What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Rules Feedback

Could a rule for power gaming be used as i feel the terminology for power gaming comes under Fail RP but i feel it should have its own rule to stop confusion between rebels and police.
on the police side, power gaming can come under Fail RP but it can also come under as metagaming with  the "Finger Print Scanner" but it just depends on the situation etc......

I think there should be some changes to the VDM rules, and it allows you to use your vehicle as a weapon if initiation has already occurred - you could run them over if you are not the best shot and then kill them when they are down. Irl you can use a vehicle to defend yourself so why is it bannable to use it to defend yourself. 

I think there should be some changes to the VDM rules, and it allows you to use your vehicle as a weapon if initiation has already occurred - you could run them over if you are not the best shot and then kill them when they are down. Irl you can use a vehicle to defend yourself so why is it bannable to use it to defend yourself. 
very true, except this is not real life.

and this the current arma3 physics, there is a high chance you will be send flying and killing the person you ran over.

this will cause so much unneeded chaos, and it will pretty much render the vdm script useless.

ill suggest the following, if you cant defend yourself but you are able to get in your vehicle... then just drive off?

or give up tbh... you dont always have to win.

very true, except this is not real life.

and this the current arma3 physics, there is a high chance you will be send flying and killing the person you ran over.

this will cause so much unneeded chaos, and it will pretty much render the vdm script useless.

ill suggest the following, if you cant defend yourself but you are able to get in your vehicle... then just drive off?

or give up tbh... you dont always have to win.
I have accidentally hit countless number of people with my car though when driving and they just flop to the ground, so surely you should be allowed to run people over in this context so you could then get out and execute /kill them for the crime they committed against you. On both this servers and many others when you hit people I find that they rarely fly, and even if they do fly off and die you were just defending yourself....

I have accidentally hit countless number of people with my car though when driving and they just flop to the ground, so surely you should be allowed to run people over in this context so you could then get out and execute /kill them for the crime they committed against you. On both this servers and many others when you hit people I find that they rarely fly, and even if they do fly off and die you were just defending yourself....
listen, if you cant defend yourself then flee or giveup you dont always habe to fight. would you think its fair when a hobo with a pistol run you over when you have a 1mil loadout then shoots you?

if changes would be.made then it should be adding a invulnerability script for when you are vdmed and on the ground.

Cops aren’t meant to keep a secondary gun in their backpacks, period. Take one in your car if you really want?
Sorry to bring this up again, but please show me the rule where cops cant use their backpack to carry whatever they want.

Sorry to bring this up again, but please show me the rule where cops cant use their backpack to carry whatever they want.
Its an exploit, they dont really have a backpack.

Last edited by a moderator:
It kinda comes under common sense. You can’t pull a massive gun out of nowhere. But obvs you can still put guns inside it a d use it as storage. But if your in combat just make sure you goto a car and just add some RP when getting it out.

It is exploiting. Within RP, Police don't have a backpack (which is why it is invisible). It is only used to carry things such as toolkits and medkits. If anyone puts a backpackable weapon who is Police in a Police backpack then they are breaking server rules.
Hope this helps :)

Its an exploit, they dont really have a backpack.

It kinda comes under common sense. You can’t pull a massive gun out of nowhere. But obvs you can still put guns inside it a d use it as storage. But if your in combat just make sure you goto a car and just add some RP when getting it out.

It is exploiting. Within RP, Police don't have a backpack (which is why it is invisible). It is only used to carry things such as toolkits and medkits. If anyone puts a backpackable weapon who is Police in a Police backpack then they are breaking server rules.
Hope this helps :)

If this is how it is, then it needs to be implemented into the rules.

I cant find anywhere in the rules or the police hanbook where this is written. 

@Busterguy you say its common sense, but for me its not. I dont see any problem with this.

@Jax teller  everyone knows that also police got a backpack, but its hidden serverside. this is something someone have desided but since its not written anywhere in the rules or guidelines for the police you cant classified it as exploiting.

and @Fergus the Hostage show me the server rules that is broken when you got a gun in your backpack as a police.

Let the police backpack spar16, mk20 or sdar while holding their mx or mxc (this is the only guns that fits) in their hands.  will

This will do so police easier can choose to use rubbers instead of live ammo, which I belive will lead to more RP.

Last edited by a moderator:
If this is how it is, then it needs to be implemented into the rules.

I cant find anywhere in the rules or the police hanbook where this is written. 

@Busterguy you say its common sense, but for me its not. I dont see any problem with this.

@Jax teller  everyone knows that also police got a backpack, but its hidden serverside. this is something someone have desided but since its not written anywhere in the rules or guidelines for the police you cant classified it as exploiting.

and @Fergus the Hostage show me the server rules that is broken when you got a gun in your backpack as a police.

Let the police backpack spar16, mk20 or sdar while holding their mx or mxc (this is the only guns that fits) in their hands.  will

This will do so police easier can choose to use rubbers instead of live ammo, which I belive will lead to more RP.
It is not stated in the rules, and I see nothing wrong with HAVING one in the backpack either. But let s say you re asked to drop your gun, and after everything is over and you re free to go another gun magically appeares in your hands, out of nowhere, in front of other people. Wouldn t that be fail/poor rp? Though if you do it in a gunfight when no one can see you, to use rubbers instead of lethals or viseversa than that d be ok for me but don t know if it s ok for the others.

It is not stated in the rules, and I see nothing wrong with HAVING one in the backpack either. But let s say you re asked to drop your gun, and after everything is over and you re free to go another gun magically appeares in your hands, out of nowhere, in front of other people. Wouldn t that be fail/poor rp? Though if you do it in a gunfight when no one can see you, to use rubbers instead of lethals or viseversa than that d be ok for me but don t know if it s ok for the others.
Normal backpacks are fine. The confusion is coming from police because the police have an “invisible” backpack.

So the argument is wether you are allowed to use this imagination of a backpack to your advantage.

Normal backpacks are fine. The confusion is coming from police because the police have an “invisible” backpack.

So the argument is wether you are allowed to use this imagination of a backpack to your advantage.
But as a police I cant use a "normal" backpack...

So if I'm not allowed to use it as a "normal" backpack they should make one that can be used....

@pr0xity  It's classed as exploiting, you've been told by staff. In your theory you are expecting us to add to this to the exploiting rule. 

I could think of at least 50 other exploits in out server, would you really read them all on the rules page if we made a giant list? 

If we added a list of exploits under the rule, then someone would find an exploit not on that list and think it's acceptable. 

People who have an invisible backpack that other people can't see should use common sense not to pull a MX/MXC ect ect out their arse ?

@pr0xity  It's classed as exploiting, you've been told by staff. In your theory you are expecting us to add to this to the exploiting rule. 

I could think of at least 50 other exploits in out server, would you really read them all on the rules page if we made a giant list? 

If we added a list of exploits under the rule, then someone would find an exploit not on that list and think it's acceptable. 

People who have an invisible backpack that other people can't see should use common sense not to pull a MX/MXC ect ect out their arse ?
Is it not acceptable under any circumstances? Even if no one sees you? Like in a gunfight? Not the you run around the corner pull out a gun and go back with it to the guys who robbed you but in a gunfight when no one sees you?

Back