What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Revert gun/mechanics and finetune Radios/phones

Tujm Makmud

The most recent updates to RPUK, as of August 28th 2022, have changed many things about how the server works. For example, there is no headshot mulitpliers and you can fall over when shot, this leads to stupid stuff like this https://streamable.com/pujpwy happening where you know the person should be dead but you have to waste even more bullets, wasting more time that you spent grinding recources, ultimately reducing the ammount of time youre actually roleplaying and even then its unrealistic to live after being shot in the head anyway making it quite an unnecisary change that doesnt really change the balance of the server in a positive way. This also changes how skill matters in the server, meaning even if you have a good shot numbers will almost always win. This is also made worse by how you can get shot and fall over now, straying away from people in the server want and making the meta to stay in vehichles and uzi spray someone so that they fall over and cant fight for themselves. I also understand that this was done to add more realism and RP into the server, but by doing this the server ends up unbalanced, if this is to be a long term feature, there needs to be something that counters this, such as oxy or other forms of pain killer drugs.

In short words: guns were fine the way they were and nobody was complaining so why change it?

while im still on the subject of guns, its come to my realisation that its gotten to be extremely difficult to aqcuire firearms on the server with the whole mag system, i think that having one person being able to sell mags and you are forced into building relations even if you dont want to. Me and im pretty sure many others would like to see change to this and allow us to make weapons ourselves like the good ol' days which would allow for more fun in general for the server.

dont really have anything more to say tbh, i just know people dont like it 🙂

Now onto the Radios and phones...

Crim radio has a distance now, which is an alright idea when you look at other servers but it doesnt really work for RPUK, Radio has always been this way so why is it changing now? and even if its long term please tune it so it goes staticcy atleast and increase the range of them, and make it so its balanced and change the police radio to do the same 🙂

phone signals arent an amazing idea either, we live in a world where everywhere has 5G Data everything was fine until now so why is this a thing? We gonna get an RP News video to go with it like the whole petrol situation?

PS: im all up for change, but its positive change and implementing things that the people want 🙂

feel free to debate in the replies section 😉 

Much love- Tujm Makmud

At least try and give us some constructive criticism.

making the meta to stay in vehicles
It wasn't included on the changelog however the police dispatches for shooting now include vehicle details (which is chance based for each "detail", the specifics being a very low chance however) which was done to discourage this.

This also changes how skill matters in the server, meaning even if you have a good shot numbers will almost always win
This isn't a fragging server, it's a roleplay server plus in GTA most people can aim and shoot a weapon without any skill needed since there isn't any recoil or anything which requires skill. However, I believe there is still some changes pending regarding weapons.

its come to my realisation that its gotten to be extremely difficult to acquire firearms on the server
It's a server based on the UK which has strict weapon laws so that makes a fair amount of sense does it not?

Crim radio has a distance now, which is an alright idea when you look at other servers but it doesn't really work for RPUK, Radio has always been this way so why is it changing now?
Why does it not work for RPUK? What is wrong with the change?

if its long term please tune it so it goes staticcy at least and increase the range of them
The range was increased at 8pm and it's not possible for us to make them be staticy else I would've done it initially.

make it so its balanced and change the police radio to do the same
Realistically police radios would be relayed over large distances (plus all restricted frequencies are long distance not just the police ones).

phone signals aren't an amazing idea either, we live in a world where everywhere has 5G Data everything was fine until now so why is this a thing?
Once again, why not? In my opinion phone signal is a great idea which is why I spent my time reworking the system for it. Also your point of "everywhere has 5G Data" is just incorrect, there are many places such as rural areas which have very low or even no signal IRL.

All I can see from this "suggestion" is you complaining about the fact that things have changed, suggestions like this usually get ignored and don't result in change, if you want stuff to change then give us suggestions on how you think specific things could be changed rather than just going "revert everything" as that isn't constructive at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
for now ill sit back and let it happen G star, just speaking of the things ive heard and aggree with much love. Ilove a bunch of stuff the staff do but sometimes it makes the server less enjoyable, if you want to ignore this idm lol but some others may mind 🙂 much love ur fav tujm

It wasn't included on the changelog however the police dispatches for shooting now include vehicle details (which is chance based for each "detail", the specifics being a very low chance however) which was done to discourage this.
Firstly, thanks for the big update there has been some nice QoL features, apart from a few which maybe people need to get used to or something alternative be introduced (mainly around the radio, still think it needs some work) but this above one baffles me, might as well put and update in to automatically scrap a car that's been shot out of. I understand that you want to discourage it but I think this is too much tbh, police already have access to enough details they really don't need this imo.

Due to you asking for some constructive criticism and suggestions for improvement I thought I could share my opinion that I know other people within the community agree with.

Although I understand the thought behind this and how it on paper may seem like a good idea I know that me and a lot of people more find it as a way of making the life of a police easier whilst the crim life on the server yet again takes a blow and have to yet again "adapt" to having more ways of getting caught and risk loosing another asset they have spent a lot time getting, as just the aspect of gaining money is right now nothing but a grind and in many aspects boring due to how repetetive it becomes.

I feel like the changes and attempts to lower the "rocket league" meta is looked upon in the wrong way and from the wrong perspective, it instead needs to be looked at through the eyes of a crim as they are the ones that most of times end up in such situations, maybe ask the question of "what would make it more appealing and enqourage me to step out of my car and fight on foot?". I know me and many others liked the idea that has been suggested of making first person in cars when you shoot, imo it's an idea that does not punish the crims that choose to fight in a car as the car itself is not at any greater "risk", but it simply affects the shooting out of it; making it more "fair" on both sides of the law. As well as making it so more people would see the use of fighting on foot as this would then allow for third person combat, which I think we all can agree on is a big advantage due to the ammount of vision you get around you and the control of movement it grants.

This isn't a fragging server, it's a roleplay server plus in GTA most people can aim and shoot a weapon without any skill needed since there isn't any recoil or anything which requires skill. However, I believe there is still some changes pending regarding weapons.
I agree it is not, and I don't think that is what Tuj tried to hint at either with his reply. It's more of the fact that the immerson also takes a hit when these changes hit, now don't get me wrong I myself love part of it, the fact that you can knock someone over with your fists or "melee combat" is in my opinion a great addition and brings a lot of new opportunites of how we can go about creating new scenarios during roleplay, same with how you can shoot someone in the leg and make them fall over, making it not only a "oh he's running away, shoot him to stop him" but actaully encourage further roleplay with the person before putting an "end" to them if the scenario goes that far.

But it also comes to a point where shooting someone with a high enough calibre/strong enough weapon needs to actually reward the user itself, not only in a combat perspective but also in the perspective of roleplay itself. Both you and I know that the crim life in RPUK is one of the major parts and taking enemy gang members hostage or bringing them to "take revenge" over someone within your group getting shot or killed is an important part of it even though it is not the major one, and to then maybe not even being able to carry an execution correctly due to the ammount of bullets said person could or could not tank would just end in taking away part of the immersion as you more and more sit and realize you are playing a game.

I think that in some parts a good player as well must be rewarded, something so little as a x2 headshot multiplier would go a long way as it means that someone investing in bigger guns would be able to also deal bigger damage to vital body parts which yet again only enhances the realism and immersion. Now as you said yourself it is not a fragging server and I don't think that a minor reward such as this would damage that either, we don't carry around redzones, we don't run about with guns in our hands flashing them and waiting for an opportunity to shoot, but sooner or later PVP happens, and that aspect also needs to be done correctly with the right immersion.

I also know for a fact that other servers carry recoil and this is something that could be added to even further enhance the combat aspect and make it more fitting into the realism that I know you are aiming for, this would also hurt those that only come around to "frag" as it would simply "make their life harder".

Once again, why not? In my opinion phone signal is a great idea which is why I spent my time reworking the system for it. Also your point of "everywhere has 5G Data" is just incorrect, there are many places such as rural areas which have very low or even no signal IRL.
I am a little two sided when it comes to this change as I like aspects of it but feel like it's lacking in certain parts. The fact that we have a phone signal to think about could imo impact the decision making in situations both to the better and to the worse as where you decide to place yourself could have a bigger impact on the outcome of your situation. But I also feel there should be some way to "bypass" the signal issue, something such as a satelite phone could combat this in a good way. Give everyone something they could add into their inventory if they really need to extend the range, and maybe make so that you actually have to put the number in of the contact you try to reach out to. This would make it so the texting part would still be excluded if your are out of signal, but makes you able to reach out with a phone call if you carry the asset needed in order to do so.

Why does it not work for RPUK? What is wrong with the change?
Yet again, I don't feel the idea behind the change is bad; but it needs something else on the side. Right now there is nothing you as a crim character can do to battle this issue, nothing you can do in order to extend the range of your frequency in order to reach out to your members, if we were to add either a seperate radio that can be only crafted, or make it so we could rob police of their "special radio" to further the range it would add not only more opportunities for RP situations but also something else to keep "behind the radar" as it would most likely be illegal to use said item.

All in all, I don't feel like it needs to be reverted back to how it used to be as many aspects of this update is good for RP and brings immersion to the server. There just needs to be more things on the side that makes it so crim also can battle this issue and somehow "overcome" it in a legal/illegal (to be decided) way, as right now many people including myself see parts of the update as nothing more than a nerf to those that want to main a crim character. 

Last edited by a moderator:
The most recent updates to RPUK, as of August 28th 2022, have changed many things about how the server works. For example, there is no headshot mulitpliers and you can fall over when shot, this leads to stupid stuff like this https://streamable.com/pujpwy happening where you know the person should be dead but you have to waste even more bullets, wasting more time that you spent grinding recources, ultimately reducing the ammount of time youre actually roleplaying and even then its unrealistic to live after being shot in the head anyway making it quite an unnecisary change that doesnt really change the balance of the server in a positive way. This also changes how skill matters in the server, meaning even if you have a good shot numbers will almost always win. This is also made worse by how you can get shot and fall over now, straying away from people in the server want and making the meta to stay in vehichles and uzi spray someone so that they fall over and cant fight for themselves. I also understand that this was done to add more realism and RP into the server, but by doing this the server ends up unbalanced, if this is to be a long term feature, there needs to be something that counters this, such as oxy or other forms of pain killer drugs.

In short words: guns were fine the way they were and nobody was complaining so why change it?

while im still on the subject of guns, its come to my realisation that its gotten to be extremely difficult to aqcuire firearms on the server with the whole mag system, i think that having one person being able to sell mags and you are forced into building relations even if you dont want to. Me and im pretty sure many others would like to see change to this and allow us to make weapons ourselves like the good ol' days which would allow for more fun in general for the server.

dont really have anything more to say tbh, i just know people dont like it 🙂

Now onto the Radios and phones...

Crim radio has a distance now, which is an alright idea when you look at other servers but it doesnt really work for RPUK, Radio has always been this way so why is it changing now? and even if its long term please tune it so it goes staticcy atleast and increase the range of them, and make it so its balanced and change the police radio to do the same 🙂

phone signals arent an amazing idea either, we live in a world where everywhere has 5G Data everything was fine until now so why is this a thing? We gonna get an RP News video to go with it like the whole petrol situation?

PS: im all up for change, but its positive change and implementing things that the people want 🙂

feel free to debate in the replies section 😉 

Much love- Tujm Makmud
Not tried the guns yet so cannot comment.

+1 on the Radio issues, it does seem to make life difficult.  Especially as the Police/Rangers have had this restricted.  Kind of makes the radio pointless for everyone else now.  Surely in 2022 a radio can relay over a state.

I agree with the phone signal limitations. as irl I agree that Cayo etc and areas of Blaine should have a mobile phone blackspot.

With regards to the acquisition of guns, it is not a US server it is the UK so guns should be difficult to acquire and limited to a black market run by whoever.

Tommo said:
Not tried the guns yet so cannot comment.

+1 on the Radio issues, it does seem to make life difficult.  Especially as the Police/Rangers have had this unrestricted.  Kind of makes the radio pointless for everyone else now.  Surely in 2022 a radio can relay over a state.

I agree with the phone signal limitations. as irl I agree that Cayo etc and areas of Blaine should have a mobile phone blackspot.

With regards to the acquisition of guns, it is not a US server it is the UK so guns should be difficult to acquire and limited to a black market run by whoever.

I'm so confused, we literally made guns better this update

Pistol Damage Increased @Paint

200.gif

For sure it's too many headshots on the guy in the initial clip. Great updates otherwise. 

Back