What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Remove the mines & Replace it with other ways

Father

Brief Summary:
Remove the mines completely & replace it with other ways.

Detailed Suggestion:
(now this is just my opinion) but the mines is like literally 0 RP and the odd time you will get an interaction.

Now what I suggest for ways to replace the "material" gathering is many other ways. 

Could be for example get a job for "stealing a certain car in a location" , now this car could be taken to somewhere scrapped stripped or whatever and the parts / materials used for it can be for well , you know what.

Yes maybe getting the jobs are maybe via an NPC or what ever and that is not much RP but the RP that getting that job can provide is the potentially at what I'm trying to say here.

For the legal side of gathering materials I am struggling with ideas.

Could be via through mechanical side of things when police are scrapping someone's car / truck w/e they could get in contact with local mechanics / shops as Auto Exotic / Tire Nuts 

Other Ideas is via going to warehouses to search through things to salvage materials

The Pros:
This promotes a bit more RP for the criminal side & also police side through gathering materials, could be investigation work / chases etc and also give the criminal side an extra activity to do

- Criminal & Police scenarios
- Will be more RP than people sitting in the mines AFK

The Cons:

Dev Work
Probably better suggestions out there 

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ? Potentially yes.

(if you have any other ideas please post them below)

I feel getting rid of a legal job to make it something illegal is taking away the RP of those that want to do legal work and taking another legal job away from them makes it harder to stay legit. there can be roleplay with this by making an non government recognised business and have contracts with clients such as gangs and non gang members through this way you have more RP and there is work being put in to making these materials. 

i feel with the suggestion above taking cars and scrapping them is just taking an shortcut to getting these materials i do like the idea of using police scraped cars to get these materials but i dont think getting rid of mining these materials is the best way forwards.

if i misunderstood this post about the mining job then most of this can be disregarded but some points still stand.

over all im will -1 this for now. 

There could be 2 separate buyers, Like a general miner gives you a job to get him like 100 copper for example and you can sell him it for money, and the other could be an illegal miner, you have to get him materials intern for something used in the illegal sides of things, just something that came to my head. 👍

In my personal opinion i would say just keep both instead of removing the mine, keep the mine and the new idea that father presented. +1

Last edited by a moderator:
You could satisfy both the legal and illegal sides by still taking it out of the mine. 

for example, coal could be something to do with gathering wood and using a furnace.

metal parts could be from doing mechanic runs and dropping the cars off at the scrap yard where they are broken down and you get some of the parts. For crims with the higher risk of stealing a car you get more parts but it also sends a police alert once you are in the drivers seat and flags the ANPR cameras. 
those parts are then taken to the smeltery and melted down into iron ingots. 

there’s ways to satisfy both sides and make all materials a lot more interesting. 

Removing the mines is a bad idea in my eyes, what needs to happen is revamp the whole mining system.

Use the open quarry

Have Materials in different locations.

Should put potassium / sulphur mining into the illegal category since there is only one use for it. Maybe put it on the island, Give more of a reason to go there.

Have another material added in a chop shop activity. Such as scrap metal. That can be broken down into aluminium, plastic, "some* steel.  

Give a use for silver, gold, diamond again in a jewellery shop which then can be robbed  (illegal activity).

Out right removing the mines will just cause havoc. 

Recycling Warehouse:
Open an interior for players to go inside and recycle boxes and unwanted goods. When you clock in as a worker, you get a prompt to start work and you run around the warehouse and collect boxes, bringing them from point a to point b. Each time you do it you get a small amount of materials.

Recycling Truck:
Group up with 2-4 people and start collecting trash around Los Santos. Meet at the depot, rent a truck and drive around different locations picking up trash. Make the truck have 300 storage and make 1 trash bag weight 5 space. From each location you should get 10-15 bags so it takes roughly 4-6 runs to fill it up. Head back to the recycling depot and process the trash granting you some materials. 

Metal Detectors:
Walk around fields, abandoned sites, and beaches with the metal detector to find bits and pieces in the ground. Can range from gold, to steel, to whatever else you guys can come up with. 

Gold Panning:
Fort Zancudo bog is currently unused and people could head down there to sift through the muddy water to find small gold nuggets and other stuff that would make sense? Idk. Panning tools would be needed to start and possibility to add it as a profession with increased experience, more yield etc. 

Open Quarry:
Like suggested above, stuff like Iron, Sulphur and Diamonds would still have to be mined (perhaps there are more of them that I can't think about). The smeltery still needs to have its uses for people processing stuff so leave a few minerals behind but spread them out all across Los Santos.  

Woodcutting / Coal:
Like JB mentioned, wood could have a different use as well with the possibility of turning it into coal. Don't really know of any place that has furnaces other than the smeltery so perhaps people could bring it down to the smeltery too?

The mines are very basic with all materials being in one place and so is the crafting system for these items, if stuff was spread out across more and gave people that feeling of trying to find out how to make this and that again, I'm sure people would enjoy it a lot more. It's a new process that people would have to re-discover and exploring and learning new things is always exciting. If these materials were to ever be tweaked in the way discussed above, new crafting recipes would be more than welcome to accompany them.  

Use the furnace to burn the wood in to coal coke would make sense. Or mine the coal and smelt it as current. It ties in another process that should require very little change under the hood so to speak. Maybe add in a randomisation with the wood of how much you get so its not one favoured over the other? I personally am not a fan of rng but dont want it to be unfair on one method or other.

In my opinion as a frequent resource gatherer up at the mines I genuinely feel like there should be more to do with resources from the mines -

I think removing the mines as a whole would really shift the balance in the server, I understand the AFK / No RP side of things but here's the thing in RPUK there is not much RP to begin with and to expand on this I feel like there should be more ways to sell resources other than just gangs, Mr White's warehouse for example was one of the balancing of mining and keeping people active in the mines, gathering resources for money.

I do not agree with removing the mines however I do like the suggestion on gathering materials from scrapping cars or rummaging through warehouses, I think that is a good alternative to create more RP.

It's bad enough nowadays that whenever you use mechanic helpline they'll come and just say "1k to __" with no /me or conversation, and with taxi'ing it's basically the same with a more chance of getting robbed - legit had someone call me and say "No one is coming to get you, we don't want to get robbed"

Sorry for going off-track but yes I do feel like multiple ways of gathering resources is good but removing the mines isn't something that should happen... I mean NPC Fuel trucking was removed and nothing in proper place-hold was put in - yes there was "place-holder" player generated fuel jobs, but they don't give enough for the amount of time/fuel put into it.

Back