What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Rules Feedback

As per this report it is clear that ramming vacant and stationary vehicles is against the rules.  To me this seems to go against common sense and I personally fail to see how it is reasonable to lockpick a vehicle being used to block a deerstand/DMT/entrance to a place someone is holding giving them a completely unfair advantage?  I see this as quite a large  issue tbh and feel that being able to ram vacant vehicles in order to move them from a entrance etc should be perfectly allowed provided it doesn't blow up and kill people etc.

Ramming is allowed if nobody is inside subject to common sense, if it VDM’s them you’re not allowed to kill them, if it kills them, then it’s a break of the VDM rule, easy.

As per this report it is clear that ramming vacant and stationary vehicles is against the rules.  To me this seems to go against common sense and I personally fail to see how it is reasonable to lockpick a vehicle being used to block a deerstand/DMT/entrance to a place someone is holding giving them a completely unfair advantage?  I see this as quite a large  issue tbh and feel that being able to ram vacant vehicles in order to move them from a entrance etc should be perfectly allowed provided it doesn't blow up and kill people etc.
I couldn't agree more. VDM is VDM, it's hitting and/Killing with vehicles. I completely agree that using a vehicle to move another vehicle is using a vehicle as a utility rather than a weapon. 

In theory, i could block off a whole stair case, not allowing anyone to get up, and id basically be invulnerable to death. We need to use common sense. No one died, no one was injured, his car was recked, but then again, a star case was blocked. 

The clue is in the words. Vehicle DEATH match 👀

how can you break the rule if no death is caused, or can be caused.

should we stop ramming down walls and bushes too? 

(G7.2) Own gang hostages - You are unable to take your own gang member(s) hostage.

For FiveM can this be reworded to include the groups of people as well as gangs, people are starting to think they are getting around the rule by saying they aren't a gang so jimmy smith who was just robbing the bank is now a hostage

Is disabling a stationary vehicle classed as exploiting? 

I’ve done this myself and seen it done many times and wouldn’t necessarily call it common sense, I often roleplay that I’m stabbing the tires, or that the technological advancements (its 2040 or something in arma) make it possible. 

could we get an amendment to the rule to specifically include this as I don’t think its common sense to not do this. Or just some clarification as I’m genuinely perplexed! 

cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Is disabling a stationary vehicle classed as exploiting? 

I’ve done this myself and seen it done many times and wouldn’t necessarily call it common sense, I often roleplay that I’m stabbing the tires, or that the technological advancements (its 2040 or something in arma) make it possible. 

could we get an amendment to the rule to specifically include this as I don’t think its common sense to not do this. Or just some clarification as I’m genuinely perplexed! 

cheers
It's done everyday on the server, first time I have seen someone banned for it...

Aye AFAK it has always been considered as “I am slicing your tires” sorta thing, and you would honestly have to ban every player who is active on the survey for exploiting because every body does it 

This isn’t exploiting in my opinion, It has been a thing for years and I have never witnessed anyone banned from it. I’ve also witnessed a wide range of staff members doing it including one of the current staff leads when he played on the server. So for it now to be considered exploiting is rather silly really. 

Either make it clear that it’s a rulebreak now going forward or reverse the ban. This whole staff discretion on rules is getting a bit out of hand at this point.

Out in force tonight eh.

It's been enforced like this since 2017.
But we will visit it this coming rules meeting 😉

So you’re admitting that when I witnessed you doing this a year ago you did it with full knowledge you were exploiting?
@Stavik
tenor.gif

I did get a new job a year ago, so i wasnt the most active guy then 😮

The rule is bull shit.

"Spiking a vehicle that is stationary that is fine, Obviously withing reasons. Not to troll around. Unfortunately due do arma physics, The spike strip take out tires instantly instead of when the vehicle moves." - Jefke V, January 12th 2020.

Evidently, it has not been a thing since 2017

The rule is bull shit.

"Spiking a vehicle that is stationary that is fine, Obviously withing reasons. Not to troll around. Unfortunately due do arma physics, The spike strip take out tires instantly instead of when the vehicle moves." - Jefke V, January 12th 2020.

Evidently, it has not been a thing since 2017
will you look at that it has already been clarified by staff. no need to discuss it then. right? 

Back