What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Removing items from cuffed / ziptied peoples inventory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

A92 Delta

Brief Summary:

Add ability to move stuff from peoples inventory who you've got restrained / cuffed. like police. 

Detailed Suggestion:

This system would allow you to remove stuff / move stuff to your inventory from players which you have ziptied. This is more realistic as I dont see the point of having to unrestrain people, tell them to drop stuff and then tell them to put their hands up again where you have to waste another ziptie. Realistically you should just be able to pat the person down and take what you want if you've already restrained them. I myself have had many people do dumb shit when you unrestrain them in an attempt to save their stuff, which leads to a loss of rp, loss of stuff and a lengthy report process if you want to do something about it.

The Pros:

-Realism

-Removes ways for people to NVL thus lowering reports / rulebreaks.

-Smoother.

The Cons:

-Bit of dev work because this might bypass the "jamming system" but im sure it can be implemented / the police already have a method like this so it shouldnt be too hard for the initial system.

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

No if anything it increases balance.

I don't see the point of having to unrestrain people, tell them to drop stuff and then tell them to put their hands up again where you have to waste another ziptie.
Roleplay. In my opinion this would just result in people robbing people, taking items then leaving without any RP and also would give the chance for trolls to take people's items.

Brief Summary:

Add ability to move stuff from peoples inventory who you've got restrained / cuffed. like police. 

Detailed Suggestion:

This system would allow you to remove stuff / move stuff to your inventory from players which you have ziptied. This is more realistic as I dont see the point of having to unrestrain people, tell them to drop stuff and then tell them to put their hands up again where you have to waste another ziptie. Realistically you should just be able to pat the person down and take what you want if you've already restrained them. I myself have had many people do dumb shit when you unrestrain them in an attempt to save their stuff, which leads to a loss of rp, loss of stuff and a lengthy report process if you want to do something about it.

The Pros:

-Realism

-Removes ways for people to NVL thus lowering reports / rulebreaks.

-Smoother.

The Cons:

-Bit of dev work because this might bypass the "jamming system" but im sure it can be implemented / the police already have a method like this so it shouldnt be too hard for the initial system.

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

No if anything it increases balance.
One major issue I see with this is, how are you going to ensure high quality roleplay, and it not just being a bunch of trolls?

For example, if it's a bunch of trolls going around robbing people with minimal RP, and they get a firearm, what's stopping them from RDM'ing everyone they see? 

How would people troll if the whole point of getting robbed is to have ur hands up if u have ur hand up around other people then wouldn't it be kinda your fault

Roleplay. In my opinion this would just result in people robbing people, taking items then leaving without any RP and also would give the chance for trolls to take people's items.

One major issue I see with this is, how are you going to ensure high quality roleplay, and it not just being a bunch of trolls?

For example, if it's a bunch of trolls going around robbing people with minimal RP, and they get a firearm, what's stopping them from RDM'ing everyone they see? 
The only thing that making them have to drop stuff does is provides poor quality roleplay where people just be cheeky and when you keep shouting "drop all your money" etc they drop it 1 by 1 or go slowly etc. If someone was going to troll and RDM everyone I reckon they would just buy a knife and start stabbing people as people are usually pretty cautious when they have weapons. Robbing someone and having to untie them and make them drop their stuff not only feels unrealistic but provides some of the worst roleplay. The part of taking their stuff is the part which is the bad rp, the stuff that happens after is usually the fun.

How would people troll if the whole point of getting robbed is to have ur hands up if u have ur hand up around other people then wouldn't it be kinda your fault
I dont get this?

I 100% agree, roleplay is much more important 

anyone could just take your weapon and leave within a few seconds with no roleplay what so ever, been able to look but not take is defiantly more practical 

-1, unfortunately 

I 100% agree, roleplay is much more important 

anyone could just take your weapon and leave within a few seconds with no roleplay what so ever, been able to look but not take is defiantly more practical 

-1, unfortunately 
Agreed 100% it’s -1 from me as well. I personally feel like the current set up has a certain demand for roleplay which cannot be avoided if you want something that another player has - the way it should be, it shouldn’t be possible to perform a ‘snatch and grab’ of peoples items 👍

I personally agree with 1A3, I think there would be much more Robberies where people are just patted down, have their stuff taken off them and thats the end of the RP. Similar to the way Arma was to an extent. I do understand it would be smoother but from an RP perspective I can see it lowering the standard

an advanced Million+ license should be purchasable to Remove items from people when they're ziptied. Like advanced rebel. this would negate the "overpowered" aspect of this and allow a few people to be able to. 

Run up, 'hands up or you will be stabbed' zip tied, pockets emptied and onto the next person. -1

I dont see how being robbed is any kind of fun roleplay from the victim's point of view. 

I also understand the frustration that comes from the victim when they attack, and I laugh at the perps when they then make an nvl report because they didn't get what they wanted. 

Down vote from me. I preferred not getting robbed tbh and just being able to go about my business. This is exacerbated by the nvl rule and is counterintuitive to people playing solo. This would result in roaming gangs robbing people as everyone would be outnumbered and therefore run afoul of a rule break for noncompliance. 

Tl:Dr shit idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont see how being robbed is any kind of fun roleplay from the victim's point of view. 

I also understand the frustration that comes from the victim when they attack, and I laugh at the perps when they then make an nvl report because they didn't get what they wanted. 

Down vote from me. I preferred not getting robbed tbh and just being able to go about my business. This is exacerbated by the nvl rule and is counterintuitive to people playing solo. This would result in roaming gangs robbing people as everyone would be outnumbered and therefore run afoul of a rule break for noncompliance. 

Tl:Dr shit idea.
obviously everyone would prefer not to get robbed? But it would be stupid having a no risk of loosing items, and from what I get from your response is that you're the type of person that gets titled when RP / situations dont go your way so It would further cater to trolls knowing they have no risk of getting robbed running around with guns acting the big men. 

I also dont get how its laughable when you NVL and ruin it for the perp lol?

Run up, 'hands up or you will be stabbed' zip tied, pockets emptied and onto the next person. -1
Is this not the same thing that happens atm just with a "drop all your stuff" stuck somewhere in the middle?

Agreed 100% it’s -1 from me as well. I personally feel like the current set up has a certain demand for roleplay which cannot be avoided if you want something that another player has - the way it should be, it shouldn’t be possible to perform a ‘snatch and grab’ of peoples items 👍
I feel like the only "demanded" roleplay which cant be avoided is the "drop (item) or you're getting stabbed" and the ability for the person to NVL which happens A LOT.

I personally agree with 1A3, I think there would be much more Robberies where people are just patted down, have their stuff taken off them and thats the end of the RP. Similar to the way Arma was to an extent. I do understand it would be smoother but from an RP perspective I can see it lowering the standard
I have 4000 hours on Arma and I do agree that the roleplay on there was shit, especially with robberies, but I feel thats because Arma was a heavily gun / combat incentivised community. The standard of roleplay on here is overall better and I feel the "drop all your stuff" method is tacky. I dont often rob people unless they've done some dumb shit, and if they've done some dumb shit, they're likely to do some dumb shit again when I unrestrain them to try take their stuff. I respect your opinion though.

like i've said, I personally don't think having them drop their stuff adds any quality roleplay, it has a reverse effect for me.

Nah huge -1 from me. While some servers allow this feature, it is easily abused and robberies would be through the roof and roleplay quality will just drop. Even as a corrupt G6 I dont take items off people and would rather offer people the chance to roleplay dropping items and give them a chance to react to me being inside a box and them escaping. 

Adding the search option already caused a bunch of minimal RP robberies, searching would make this even worse.

Is this not the same thing that happens atm just with a "drop all your stuff" stuck somewhere in the middle?
At least here there is a requirement for some sort of extended interaction. It also give just a tiny bit more time for friends or emergency services to respond to a robbery which then gives the robbers the option of risking taking the time there or taking the person they're robbing somewhere else which then allows for more roleplay to take place on the journey or once they get to where they're going.

At least here there is a requirement for some sort of extended interaction. It also give just a tiny bit more time for friends or emergency services to respond to a robbery which then gives the robbers the option of risking taking the time there or taking the person they're robbing somewhere else which then allows for more roleplay to take place on the journey or once they get to where they're going.
maybe "rob" and "search" could be seperate on the Caps menu, And when rob is pressed it takes a significant amount of time. Or we could have certain areas on the map where the "rob" option appears. and when "rob" is pressed, police get a dispatch about it

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe "rob" and "search" could be seperate on the Caps menu, And when rob is pressed it takes a significant amount of time. Or we could have certain areas on the map where the "rob" option appears. and when "rob" is pressed, police get a dispatch about it
I like the timer for robbing but I dont agree with the police dispatch, maybe in areas there is "Cctv" that alerts police if you rob there, would be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back