What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Revert the repair system back to what it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive put a fair few hours into the mechanic roleplay side of the server, the old repair kit system brought many issues I think.

• Somehow everyone, no matter their expeirence, could repair a vehicle to perfect condition
  • Due to the fact people could repair their car instantly, their was no risk to driving dangerously, apart from the limited police coverage ofc
  • Mechanics could not make a reasonable wage due to the mass availablity of the old kits.

Although the new system has some bugs to be fixed I think its a great improvement.

• It provides a new legal avenue for people to go down
  • There is now a risk to driving dangerously, makes stunt driving more impressive
  • Creates more roleplay around PoG (Player Owned Garages)
  • Allows for more ludo-narrative synnergy

I agree there is an issue with the fact that there is a small amount of PoGs in the city and that they are not open 24/7. I think the best way this can be solved is for more PoGs to be in the city, which can be seen with the likes of the AutoCare garage and Hayes Autos. And there is always the option of LS customs.

Seems like a lot of the complaints I've heard about this topic is mostly about the money, and people having to RP with mechanics to get their cars repaired

In my opinion, this is an RP server - forcing people to use mechanic garages such as AE/Tyre means that there is actual interaction and RP between people, getting their cars fixed etc - ultimately, they are the professionals - are gangs, lorry drivers, taxi drivers etc all also trained mechanics able to do road side diagnostics of their cars? Probably not

We've had it far too easy with repair kits being as cheap as £400, someone driving at 140 gets hit by a local, hops out the car repairs for 30 seconds then gets back in and the cycle repeats

Now the mechanics have more to do, more RP opps more roadside breakdown RP, proper repair jobs that does take a lot more time (can RP out engine changes because the repair didn't work, with all the percentages of things failing etc)

Its a change that has been needed for quite some time, if you just want to drive around in super fast cars at 190 and then instantly repair when you roll your car over 1500 times, then play gta online or a free roam server - ultimately we are here for RP, and once people stop thinking about their money, and virtual items and start taking RP as the main priority the server will be better

I think the RP that this is going to open up for Mechanics and Player Owned Garages is amazing and a great addition to the server. I think it's also important to note though that it is newly implemented so will need some tweaking and ironing out to get it running smoothly so some bumps at the begining are to be expected. The Dev team work incredibly hard so I think it's fair people be patient while they adjust it to it's maximum potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back