What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Rules Feedback

Hey can someone clarify the meaning of tracers? A lot of people tell they mean 'land or leave' or 'land or be shot' etc. Was supposed to ask at meeting thanks 

Hey can someone clarify the meaning of tracers? A lot of people tell they mean 'land or leave' or 'land or be shot' etc. Was supposed to ask at meeting thanks 
Leave or be shot is the exact meaning, basically a FUCK OFF message.

Leave or be shot is the exact meaning, basically a FUCK OFF message.
Cheers mate! A lot of people get really mad when I shoot them. Then they spam the OOC with 'Come to TS'. Now I can slam this in their face lmao 

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers mate! A lot of people get really mad when I shoot them. Then they spam the OOC with 'Come to TS'. Now I can slam this in their face lmao 
Make sure the tracers are visible and that its ACTUAL tracer rounds, some guns have reload tracer mags which in fact isnt actually tracer rounds.

I like to spray a full mag or two of tracer rounds around their heli, just so im sure they`ve seen it

New Rule:

You are not allowed to start an RBA Treasury after 6:30 PM GMT on Saturdays up until 7:30 PM GMT

This is simply due to that fact that in the past few weeks there has been a gang (maybe 2) who keep on starting RBA Treasury Assaults when officers disconnected from the server to attend to the Police Meeting. (Not all officers usually a few PCs, PPCs, and PCSOs stay, but others usually attend because A) Chances of getting promoted B) Any important points that you might need to know). This is simply unfair as you are leaving the officers who mainly operate with 5.56 weapons (depending on the threat level [Critical = PC MXC]) against multiple 7.62s and a few 6.5s. 

As a matter of fact Ciaran did mention this during one of the Police Meetings we had a few weeks ago. 

New Rule:

You are not allowed to start an RBA Treasury after 6:30 PM GMT on Saturdays up until 7:30 PM GMT

This is simply due to that fact that in the past few weeks there has been a gang (maybe 2) who keep on starting RBA Treasury Assaults when officers disconnected from the server to attend to the Police Meeting. (Not all officers usually a few PCs, PPCs, and PCSOs stay, but others usually attend because A) Chances of getting promoted B) Any important points that you might need to know). This is simply unfair as you are leaving the officers who mainly operate with 5.56 weapons (depending on the threat level [Critical = PC MXC]) against multiple 7.62s and a few 6.5s. 

As a matter of fact Ciaran did mention this during one of the Police Meetings we had a few weeks ago. 
Another option would be to just allow police to logg off if the alarm goes off when there is a police meeting

Another option would be to just allow police to logg off if the alarm goes off when there is a police meeting
They are already allowed to log off when there is a meeting so problem already solved.

No need to add a stupid rule about it. If the cops dont want to log off it shouldnt be the rebels problem.

They are already allowed to log off when there is a meeting so problem already solved.

No need to add a stupid rule about it. If the cops dont want to log off it shouldnt be the rebels problem.
If they are allowed to logg off then whats the issue lol

Revamp of the NLR rule

I believe we should remove the ability to return to a situation where you have previously been involved in and died. By this I mean any given situation no matter what situation it might be. I give my points to why and the downside (There will always be downsides nothing is perfect)

First off we have value of life. If you only have one life per situation it would make people value their lives more. Currently gear is either free or cheap. There is barely anything holding people back from dying apart from their gear cost which is none existed among the bigger gangs at least.

Secondly we have the sniper fest that is created when people return to situations. I have made a picture below illustrating the “NLR effect”:

bmtdn8U.png

When people return to a situation they set up in order to kill the people at the situation. But then when 5-10 minutes has passed and the next wave of people are getting back they set up to kill the people that are shooting their friends from wave 1. And finally it to wave 3 that then wants to take out wave 3. This just goes on and on until one side pulls out or has been wiped. This results in gunfights being painfully long and just not fun at all as it just promotes sniping.

Thirdly its balance. Some forces are going to be larger than others. But does this mean that they should be able to not value their life and just push in well aware they are risking their lives but as long as they have a chance taking one of the opponents it will be worth. Is it truly fair for a gang that just started on the island to go up against a gang of well-funded veterans? Newer people don’t have money to gear up multiple times. If you are in a large group against a very small group of 2-3 people then you will not be punished at all for not valuing your life. You will always have people to keep the situation going but the small group will not have either people or money.
This would also increase the number of situations that can occur since situations will be much shorter and it will give people time to do more different stuff than being stuck in the same situation for hours.

Finally I want to bring up the immersion and realism. I still remember some of my first fights on the server where it was do or die. If you lived or died mattered everything. When your life was in danger the blood was pumping and you could feel the adrenaline. That feeling has been lost. If you die then it doesn’t matter as you can simply just return to the situation with a fresh loadout and a tactical advantage. Sometimes it would perhaps even be an advantage for a few people to die to get a flank.

Now the downsides of this. It can be boring if you are the only person that died and your gang is still in that situation resulting in you being by yourself. It can suck to be stuck by yourself. But I believe you can always find some activities to do on your own and that it is worth scarifying waiting for 10 minutes to get that realism and immersion back. You could always do a run, chill in Kavala, search a cargo drop, capture a zone etc.

There will be have to be made some sort of guideline to when a situation is over for this to work without grey areas. For example, if you are doing a run somebody tries to rob you and you die in the fight. Your gang manages to win the fight and now need to sell are you then allowed to help them sell even though it could be seen as the same situation? In my opinion then the robbery would be counted as the situation you were involved in but as you wake up in your new life your gang calls you for help to sell some drugs. Obsly you wouldn’t be allowed to use your keys etc from your past life, but you can help your gang sell drugs.

I still remember some of my first fights on the server where it was do or die. If you lived or died mattered everything. When your life was in danger the blood was pumping and you could feel the adrenaline.
Me and my hobo mates would sit there, pissing ourselves haha. However after a silly amount of uranium runs, I lost this!

Huge +1 for OP

Shouldn't Medics be allowed to basically shift J and run with a patient because it makes sense that we are using real stretchers on wheels which mean we can roll the fastly?

images

For those that can't seem to contain themselves:

If you just respond with "+1" or "-1" with no actual decent feedback (no 1 line saying "Yes add it" is not DECENT feedback) you can expect your post to be removed, keep doing it and you'll end up with a warning point.

This is a feedback thread, not a "lets spam" thread.

I've run into some issues and also grey areas regarding rule (2.2) when it comes to what you "initiate" on. I've had it explained to me that if you're in a roleplay situation for example. Let's say pretending to be an undercover police and start doing a fake traffic routine stop where you start interacting with the drivers and passengers of a car you've pulled over. Then they suddenly decide to jump into their car and skid off and you tell them not to get into the car whereupon they procced to get into it and they start the engine and begin to take off and you tell them to stop driving or their car tires will be shot. That only, rulewise, legitimates you to shoot at their car tires and if you accidently or intentionally shoot them it would be considered RDM cause it was the tires that were initiated upon and not the person.

Rule 2.2 says the following: (2.2) Random Deathmatch (also known as RDM) - Shooting at someone without engaging in any form of quality role play (eg. Giving enough time for them to comply with your order. Count downs are not considered quality roleplay, please at least attempt to create an interesting roleplay story before considering shooting.) is considered RDM. (Punishment is a ban).

In my opinion, Rule 2.2 doesn't state anything about you having to initiate on the correct target, or initiation for that matter, and that it only legitimaties you to shoot at that target and not any related entity or person to the initiated upon target. ( I don't know how to phrase this in english at all, bare with me. ) However during a lot of chats with players and support staff in teamspeak it seems to me that that is indeed a part of rule 2.2 however it's a hidden rule. For new or returning players it can be very hard to know hidden rules like this and it's evidently not common sense since then people would know it and there wouldn't be any issues, unless someone is out there to purposely break rules. Please do correct me if my understanding of this hidden rule is wrong. If my understanding of it is not wrong, may I suggest you make it more clear in the rules about initiation and also the target of the initiation and what that implies rule wise.

I know this server is about more roleplay, less ruleplay and I'm all for that and I can see why that might be why rule 2.2 has been written in a general way. However, if someone then does quality roleplay but is new and don't know about the hidden rules about initiation and get into trouble of it becuase of that it's unfortunate.

Thank you for reading, I hope you can understand my point even though it's phrased in a weird way. English is not my first language.

Can the 7.2.X rules apply to all major crimes (RGB, AR Weapon Cache, HM Treasury)? E.g.

• Unarmed negotiator can't be taken hostage OR shot straight after initiation
  • Don't fill vehicles up from inside

Can we change rule 7.2 so gangs can not take anything whilst they are in the procces of negiotiating. This would create more opportunities to roleplay as I have noticed that some gangs start filling up their truck during negotiations and this makes it so that the police usually have to stop negotiations in order to stop the rebels from taking the gold for example. Ofcourse, in order to counter police stalling to get set up, gangs can end negotiations if they suspect that the police is just stalling (some common sense should be applied here).

Can we change rule 7.2 so gangs can not take anything whilst they are in the procces of negiotiating. This would create more opportunities to roleplay as I have noticed that some gangs start filling up their truck during negotiations and this makes it so that the police usually have to stop negotiations in order to stop the rebels from taking the gold for example. Ofcourse, in order to counter police stalling to get set up, gangs can end negotiations if they suspect that the police is just stalling (some common sense should be applied here).
Pretty true indeed, most of the gangs do this all the time so a beautiful nice roleplay conversation isn't nice anymore because you re under pressure

New rule 4.7:

In addition to what's already been said about this, it inhibits people who don't plan on 'hopping on' more than it does effect them. For example, I could be planning to go on an NCA patrol with a bunch of friends - they all manage to get in and I'm stuck spamming to get in (happens often), they get into a situation which I can't now get involved in even though I was technically with them, and neither can I patrol on my own, so I'm stuck at PD either waiting for 15 minutes doing nothing or wait for the situation to be over, still doing nothing - can't go out and RP with anyone, can't go pull some people over, etc.

New rule 4.7:

In addition to what's already been said about this, it inhibits people who don't plan on 'hopping on' more than it does effect them. For example, I could be planning to go on an NCA patrol with a bunch of friends - they all manage to get in and I'm stuck spamming to get in (happens often), they get into a situation which I can't now get involved in even though I was technically with them, and neither can I patrol on my own, so I'm stuck at PD either waiting for 15 minutes doing nothing or wait for the situation to be over, still doing nothing - can't go out and RP with anyone, can't go pull some people over, etc.
Instead the rule should be that You cannot join a situation for 5-10 minutes after you join the server

Back