What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Rules Feedback

So you eye the Hobo & if he poses a threat shoot him,It's quite simple really if he get involved shoot him if not leave him be,I was shot on site yesterday after i spawned in athira with no knowledge there was a gunfight, i began hunting for the "Hidden" ones with my Binocs as im prone to do,and seen a man with a gun,I immediatly turned around and proceded to leave the area but i was immediatly shot in the back while holding binocs.(Which id like to add doesnt look like a weapon and is even held in the Left hand making it not appear as a handgun)people need to check their targets before shooting more,yes you might get killed but isnt that better then shooting some uninvolved guy simply because you didnt want to lose some gear on a Rp server.
John I wish this were true but I've seen 3 people banned from what you are describing. They shot at a hobo that picked up a weapon in an active firefight and got done for RDM.

John I wish this were true but I've seen 3 people banned from what you are describing. They shot at a hobo that picked up a weapon in an active firefight and got done for RDM.
Tbh someone shouldnt be shot for simply possessing a Firearm or Firearm look alike near a firefight.

1.If they shoot you,Attempt resolve then report if it doesnt get resolved.(Their infraction)

2.They Initiate & kill you,Shit happens sometimes.(Part of the game)

3. You issue compliance,hobo complies & RP comes of it.(The best Outcome in my book.)

4.You shoot them with no issued compliance,They may have simply complied and droped the gun or left,but no effort was given.(YOur Infraction)

at the end of the Day this Server is about enjoying RP,so if you lose some gear & money to the Comings & Goings of the Altis Island,then so be it,isnt it beter to have attemped some RP and lost some gear then to have killed any chance of RP? Anyone can provide Rp but if their having that chance taken over some gear Personally i feel this isn't acceptable.Taking a few seconds to confirm a threat from someone is something i feel everyone should be doing,if not simply for the sake of the RP possibilities.

I've played every role Altis has to offer in my 3100 or so hours of Arma so i do understand it from all sides.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe something surrounding respawning and medics... Like if the medics are on their way to you, lets say 1km out and travelling towards you you can't respawn?

Also, I believe I was discussing this with @ArrogantBread, there needs to be a lot more restrictions surrounding names. I was planning on reporting a VDMer the other day, but his name was, I believe, James. As a result, it was near impossible for me or Nathan to find the character in question, and he basically just got away scot free. 

Maybe a rule along the lines of 'All names must be original and unique. Failure to join with a unique name will result in a kick and, if repeatedly done, a ban until your name changes'.

Also, I have noticed quite a few grammar errors. Obviously this would be expected (it's a long document), but if anyone wants I can come on teamspeak to proof read the whole page with @Wilcoor @Ciaran
You can blacklist names or add them to a common names list.

I don't think flying under 200m anywhere but airports should be bannable - illegal, yes but not bannable.

Let's face it high profile cartels/mafia etc use helicopters in real life and land wherever the fuck they want.

Storing helicopters in land garages?

Half of this bugs me because of the noise created in central Kavala, the other half annoys me because I don't know any garage that will accept aircraft. 

Neatly bringing me to - helicopters being stored in the hospital. It's better than the garages, as there is an actual helipad there, however, again I think the NHS would not allow private aircraft to hold up their landing pads (unless delivering an injured patient).

Rule worthy?
@DainMKLet me create some more AIR Garages first then ill revisit this, be sure to remind me when you see them go in!

I don't think flying under 200m anywhere but airports should be bannable - illegal, yes but not bannable.

Let's face it high profile cartels/mafia etc use helicopters in real life and land wherever the fuck they want.
@Thomas ShelbyThankyou, and to the others that provided feedback on this rule it has now been amended.

The rule i will be giving feedback on is - 

(7.1.1) Holding a rebel licence you are unable to be in the Police (unless on Police holiday) or be a bountyhunter.

I would like to say i am very happy to see the rules updated. It is a lot better and clearer than it was before but i do feel the rule (7.1.1) , should not be in place. This is due that near enough every officer has a rebel licence at one point they had worked very hard to get. I do not see the reason why we can not use this , as none of us drive around in ifrits or with illegal fire arms as we do not want too face getting kicked out of the police.

I feel that is was fine the way it was before.

What the problem is-

The problem is the licence cost £500k to buy , to be able to remove it , that would cost a big 2 million. I think in my honest opinion i do not want to shell out 2.5 million just so i can go on police holiday for a week. I really would know what the problem is with us having a rebel licence as we all very rarely play civilian. All i ask is please rethink this rule , its sadly going to upset a lot of people.
@SPC HoggieThis has now been amended, Please check the changelog

18 hours ago, Axolotl said:

Now at the risk of portraying myself as a terrible role-player, can I have an example of what is considered proper behaviour of holding someone up? I find myself struggling with the new rules, as I thought we were doing it right before.

I'm Dutch myself and luckily have 0 experience with being held up by law enforcement (let alone UK Police), but it seems logical to me that officers would say: "This is the police, hands up, or you will be tazed!" This is of course upon witnessing illegal activity.
I've taken example of this video here: 

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
@AxolotlThis rule has been removed in the changelog, I take back what I said with my tail between my legs (that sounds wrong)... Roleplay should not be judged unless a rule is broken so apologies for that it has now been removed. 

Storing helicopters in land garages?

Half of this bugs me because of the noise created in central Kavala, the other half annoys me because I don't know any garage that will accept aircraft. 

Neatly bringing me to - helicopters being stored in the hospital. It's better than the garages, as there is an actual helipad there, however, again I think the NHS would not allow private aircraft to hold up their landing pads (unless delivering an injured patient).

Rule worthy?
An internal NHS rule is that civilians are unable to land at the hospital without permission this also goes for the police departments in the police handbook. Perhaps making this an actual server rule would be a wise idea.

@GP Willis

Never had this fed back from the NHS or Police... is people landing on emergency service land a thing, and if so how are they being dealt with currently ?

@GP Willis

Never had this fed back from the NHS or Police... is people landing on emergency service land a thing, and if so how are they being dealt with currently ?
Usually they will store it, and leave, not a huge issue when that happens. But they get abandoned and the police get called in quite often to impound helicopters left there.

NHS cannot impound a vehicle unless they have the keys for it, so the police have to when it gets abandoned. Sometimes the NHS have to wait a long time for the spawn to be clear so they can get their helicopters out. 

Not worth making it a server rule just yet, as there is nowhere else for helis to land, and the times that one is left abandoned is low compared to how often they land there. Definitely needs looking at though.

@GP Willis

Sometimes people like to RP by sending a police dispatch to land at hte police HQ in an emergancy. So i think this should be allowed. But i can agree with willis about landing at the hospital as its just disterbing RP for the medics, i have only seen it happen a few times however, so its not a major problem.

My only sugestion to this is to change to current system, the current rule system is good because it bans many people permanent but in the other hand is really unfair, why? Ok let me explain, let´s imagine that 1 community member has been playing on the server for 1 year or more, he is a good community member, he never break rules but as we are humans there is a day that he forgot to iniciate RP and kill a person, so he gets banned for that, still the player has 1 more chance to get back to the server... Some months have passed and he breaks a rule again by acident, for any reason... is it fair to ban permanent a player like this?

My suggestion is not to forgive people for breaking rules but to forgive the ones that really deserve, for that i recommend a ban system by points like this:

The player would have this limitation:

10 Points ban for 5 days

20 Points ban for 15 days

30 Points permanent ban

-All the rules have points (that should be decided by the admins) to give to the people who break them.

-3 Months without any Transgression of the rules the points of the player Reset to 0. (This time can be decided by the admins)

This is not an original ideia by me, there is alot of servers with this implemented already!

I don't see any rules explaining the red zones. I think most people find it common sense that it is kos, but there should still be a rule in place so new people don't get confused or frustrated when they get shot on sight. 

(7.1.1) Police members are unable to do any illegal activity (unless on a Police holiday)

Why does this have to be a server rule? I remember police roleplaying as corrupt when on as a civ and there are still corrupt cops out there but now there is no opportunity for such roleplay...

Will this be enforced, ie bans etc?

I actually remember a post by Maratek, Fuel or Neo once (Can't remember who) saying hardly anyone roleplayed as corrupt cops as a civ. This was due to the command metagaming what people do as civs to kick them from the police... Now we can't do anything illegal without being banned?

(7.1.1) Police members are unable to do any illegal activity (unless on a Police holiday)

Why does this have to be a server rule? I remember police roleplaying as corrupt when on as a civ and there are still corrupt cops out there but now there is no opportunity for such roleplay...

Will this be enforced, ie bans etc?

I actually remember a post by Maratek, Fuel or Neo once (Can't remember who) saying hardly anyone roleplayed as corrupt cops as a civ. This was due to the command metagaming what people do as civs to kick them from the police... Now we can't do anything illegal without being banned?
never mind. (didnt read full thing)

Not sure if I am Up-to-date but it would be really cool to have an official Rule about Rebels (not) being allowed to go back to active Bank Ops. 
Also about the fact that some Gang Members of various Gangs leave an active Gunfight to return in different clothing and then go shoot Officers down. That should officially not be allowed because it is pretty much impossible for Police to not Metagame in such a situation. (I think common sense stops most people from doing this but there are always those special people that .. yeah you know)

Get back the rule for Police saying you can't make them example leave the Police, when you have them hostage. I say this because the rule was added for a reason, but removed with the other Temp Rules for Police.

Get back the rule for Police saying you can't make them example leave the Police, when you have them hostage. I say this because the rule was added for a reason, but removed with the other Temp Rules for Police.
+1

Never experienced this first hand but it sounds ridiculous.

Not sure if I am Up-to-date but it would be really cool to have an official Rule about Rebels (not) being allowed to go back to active Bank Ops. 
Also about the fact that some Gang Members of various Gangs leave an active Gunfight to return in different clothing and then go shoot Officers down. That should officially not be allowed because it is pretty much impossible for Police to not Metagame in such a situation. (I think common sense stops most people from doing this but there are always those special people that .. yeah you know)
I agree with this. I've told gangs not to interrupt other gangs treasury jobs as well. Once they leave the treasury, then it's fair game IMHO.

As we are unsure of any rules regarding "pull out your weapon in 0.2 seconds and shoot" or "jumping out of a truck and shooting" will have a script against it, could we have a simple rule which would help those refrain from pulling a weapon out within 0.2 seconds and shooting?

As we are unsure of any rules regarding "pull out your weapon in 0.2 seconds and shoot" or "jumping out of a truck and shooting" will have a script against it, could we have a simple rule which would help those refrain from pulling a weapon out within 0.2 seconds and shooting?
So I'm clear here-

You want a rue stating there is a specified amount of time you must wait inbetween unholstering your Firearm & actually firing it?

Example-im driving along with a friend and armed men fire on my car to stop me,they manage to hit a tire & Kill my friend i get out and fire on my attackers as soon as i exit the vehicle.

In your rule Not only are they breaking RDM rule,ive now broken a Rule because i defended myself too fast?

Back