponry" ... You pretty much have everything which is available in Arma 3 Vanilla?
With the exception of a few weapons which have no place on a 'Roleplay' Server. Which 'better' weapons should they introduce to Rebel Life?​

​

~ 2 ~
Also an 'Economy Wipe' is to late now.. With FiveM/RageMP in eyesight, and both of those mods are getting more stable by the day. I would argue that a 'Economy Wipe' would just kill of the Server sooner.  We're already a year to late with that option, as I mentioned before 'Major crimes' should be reserved to Rebel Life, Dynamic market should be spreading the people across the island. Consistent map changes to keep everything fresh and interesting. Looking into balancing weapon prices.

~ 3 ~
Introducing a 'SMG License' which will costs around 750.000 pounds, which could be used for Legal activities, with certain restrictions in place.
When someone is committing Illegal activities with the firearm, his license will be revoked.
Weapon included in this 'SMG License' Protector 9mm, Vermin .45, and Sting 9mm.​

Last edited by a moderator:
With the exception of a few weapons which have no place on a 'Roleplay' Server. Which 'better' weapons should they introduce to Rebel Life?
The better weapons such as zafir, mk200 etc. Which are already on the server, I believe should be more easily obtainable than the really small chance of getting them in a drop currently. 

What would you propose otherwise? Because right now the rebels are outnumbered and usually outgunned. There needs to be a new balance found that fits with the current server state.

Introducing a 'SMG License' which will costs around 750.000 pounds, which could be used for Legal activities, with certain restrictions in place.
When someone is committing Illegal activities with the firearm, his license will be revoked.
Although a good idea, I believe the price is too much for a license which will only really be used by newer players or off duty cops, as well as being able to lose the license. I believe an SMG licence should definitely be cheaper than normal rebel training. Maybe around 100-200k would be more suitable.

Weapon included in this 'SMG License' Protector 9mm, Vermin .45, and Sting 9mm.
Decent idea but, Would the SMGs be free upon purchasing a license?

As Ronald Strauss said, with arma slowly dying as a game people won’t have the motivation to play if they need to regain all their money and thousands of hours put into the game at this point. People will do it but people will also look at it logically and decide it’ll be a waste of time, people may still go back to factions but the motivation will never be the same

as for rebel weapons. Adding more I believe starts to send it down the wrong route. Make it cheaper, yes - at half price I believe 300-350k should be the highest for a full loadout(not including ghille  suit or anything special— and buy highest I am saying either full mxsw- inc 100rnd mags, or a mk1 ), and maybe add a way for viper to craft some of the higher calibration weapons which we currently can access through an SAF, obviously however this should require large amounts of steal - a truck load or so, along with another couple runs to craft it all together - to ensure it is something effort is put into to create

So many posts dont have the time to read through it all so apologies for the stuff i am most likely about to repeat.

poseidon and police are fine in their current state I have been in both and I dont believe there are any large issues overall. 

Rebel in its current state has some issues but the main issue is pricing and I know its been said before but the sole reason I dont play rebel is the ridiculous cost, yes rebel should be more expensive than both factions but not at the insane cost it is when its full price (which it has been 90% of the time the last few months when I have played). The people I have spoken to always say the same thing that it is too expensive, just get rid of full price and keep half prices all the time and I promise that there will be more rebel activity. I feel that this needs to be the start point and then we can start discussing runs/stuff to do for rebels.

People will still donate even without the benefits of prices being reduced when the goal is reached, a lot of the donations come from people in factions. 

Last edited by a moderator:
police are fine
I would mostly agree, but the new Promet SG has to be AR only, it's way too good for soo many officers to have it.

Poseidon is fine,  i agree with that.

And rebel is completely f'ed atm, loadouts way too expensive compared to how easily they are lost, and how "hard" it is to get money

I’d say with this latest update that we’re finally on the right tracks and hopefully there’s still more to come 😃

Back