What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Reduce Gang cap to 15

Have you seen the ways gang make "actual" money right now? It's not fun, interactive, varied, any form of roleplay.
Yeah - I'm one of those people who loosely you could consider a "gang member" and we all make money perfectly fine. If you don't put the graft/work in and just don't want to earn money because its "not fun" then you are doing it for the wrong reasons. 

You can easily make money through RP, just need to take the steps to do it and make a way for yourself. 

Hi guys, I feel like in my opinion the roleplay quality was higher when the cap was 35 because you have more people to RP with.
I disagree with this, 35 was too many people in a gang. Especially when you consider how many gangs there were back then, it added up to over half the server slots each night. Numbers do not equal quality RP people want so bad. 

Yeah - I'm one of those people who loosely you could consider a "gang member" and we all make money perfectly fine. If you don't put the graft/work in and just don't want to earn money because its "not fun" then you are doing it for the wrong reasons. 

You can easily make money through RP, just need to take the steps to do it and make a way for yourself. 
There are ways to make money, I'm talking about a less repetitive way to make money rather than just alt left click one bag at a time to a car or local. 

People will feel even more left out when they get removed from a whitelisted gang they’ve spent months working for and are told to go pretend to be a new gang with no clothing, no safe houses no gang parking and no gus supply. Not to mention other things you get in the city simply from being “whitelisted”

it’s easy to ask people to kick 2/3 people but to drop 10 people, that would include people that would probably never deserve it in the first place.
I get that people would loose access to things and i agree that it would be hard to pick the people that you let go from your gang however, this has been done before and people either moved to gangs with less members or made there own gangs/groups , 229 where nothing at one point and now have an F6 and are treated like every other gang with an f6, I would assume that if the gang cap was lowered there would be more leniency on bringing in more gangs with an f6 and therefore this issue of the new gangs not being able to access the things they could before would be resolved.

But i can understand how if people where kicked they would feel they have just lose everything, but changes sometime have to be made for the better.

To summarise this post - 

gangs currently under 15 - we like this idea because we can’t compete with gangs of 25.

gangs over 15 - why should we kick people just to help gangs who can’t compete with us. 

I do think if a new cap was implemented into gangs, police should also receive a cap so it is equal. The server is not a crim server or police server it is a mixture of everything, so it needs to be fair... 15 gang members vs like 30+ feds turning up to a situation is ridiculous to me. Because so many people with crim characters are bored they try new things, police have never been so active because criminals need something new to do, things are taken away or new things are given and police are given something to counter it. WE NEED MORE BALANCE 

Last edited by a moderator:
There are ways to make money, I'm talking about a less repetitive way to make money rather than just alt left click one bag at a time to a car or local. 
Again, if you don't wanna put the boring graft/work in to further your fun in RP later. Then you won't get very far. It isn't a get rich quick server, you need to put the work in. 

To summarise this post - 

gangs currently under 15 - we like this idea because we can’t compete with gangs of 25.

gangs over 15 - why should we kick people just to help gangs who can’t compete with us. 
I supported it when I was in a 40+ man gang.

I'm not against smaller groups, but if implemented it must be balanced. You must also limit the police. The gang cap has downsized a couple of times now but the police hasn't. 

It just isn't reasonable otherwise. 

Maybe off the back of this scenario is where the group of 6 rule could be highlighted again - where there is a cap on how many members can get involved (including police)

I know this suggestion is somewhere on the forums already

I do think if a new cap was implemented into gangs, police should also receive a cap so it is equal. The server is not a crim server or police server it is a mixture of everything, so it needs to be fair... 15 gang members vs like 30+ feds turning up to a situation is ridiculous to me 
+1 I agree it think there should definitely be a limited amount of police that can turn up to a situation, no one wants to rp when they are surrounded by 10 police cars for failing to stop there car.

I supported it when I was in a 40+ man gang.
As a gang if you can't maintain active 25 members, on a 300 pop server, you shouldn't exist at the moment. Pretty much that's it. If you want to lower it to 15 either you aren't putting yourselves out there enough or aren't doing enough work to attract people to your turf or gang or whatever. 15/10 members for a 200/250 would make sense to be honest.

As a gang if you can't maintain active 25 members, on a 300 pop server, you shouldn't exist at the moment. Pretty much that's it. If you want to lower it to 15 either you aren't putting yourselves out there enough or aren't doing enough work to attract people to your turf or gang or whatever. 15/10 members for a 200/250 would make sense to be honest.
lol. k.

I do think if a new cap was implemented into gangs, police should also receive a cap so it is equal
what kind of cap? like how many can turn up to a situation or how many can be on at a certain time?

anyway, on to the whole point of lowering the amount of slots, i don't see how that's gonna change anything, if people don't RP proper now with 25 people in the group, why would they do it with 15?
sure zerging may become rare, car usage will probably stay the same, or become the norm more than it already is due to the fact that they have less people to help them out.

this aswell, it makes sense for smaller gangs not being able to compete with the "big leagues" so to speak, some groups will have more power, just how it works to my knowledge, idk, make it possible for gangs below a certain amount to group up with people so that it adds to 25, kinda like a "lets group up to knock x group down a few pegs" kinda thing

my own opinion and so on

I think people may have lost track of this whole suggestion - I think @Raj Patelsuggested it for more RP reasons than people can't "compete" or can't handle it 25 active members. It's not about who is fragging the most, it's not about who is "winning".

It's about improving the quality of roleplay. Not wars. 

Have you ever thought that gangs/groups want to be selective with who they recruit. I could guarantee that gangs like Ballas/Coalition/Grove could easily fill there gangs to 25 if they want by brining in any baldy they find outside of pillbox. I also don't see why as a gang member you would want to be attracting people to your turf? Should people not be scared to step foot in them areas?

Have you ever thought that gangs/groups want to be selective with who they recruit. I could guarantee that gangs like Ballas/Coalition/Grove could easily fill there gangs to 25 if they want by brining in any baldy they find outside of pillbox. I also don't see why as a gang member you would want to be attracting people to your turf? Should people not be scared to step foot in them areas?
Gangs could easily fill 25 with any randoms that come to turfs, just let them in and let them rock the gang colour after meeting them... But why would you want to do that, it makes no sense within RP and such a bad idea for gangs reputations. it is meant to be a special privilege to be part of a whitelisted gang and we are meant to be a great example on the server, especially for new players 

I feel like a lot of people think I've suggested this because I'm Coalition and we dont have 25 members. We discussed this back when we had a full F6, we have purposely not gone out and tried to recruit people.

I just think it brings more gangs and more balance. We could easily fill the f6 

Back