What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Rules Feedback

Maybe change the RDM rule for illegal areas in some way not where you can just shoot people unless you feel threatened e.g. (someone with a rifle looking your way) but when you see them you can maybe incapacitate them by maybe making rubber bullets available to civs?  I'm not sure of a good way about this so would like to hear some thoughts

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe change the RDM rule for illegal areas in some way not where you can just shoot people unless you feel threatened e.g. (someone with a rifle looking your way) but when you see them you can maybe incapacitate them by maybe making rubber bullets available to civs?  I'm not sure of a good way about this so would like to hear some thoughts
You must initiate anywhere in the game; there are no remaining redzones.

That would cause immense trolling to enable civilians rubbers, hence the 2million bounty hunter price.

You must always initate regardless of the situation, just because they are armed doesn't mean they should die/are a threat. 

This is a serious role playing community, I honestly can't see your suggestion being adapted into the game.

You must initiate anywhere in the game; there are no remaining redzones.

That would cause immense trolling to enable civilians rubbers, hence the 2million bounty hunter price.

You must always initate regardless of the situation, just because they are armed doesn't mean they should die/are a threat. 

This is a serious role playing community, I honestly can't see your suggestion being adapted into the game.
Does roleplay mean come as close to real life as possible just something you can do?

Because i completely understand what you are saying with it would turn into RDM city with most changes but ik for a fact if i was somewhere with like 300k worth of meth i sure as hell am not going to let someone just come and rob us and would probs have some cops on our payroll which we can't do. 

I don't want this server to turn into RDM city because that would ruin the fun for me . But i would still like something just to give people who spent alot of time gathering to be able to get something out

@Wilco

I have a question with regards to Rule Section 10 - Advertising.

I understand and fully respect all the rules including Section 10 - Advertising, but in the past I've often considered running a gang or group or whatever you want to call it. That's behind me now as I'm an Officer but I still want to ask the question and provide an opinion on the matter.

Now I've always liked to keep things organised and I've always felt that gangs/clans whatever from previous games have massively benefited from a private forum to allow members to organise themselves off the playing field. Organised recreational clubs are never formed or maintained on the playing field, they always have an office somewhere.

In ALUK gangs having a forum would allow members to share, discus and organise things such as bank jobs, big weed runs or possible hostage taking scenarios posting maps and getting feedback, ultimately it allows them to accumulate and share intelligence. 

I think this would help drive more organised and effective RP from the gangs as they could pre-plan and communicate privately amongst members well in advance of any operation; this in turn would result in more creative, complicated and original plots from rebels which in turn would lead to better RP scenarios in-game for everyone!

I'm not saying that gangs cant organise themselves without this tool, but I just feel it would be so beneficial if gangs could have an opportunity to have their own private forum, whether that means that ALUK/RPUK provides something or whether they go and set one up and run their own thing without being penalised.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

@Wilco

Sorry, I've just been informed about this thread. But, I made a suggestion a moment ago remarking on the lack of detail in the RDM rule, which is unarguably the most common rule in terms of roleplay interactions.

Thanks

@Wilco

I have a question with regards to Rule Section 10 - Advertising.

I understand and fully respect all the rules including Section 10 - Advertising, but in the past I've often considered running a gang or group or whatever you want to call it. That's behind me now as I'm an Officer but I still want to ask the question and provide an opinion on the matter.

Now I've always liked to keep things organised and I've always felt that gangs/clans whatever from previous games have massively benefited from a private forum to allow members to organise themselves off the playing field. Organised recreational clubs are never formed or maintained on the playing field, they always have an office somewhere.

In ALUK gangs having a forum would allow members to share, discus and organise things such as bank jobs, big weed runs or possible hostage taking scenarios posting maps and getting feedback, ultimately it allows them to accumulate and share intelligence. 

I think this would help drive more organised and effective RP from the gangs as they could pre-plan and communicate privately amongst members well in advance of any operation; this in turn would result in more creative, complicated and original plots from rebels which in turn would lead to better RP scenarios in-game for everyone!

I'm not saying that gangs cant organise themselves without this tool, but I just feel it would be so beneficial if gangs could have an opportunity to have their own private forum, whether that means that ALUK/RPUK provides something or whether they go and set one up and run their own thing without being penalised.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.
I do like this and have been thinking about doing something like this for some time, more research is needed but with the software we have it is very possible.

Dont know if this has been up, but;

Chasing a offroad filled with rebels in back shooting at Police Officers chasing them, and we cant shoot back? Can this be added in the 3-minute rule?
I.E: Chasing a vehicle for 3 minutes, then we can start shooting on tires. Can we add that we can answer fire after 3 minutes?

This might get the Police Offroad popular again

Dont know if this has been up, but;

This might get the Police Offroad popular again
I don't fully understand what you are asking because as soon as they fire at you, they have created an extenuating circumstance in which you can return fire, because they have escalated the situation to a lethal one and it is in the best interest of the Police force to end that pursuit as quickly as possible, to make sure pursuing Officers or passersby are not shot. 

Also, the three minute rule was a guideline created by Police simply to ensure that pursuits could occur in situations whereby the suspect simply tried to run away, so there could be a fun car chase. So it'd be something to contact your Command about.

Police arent allowed to return fire from within a vehicle. I.E, on the back of the offroad.

Im pretty sure this is just said because when you shoot someone from an offroad with a lethel weapon the vdm script kicks in and just heals them to 100%.

Then I've been told wrong.

Was in a chace with a offroad when I was PCSO, I stood on the back of the offroad when we got fired upon by a civ. offroad, they told me to hold fire, since this was not allowed.

IF thats the fact that this is just a sayin, Im sorry then ;)

Then I've been told wrong.

Was in a chace with a offroad when I was PCSO, I stood on the back of the offroad when we got fired upon by a civ. offroad, they told me to hold fire, since this was not allowed.

IF thats the fact that this is just a sayin, Im sorry then ;)
You can shoot from vehicles, it's not banable or anything, HOWEVER it will heal them because of the VDM script. Shoot tyres or rotors if you are looking to disable a vehicle, don't shoot people because you'd be helping them (abusing this is classed as exploiting and consequently banable)

Oh alright, might just been me that's miss understood when this was said. Tnx! :)

You can shoot from vehicles, it's not banable or anything, HOWEVER it will heal them because of the VDM script. Shoot tyres or rotors if you are looking to disable a vehicle, don't shoot people because you'd be helping them (abusing this is classed as exploiting and consequently banable)
If i'm not wrong, vehicle-vehicle firing will kill them. Includes helis to cars

If i'm not wrong, vehicle-vehicle firing will kill them. Includes helis to cars
You are not wrong, as I found out whilst standing up in the back of an offroad whilst being chased by another offroad full of angry rebels 

Back