What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Revert the repair system back to what it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riccardo

I know that the New repair system only came out yesterday, but when getting a mechanic to repair your vehicle, I have noticed a few issues such as:

-Even if the body looks smashed and the windows broken, the AI will say that the vehicle does not need a body repair even if it is visually smashed up. (I tried to park and then take out my vehicle from a garage and it only made the visual damage worse).

-Sometimes the Repair kits don't work for the mechanics.

I really appreciate the time and effort that the Dev's have put into this new repair system and I think its not a bad idea however its a little bit bugged and can cause issues for a lot of people. 

The next point I would like to bring up is the availability of the repair kits since only mechanics can repair your vehicle. Lets say you are out on a fishing trip up north and you smash into a pole or bollard, you can only repair so much of the vehicle with the standard repair kit and I doubt there will be any mechanics to fully repair your vehicle.

If reverting it back to the old repair kit system is a small chance of happening, then maybe make it so that any civilian can carry all the new repair kits. Would make our life's so much easier and less of a hassle of having to wait for mechanics to come and repair our vehicles.

That's all from me, if anyone has anything else to say please comment down below 🙂

Thank you to all the Dev's for their efforts in updating the server!

This has been a change thats been needed for a long time. 

Great legal RP for mechanics and the only reason you wouldnt like this is because your driving like a bellend in a supercar up north 

Increases rp potential and makes people think about what there doing. The devs will iron our the bugs no doubt and it will work great. 

-1 for me

I think the system once ironed out will be great. same can't be said for the locals that just teleport out of thin air and absolutely destroy your vehicles though.

If you are up north start driving more carefully. The change is not bad, it just has a few annoying bugs that hopefully should be fixed soon. As someone said last night, is not all about efficiency per hour, even if the grind makes this game fell like you need the most efficient path you don't. Just do what you like, slower and enjoy the journey you character takes. 

-1 from me.

With this change, I think the vehicle durability has to be increased substantially so you aren’t constantly going to auto exotic or tirenutz as you need a repair (i believe there is already a suggested for this). However, this is a change which increases the opportunities for RP, therefore, I won’t be giving this a -1, nor, will I be giving this a +1 as I don’t believe that the new repair system has been implemented correctly.

iv'e sent this as a suggestion to someone, maybe someone has a better idea, then post it, to the whole thing:

First option: (The one I think would be better)

1. Regular repair kits keep can fix engine completely fine (100%) and make them more expensive (thousands per repair k it/remove previous repair kits from the system)

2. Body kit repair kits are body + tires (no need for tire kits)

(as currently it will be cheaper to go repair at a Customs than in a mechanic shop)

Second option: 1. Regular repair kits keep doing 70%

2. New engine repair kits fix the engine that fix the 100%

3. Body kit still repairs the whole car and get rid of the tire kits.

but overall I do agree it has made it more a of a headache and a chore than a game at this point.

it's not necessarily a bad idea overall, but the way it is now - I personally don't like it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have to agree with @LiKs mostly for option 1 i believe the addition of new repair kits and a new system is a welcome one but i do believe that it was "overdone" and i am not being bias here by saying this since i also work in one of these mechanic shops.

In my opinion i would say just add the tire kit into the bodykit and for you to repair the body/tire you have to go to tirenutz but you can still repair the engine with the normal repair kit.

Reason for this would be that there won't be enough mechanics in the city to deal with this amount of broken cars or enough people using flatbeds to get these broken vehicles let alone someone driving all the way to either sandy or paleto just to get someone's broken car.

As for the don't drive like a crackhead argument it easy to say but at the same time its not just the fact of driving like a F1 driver but also the fact that the Locals/NPC also play a role in this and end up breaking other people's cars.

To add to this maybe tirenutz and AE could get the Normal repair kits cheaper than other shops ex: AE/TN can order repair kits for 300 while other shops order than for 500 or something like this.

Haven't been on since the update but I think this features gives mechanics a new legal job and maybe the aids rocket league wars with stop due to this. 

I will edit my reply and upvote/down vote when I get on.

A lot of the replies to this also looks like bugs, which will eventually get ironed out and won't be a huge issue in the coming weeks.

The system came out less than 24hrs from this post. The dev team that we have will be able to fix and clean the system so that it works the way it was intended, I am sure.

I would say that this new mechanics' system offers several huge benefits to the server:

1. It will help to make people drive in a more realistic manor as it is not as easy or as cheap to repair your vehicle.
  2. Because you need to go to Auto Exotic or Tire Nuts to get a full repair people will be less inclined to use their vehicles in a gunfight or war push as they can't just go and repair the vehicle around the corner. Mainly thinking about the vehicles tires in this point as you would often need to get a tire repair for the vehicle to be useful again.
  3. It promotes more RP through places that have already provided a great source of RP up to this point.
  4. Gives people's characters another legal job path they can pursue if that's what they like.
  5. With Auto Exotic and Tire Nuts now having a more critical role on the server, it may spark inspiration for people to start up other mechanics shops around the city/island.

Each change that is added to the server has been through a lot of testing and challenges before being brought into what we get to see. Changes like this one are intended to increase RP and RP standards as it changes an element of gameplay that previously didn't require much RP at all.

It was always interesting to see peoples characters bring out spare doors, tires and the correct paint to clean scratches and dents from a single repair kit, with little to no knowledge on vehicle repairs.

I am very surprised to see a suggestion to completely revert a new system all together, so soon after the release of said system. It seems that most of the things you have listed here could be considered bugs and are most likely fixable. I would recommend you make bug reports detailing what you have mentioned in this post.

I am sure that people may have already posted some bug reports relating to the new system already.

I am also very sure that the devs are aware of a lot of the bugs that have been occurring since the system was implemented to the server last night and have already started to work on fixing them.

You are also saying that there is a problem with the fact there are no other repair shops like Auto Exotic and Tire Nuts north of the island, I would argue that this could be looked at as an opportunity rather than a problem.

Why not start your very own mechanics shop near the areas where you see a valuable gap in the market, create and run a social hub like the others have already done. I am sure that the people running Auto Exotic and Tire Nuts might feel a little over run at the moment so it might benefit them to possibly start helping to supply an up and coming mechanic that has the skills required to run a mechanics shop somewhere else on the island. Try and speak to them and ask them how much it might cost to start purchasing a portion of their tool kits each week or so, to help you start your new mechanic shop. I was thinking of doing this myself but I am sure there could be many new mechanics shops around the island and I am sure that the people with access to the required equipment would be happy to help you if you give them a good reason and a good offer.

With changes as dynamic as this one, I would recommend giving people time to adjust to the new system and give time for the bugs to be squashed. I can see this change making a good impact to the roleplay in the server but at the moment it's different to what we are used to, so give it time, see how you feel a week or two from now.

I am also very interested to hear about what the people from Auto Exotic and Tire Nuts think about this change, it clearly benefits them and I think they have definitely earned it after giving people a place to chill out and roleplay for a little while now.

People that are new to the server might find it difficult to meet people if they have started their journey on their own, these places give people such an amazing opportunity to get involved in roleplay and, now more than ever because of this change, is somewhere a lot of people will be stopping by to say hello and get a repair before they continue on with their day. It brings an element of environmental roleplay that makes the city feel "lived in".

Give it time.

There is nothing wrong with the idea that has been brought out, It improves RP for Mechanic Shops and a whole range of new benefits. You are forgetting one major factor which is currently broken and that is that LS Customs and benny's repair your vehicle too. 

There is nothing wrong with the idea that has been brought out, It improves RP for Mechanic Shops and a whole range of new benefits. You are forgetting one major factor which is currently broken and that is that LS Customs and benny's repair your vehicle too. 
Yes I have only noticed this today.

Personally, the post has been put in VERY early on. There's been 1 server restart since. 

AE and TN have become aware of the change the same time as everyone else - when the changelog got posted. There's been a few issues that have come to light that need ironing out, sure. How AE and TN will model their business around it is yet to be seen. 

I do appreciate players need to be somewhat self-efficient to get a car going and limp it somewhere. I would say give it a few days to see what tweaks/fixes occur and see if you still hold the same opinion.

I think it needs a little more time for the bugs to be ironed out, then people can judge it. Saying to go back to the old system already is over the top. The devs have put in a lot of work for this change, and with such a big overhaul to this system, a few bugs were most likely going to appear. Personally, I think it'll be great once its all going smoothly and correct. However, I do agree with being able to possibly purchase the body kits etc yourself from AE/TN which you can then use anywhere on the go. Even if it only repairs your vehicle body to 70% like the normal repair kits do with the engine, because when the bodywork is broken, they look ridiculous. This still gives the mechanic shop workers RP and also brings them in more money. I do get that its more realistic only allowing AE/TN to be able to do the bodywork and full engine repairs as they are actual mechanics, but the fact they aren't going to be open at all times, and are only available in the city, there needs to be some tweaks on how to get around this. 

For example, AE/TN would be the only people able to order in the new repair kits, but they can stock them like a normal shop, set a price, and people can just walk up to the till and purchase them like you do when going to any shop in the city. This will still bring people down to the mechanic shops, and to be honest, most people will still rp with the workers and get them to do it anyway, along with buying a few for the road. 

You can drive as carefully as you want, but locals appearing in front of you when driving and completely destroying your car is no ones fault. 

Problem with making AE and TN the only mechanic shops able to get the better repair kits is that a lot of the economy of the server and since a lot of the server revolves around driving, it's heavily reliant on these two shop's activities. Furthermore at times such as late at night or early in the mornings, a lot of people are left stranded or otherwise stuck at 70% engine health which isn't ideal. I like the idea of the mechanic shops but there must be a failsafe for if there are no employees online or present at the shop. It's like how there are vending machines/water coolers around the map that are independent of player owned shops/businesses as a backup.

Problem with making AE and TN the only mechanic shops able to get the better repair kits is that a lot of the economy of the server and since a lot of the server revolves around driving, it's heavily reliant on these two shop's activities. Furthermore at times such as late at night or early in the mornings, a lot of people are left stranded or otherwise stuck at 70% engine health which isn't ideal. I like the idea of the mechanic shops but there must be a failsafe for if there are no employees online or present at the shop. It's like how there are vending machines/water coolers around the map that are independent of player owned shops/businesses as a backup.
Thanks dude nailed it with this one. I haven't gotten on to play since the update but I'm often playing late night early morning UK time and I'm very curious as to what impact this will have. 

I need to wrap my head around the actual changes but fortunately for me my guy is a level 4 mechanic.

In lack of better words, we where spoiled with the old kits. Get your car back to mint condition just like that? Sure it’s convenient but hardly realistic. 

i think this is a good meta change thats going to have a major impact for the better, i’ve seen the comments about the shop activity and i don’t really see the argument? Shops are closed sometimes, we’re not a 24/7 service but we are open the majority of the day! As for selling the kits like a corner shop its going to be a hard no, Ill speak for Auto exotic but we’ve always had a firm idea of promoting interaction, if you want to deal with us you have to come talk with us.

thats why we never really used the delivery system but rather went to local business owners like Chirs Nobel to supply us with wash cloths and repair kits. We didnt make a profit on it but the reward of building that relationship and giving someone a purpose like that is such a great experience. If id change anything it would be to keep that interaction as its a massive loss for us in regards to interaction and rp for the shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back