What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Removing items from cuffed / ziptied peoples inventory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
obviously everyone would prefer not to get robbed? But it would be stupid having a no risk of loosing items, and from what I get from your response is that you're the type of person that gets titled when RP / situations dont go your way so It would further cater to trolls knowing they have no risk of getting robbed running around with guns acting the big men. 

I also dont get how its laughable when you NVL and ruin it for the perp lol?

Is this not the same thing that happens atm just with a "drop all your stuff" stuck somewhere in the middle?

I feel like the only "demanded" roleplay which cant be avoided is the "drop (item) or you're getting stabbed" and the ability for the person to NVL which happens A LOT.

I have 4000 hours on Arma and I do agree that the roleplay on there was shit, especially with robberies, but I feel thats because Arma was a heavily gun / combat incentivised community. The standard of roleplay on here is overall better and I feel the "drop all your stuff" method is tacky. I dont often rob people unless they've done some dumb shit, and if they've done some dumb shit, they're likely to do some dumb shit again when I unrestrain them to try take their stuff. I respect your opinion though.

like i've said, I personally don't think having them drop their stuff adds any quality roleplay, it has a reverse effect for me.
Can't clip the quote easily to respond directly. For clarity though I'd actually really like to see the option to rob locals in a pve type way. But that's a discussion for a different thread. 

Not sure about what you meant by titled either and please don't make assumptions because I said your idea was shit. I disagree with the idea, not the person. 

Can't clip the quote easily to respond directly. For clarity though I'd actually really like to see the option to rob locals in a pve type way. But that's a discussion for a different thread. 

Not sure about what you meant by titled either and please don't make assumptions because I said your idea was shit. I disagree with the idea, not the person. 
I disagree with the person who laughs at people that have to make reports cus someone decided to NVL. 

I disagree with the person who laughs at people that have to make reports cus someone decided to NVL. 
22 people down voted your idea but you still stoke that fire? The comment about nvl was when the would be robber gets smoked and cries nvl on the forum. Yes that's funny to me. It's a weak attempt to get back at someone when they got their ass kicked. 

Now dry your eyes, I think we're done.

Run up, 'hands up or you will be stabbed' zip tied, pockets emptied and onto the next person. -1
Doesn't this happen anyway? only difference is most time it takes about 2 minutes or so because you look in their pockets, ask them to drop (insert item name) and they take the piss hoping someone will see them? at least in this case it's actually true to realism and you're not hanging about in the middle of the street for 5 minutes because someone's being a prick and dropping 1 - 5 bags of coke at a time and don't care about dying because at least if they die the thief doesn't get their items

I feel this could be useful- saying that I also feel it would lead to poor RP, although it really shouldn’t due to being a serious RP server. It’s a sad day when something realistic can’t be added due to poor effort in roleplay. 

22 people down voted your idea but you still stoke that fire? The comment about nvl was when the would be robber gets smoked and cries nvl on the forum. Yes that's funny to me. It's a weak attempt to get back at someone when they got their ass kicked. 

Now dry your eyes, I think we're done.
This comment doesn't seem to make much sense, you think it's funny when someone breaks the rules and gets reported? are you saying someone breaking the rules shouldn't get reported and should continue playing the server and NVL in robberies? Because by your response of "when the would be robber gets smoked and cries nvl on the forum" implies that anyone who reports another player Not Valuing Life is crying or in other terms a "bitch" and should instead take the rule break on the chin and continue playing, Now I'm sure that if you tried robbing someone for let's say a sawn off shotgun and instead they pull it out, roll backwards, shoot you in the face, take you to the dodgy doctor and try rob you, you wouldn't be so happy about it would you?

I feel this could be useful- saying that I also feel it would lead to poor RP, although it really shouldn’t due to being a serious RP server. It’s a sad day when something realistic can’t be added due to poor effort in roleplay. 
Personally I don't see how it would be Poor RP, the whole point of mugging someone is to pretty much, hold them at knife / gunpoint, get everything off them as quickly as possible and get tf out the area, not stand there for 5 minutes, robberies rn are so unrealistic due to that, even well known names in the city stand there like bozos when you're continually telling them to drop (insert item)

@JamesBriscoe I would hate to lose something of value to some tube with zero roleplay when iv grafted for days to get it, for example if I lost a glock but was involved in a well played roleplay scenario I wouldn’t mind it because iv enjoyed myself,

snatch and grab isn’t enjoyable for anyone and is from my point of view poor roleplay.

This takes me back to my original point it’s not the method of taking things from people it’s more so the situations it will be used in I don’t like. 

This comment doesn't seem to make much sense, you think it's funny when someone breaks the rules and gets reported? are you saying someone breaking the rules shouldn't get reported and should continue playing the server and NVL in robberies? Because by your response of "when the would be robber gets smoked and cries nvl on the forum" implies that anyone who reports another player Not Valuing Life is crying or in other terms a "bitch" and should instead take the rule break on the chin and continue playing
Is it? Do I need to get crayons out and draw a diagram. 

The point of the post was that the would be robber is using the NVL rule on purpose because they got salty and didn't get what they want. Yes that's hilarious. Plenty of reports have been declined for exactly this when no rule break occurred. Yes I think that's highly entertaining. 

Does this clarify the point? This is derailing an otherwise quality discussion thread. But please continue to extrapolate on what I've already said and twist it to make the argument in you two's favour. 

The point of the post was that the would be robber is using the NVL rule on purpose because they got salty and didn't get what they want. Yes that's hilarious. Plenty of reports have been declined for exactly this when no rule break occurred. Yes I think that's highly entertaining. 

Does this clarify the point? This is derailing an otherwise quality discussion thread. But please continue to extrapolate on what I've already said and twist it to make the argument in you two's favour. 
how can one seem so educated but so... yeah, at the same time. If I post an idea, regardless of how many downvotes, I'm going to say my opinion? I knew these arguments would be brought up prior to posting this thread. I knew there would be die hard roleplayers who would rather walk around in Passive Mode keeping their items with no risk. However I personally believe that it would make a better change to the server, its a subjective view, all I can do is try to persuade others, no need to be cheeky.

would be robber is using the NVL rule on purpose 
ofcs? when a person is robbing someone, they want to make them afraid, they want them to fear their life, as you would if someone was holding a gun to your head irl. If a person doesn't value their life it takes away from the fun realistic feeling and make it feel like a cod shooter where they dont care if they die cus they will just respawn.

@JamesBriscoe I would hate to lose something of value to some tube with zero roleplay when iv grafted for days to get it, for example if I lost a glock but was involved in a well played roleplay scenario I wouldn’t mind it because iv enjoyed myself,

snatch and grab isn’t enjoyable for anyone and is from my point of view poor roleplay.

This takes me back to my original point it’s not the method of taking things from people it’s more so the situations it will be used in I don’t like. 
So would I mate, but I believe that methods to stop "low rp robberies" could be put in place, I've seen something similar done in Arma3 communities, now it didn't help that Arma was very shooty shooty instead of talky talky but people would literally say the words "hands up or die" and then either rob you or shoot you, until they put a system in place where you have to give some type of quality initiation. I think a similar method could be introduced here, If a person snatch and grabs you for the sole purpose of robbery without any prior or quality roleplay, it is a punishable offence.

some type of quality initiation. I think a similar method could be introduced here
This is something that will massively negatively affect the community. As a Arma player this was so restrictive and is straight up rule playing it literally results in reading a script to people before any sort of action can be taken. We do not want to bring this over and I would rather see low quality RP robberies continue then having no RP as someone informs you that they have 'friends and allies in the area' before anyone can do anything.

This is something that will massively negatively affect the community. As a Arma player this was so restrictive and is straight up rule playing it literally results in reading a script to people before any sort of action can be taken. We do not want to bring this over and I would rather see low quality RP robberies continue then having no RP as someone informs you that they have 'friends and allies in the area' before anyone can do anything.
Hence why I said Arma was shooty shooty and something similar could be added. Im not saying add the whole "please place your hands up or I will be forced to take lethal action" bullshit, im saying some quality rp would have to be given, and if the involved parties dont feel like any quality rp was given, then they can discuss matter ooc or take it to staff discretion 

How can you use the NVL rule "on purpose" if it's genuine NVL? people just love using gta mechanics to their advantage, If I have a knife to you telling you to put your hands up and you just pull a gun out, roll backwards and shoot that is you Not Valuing Life no? and that is what happens in almost every case, every time someone hasn't valued their life, pulled a gun out and shot has came with the same excuse of "I aM hIgHlY tRaiNeD wItH fIrEaRmS sO i KneW iD kIlL hIm" aka abusing gta mechanics. I think you need to have a read over what NVL is lol

How can you use the NVL rule "on purpose" if it's genuine NVL? people just love using gta mechanics to their advantage, If I have a knife to you telling you to put your hands up and you just pull a gun out, roll backwards and shoot that is you Not Valuing Life no? and that is what happens in almost every case, every time someone hasn't valued their life, pulled a gun out and shot has came with the same excuse of "I aM hIgHlY tRaiNeD wItH fIrEaRmS sO i KneW iD kIlL hIm" aka abusing gta mechanics. I think you need to have a read over what NVL is lol
I don’t agree with this suggestion, however what you have said there isn’t correct either - the NVL rules are about being outnumbered or at a clear disadvantage. If there is only one knife and you are armed, they look away even for a second then fair enough if you manage to shoot them - I personally would say they’ve valued their life and used that opportunity to save their life. One knife held by someone not paying absolute 100% attention v you with a gun is not a clear disadvantage. 

The majority of people are already struggling to show any good form of RP to the NHS, how would they provide this to people they're robbing? -1 until the RP goes back up

Not a fan of this i'm afraid, i just don't think half the people on the server could be trusted given some of the RP quality ive witnessed over the last few weeks

I don’t agree with this suggestion, however what you have said there isn’t correct either - the NVL rules are about being outnumbered or at a clear disadvantage. If there is only one knife and you are armed, they look away even for a second then fair enough if you manage to shoot them - I personally would say they’ve valued their life and used that opportunity to save their life. One knife held by someone not paying absolute 100% attention v you with a gun is not a clear disadvantage. 
but that's still abusing mechanics no? 99% of the time they will drop 1 item and the second they see the robber not locking onto them to check the item thats when they pull out their gun and even most time the robber says "drop (insert item)" and they said "yeah yeah hold on" and still pull out a gun anyway even if you're looking at them and are locked onto them because they know with the gta mechanics if you roll they will miss you with the stab

but that's still abusing mechanics no? 99% of the time they will drop 1 item and the second they see the robber not locking onto them to check the item thats when they pull out their gun and even most time the robber says "drop (insert item)" and they said "yeah yeah hold on" and still pull out a gun anyway even if you're looking at them and are locked onto them because they know with the gta mechanics if you roll they will miss you with the stab
While I do understand what you are saying - effectively the person is still letting their guard down. If you say to someone “drop all your weapons” while at knifepoint and instead they rolled away then yes, in my opinion, it hits on NVL. However, if you tell them to put their hands up and start searching or whatever (a distraction) then I suppose you get what’s come to you. Gotta play smart I suppose, be careful if you are robbing someone with a gun 🙂 

While I do understand what you are saying - effectively the person is still letting their guard down. If you say to someone “drop all your weapons” while at knifepoint and instead they rolled away then yes, in my opinion, it hits on NVL. However, if you tell them to put their hands up and start searching or whatever (a distraction) then I suppose you get what’s come to you. Gotta play smart I suppose, be careful if you are robbing someone with a gun 🙂 
see i understand that but it doesn't really fall in the terms of realism considering they pride themselves on being a top UK rp server ya know

see i understand that but it doesn't really fall in the terms of realism considering they pride themselves on being a top UK rp server ya know
The goal isn't to be as realistic as possible, it's to create a good RP environment.

It’s just my interpretation of the rules though, I might be wrong. At the end of the day, it’s all about having some fun RP more than anything. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back