What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Resolution

This is a horrible idea. The amount of incidents that are miss-communications etc are numerous and don't need reports up of. I feel this system will be abused to heck by people/groups who simply don't like each other. As an adult community, if you don't have the courtesy to try and sort things out before having to resort to a report, then you're not acting like an adult and imo shouldn't be here. Keep it like it is, please, for our health's sake.

Remove the necessity to resolve things on TS. If you still wish to resolve things on TS then thats fine. If not then put your report up. You then get the normal 24 hours to respond/resolve things in the report.
I dont think this is good for the comunity, everyone makes a mistake sometimes and this way ban alot of people get banned for accidentally making a mistake or from miscommunication. But i dont think people who just throw money so they can break rules is good either. I think they need to make it so that you can make complaints against people so that after you resolved the staff knows what hes done and if they do that alot they can choose to ban him anyways. this way people can just resolve things as normal but, people cant go around throwing money for comp to break rules anymore.

I like the way it is now, for my self i dont like reporting people. Yes it is annoying when people RDM or VDM me, but i like to talk it out on TS and yes people can get very toxic, but still i would rather talk to someone who gets a bit toxic and then get him to calm down, and then talk to him and what he could improve next time this happens ingame, and then you dont have to put a report up if that is what you decides.

1. Have a resolution stage before a report goes up. This is another sub forum of member support where players can resolve situations with each other. It would be another heavily moderated section like report a player/dispute a ban section. Staff members can help guide the conversation to a resolution and if no resolution is found then it moves on to the report stage. The idea behind this is that when you break a rule in someones eyes its documented somewhere and then have full visibility, as a community, of any past transgressions whether it has been resolved or not. 

Everyone breaks rules, just some break bigger rules than others and more often than others. Sometimes I am given RP from certain factions which is not to the standard expected, and although it wouldn't be enough to get them banned I'm sure if it were publicised it would be quite embarrassing for them, and I'm sure this happens for every player on the island - people make mistakes! It's with issues like these that I sometimes decide to ask them for a chat on teamspeak, where we can both agree agree that a certain party needs to improve in some form - with no threat of being reported for denying that I feel like this may have slightly toxic effects on the community with everyone reporting everyone for even the slightest of things.

I.e. Let's imagine I were to be driving normally in a vehicle, and a hatchback sport came speeding on the wrong side of the road, colliding into me and killing me. In situations like this where there is a clear cause of the accident, that person usually compensates the victim as that's just the way this community works. I feel that although this 'no resolve needed' wouldn't directly impact that, but actions like that would be less common.

This is a horrible idea. The amount of incidents that are miss-communications etc are numerous and don't need reports up of. I feel this system will be abused to heck by people/groups who simply don't like each other. As an adult community, if you don't have the courtesy to try and sort things out before having to resort to a report, then you're not acting like an adult and imo shouldn't be here. Keep it like it is, please, for our health's sake.
There have also been a few players recently banned who perhaps should have been banned months ago. If you can act like an adult on TS you can act like an adult in a thread and resolve it there.

I dont think this is good for the comunity, everyone makes a mistake sometimes and this way ban alot of people get banned for accidentally making a mistake or from miscommunication. But i dont think people who just throw money so they can break rules is good either. I think they need to make it so that you can make complaints against people so that after you resolved the staff knows what hes done and if they do that alot they can choose to ban him anyways. this way people can just resolve things as normal but, people cant go around throwing money for comp to break rules anymore.
I agree people do make mistakes. This is for the people that do not learn from them. If the same people are making the same mistakes then this should weed them out. The staff will be briefed on letting players resolve things unless its something we normally perm ban for.

Ok I have updated our report a player guide here to say the following now:

If the player is on Teamspeak and you can reach them there first then please make every effort to do so before starting your report to resolve the issue like adults. (This is not mandatory but is encouraged)

Please feel free to use this thread for any further feedback.

I personally think this system is fine; having a staff perhaps moderating the teamspeak room is more ideal, but to be honest; I don't want every accusation made against me to be made public, and I am sure a lot of other people can agree.

If you resolve something with another play that should be kept private; this is an adult community so let us act like them. 

I personally think this system is fine; having a staff perhaps moderating the teamspeak room is more ideal, but to be honest; I don't want every accusation made against me to be made public, and I am sure a lot of other people can agree.

If you resolve something with another play that should be kept private; this is an adult community so let us act like them. 
This has already been changed I am afraid. Resolution is not required now. 

thought so myself thanks for clarifying it.

Back