What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Rules Feedback

I was recently involved in a situation where, one of my friends were rubbered, put in a cop car and taken straight to the blue zone all the way from the area around Kore fuel. Myself (in a helicopter) and my other friend Scaj (in a quilin) were clearly following this police vehicle for about 3-4 minutes without being able to get an "initiation" off. Baring in mind this whole time Scaj was beeping the police car which clearly showed he wanted something and I landed at the blue zone (Kavala) entrance which showed I clearly didn't want them to enter it. They then found another way into the blue zone. 

In my opinion, this is completely unfair and it's basically cops ignoring potential roleplay and possibly trying to retreat from a possible gunfight. Upon speaking to a staff member from the cops, Reminissions, I was told that these cops had not done anything wrong because the rule states "(6.2.5)Retreating to a blue zone while being engaged in a gunfight is not allowed."

Now, okay, they weren't involved in a gunfight which is fair enough I suppose. However, from this experience I have realised that I believe there is a hole in the rules such that we were clearly following him to get our guy back and so I think the rule should be edited such that if it's a blatant situation such as this one, cops should not be allowed to enter blue zones.

🤨

Let's be honest here, If those Officers would have parked their vehicle on the side of the road, would they have received any decent "Roleplay" from your group? It would have probably be something like this;  Rebel is asking if their friend could be released (with their firearms in their hands), then the Officers are going to say that your friend is arrested for the crimes he committed, and that they will not be releasing your friend. Which results in the Rebels initiating on the Police Officers, which mean another Firefight has started.
 ​

When your friend has been arrested by Law Enforcement then it's your responsibility to try and stop that Police vehicle from reaching the nearest Police Station. Otherwise it's going to be a never ending story for Law Enforcement. Besides that I've recently also noticed that more and more Rebels are being extremely cocky around Police Officers, such as walking around with their firearms, when they are fully aware that Law Enforcement is nearby... "Because their friends are nearby anyway, so if Law Enforcement is initiating then I can just say that I've got friends in the area." Which is also 'Ignoring potential roleplay' Which also means 'Potential Roleplay' is being ruined?

-1   I'm completely disagreeing with your feedback, because Law Enforcement isn't going to receive any 'Decent Roleplay', they're just going to be initiated on. And even if your friend has been arrested and is being transported to the H.M. Prison you still have so many opportunities to get him back. Sure, it would mean that he has lost his firearm and equipment, however the Economy is broken anyway, the majority of the players have a couple of million in their bank accounts if not more.

1.  Ambush during the transport-phase to H.M. Prison.
              2.  Waiting for Law Enforcement to arrive at the H.M. Prison.
              3.  Breaking your friend out of the H.M. Prison. 

From a 'Realistic Perspective' this rule doesn't make sense anyway, because realistically Law Enforcement is always going to retreat to a safe place which would be the Police Station. However from a 'Roleplay' Game Perspective I do fully agree with the current 'Bluezone Rule' because it's more fair for Rebels/Citizens. But if the Officers haven't been fired upon for 5 minutes they should be allowed to safely return to the nearest Police Station, so they have a chance to role-play with their suspect, without being harassed.

👮‍♂️
Road Traffic Officer, Chief Inspector Ronald Strauss

508b92a6be3dd0606f3259d3345cf551.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't rule 12.1 a bit unnecessary? I am pretty sure it is a rule for all members of the server to have a microphone.

For far too long now ,As a medic , either me and/or my patients have been staring down the barrel of a gun.This usually happens because a member of a gang has been killed,they are usually transported until they find a medic and either force the medic to help their friend up or else.

for ex.

I was responding to a car accident off road, when i was passing Kore bend a vehicle with an injured person swerved past me.I ignored this vehicle as i was going 250 kp/h responding to the previously mentioned incident.I stopped by the downed people and started my roleplay, a few seconds the same vehicle pulls up and starts screaming "medic,medic!" , I don't mind them as I am still helping the other person up.Next thing i know a gun is pointed at my patients head basically forcing me to give blood to his friend and revive him.No harm was done to me but 'not the point,I know this isn't breaking a rule but i feel this is just wrong.They are taking advantage of the fact that I have to comply in order to help his/her friend up.I feel their should be some form of rule that restricts/stops this kind of behavior.

Its demotivating to be forced at gunpoint and not role play in a situation because someone is threatening to kill your patient as the I joined NHS to escape these kind of encounters.

People will argue that I can just place a DNR/run away but whats the point of being a medic then?

I hope you can review this and understand the frustration of this situation.

Paramedic TBigSoul.

Sorry for reposting this,accidentally placed in wrong sub section.

Just to clarify I have no problems with rebels clearing me from an area,just with the above mentioned problem

For far too long now ,As a medic , either me and/or my patients have been staring down the barrel of a gun.This usually happens because a member of a gang has been killed,they are usually transported until they find a medic and either force the medic to help their friend up or else.

for ex.

I was responding to a car accident off road, when i was passing Kore bend a vehicle with an injured person swerved past me.I ignored this vehicle as i was going 250 kp/h responding to the previously mentioned incident.I stopped by the downed people and started my roleplay, a few seconds the same vehicle pulls up and starts screaming "medic,medic!" , I don't mind them as I am still helping the other person up.Next thing i know a gun is pointed at my patients head basically forcing me to give blood to his friend and revive him.No harm was done to me but 'not the point,I know this isn't breaking a rule but i feel this is just wrong.They are taking advantage of the fact that I have to comply in order to help his/her friend up.I feel their should be some form of rule that restricts/stops this kind of behavior.

Its demotivating to be forced at gunpoint and not role play in a situation because someone is threatening to kill your patient as the I joined NHS to escape these kind of encounters.

People will argue that I can just place a DNR/run away but whats the point of being a medic then?

I hope you can review this and understand the frustration of this situation.

Paramedic TBigSoul.

Sorry for reposting this,accidentally placed in wrong sub section.

Just to clarify I have no problems with rebels clearing me from an area,just with the above mentioned problem
Its happening far to often, its very annoying and very little roleplay is happening, something needs to be added because it been exploited that once they fire a weapon we have to leave.

Something needs to be done, I'm sure if you ask any medic, it happens daily, if not hourly.

Sure I don't die, but i'm probably being detained and having all my gear stripped, which is the same as dying but it takes longer and I have to listen to yet another police officer quote the firearms act. 
It's the police, role playing as police, it's kinda a fundamental role of the police. If you're not keen on role playing with police, or fed-up having them role play the firearms act with you, try to be smarter, try to avoid them, and don't run around with a visible, illegal firearm.   The amount of people who stroll around with fat gats on their back like it's perfectly normal, then cry when we arrest and confiscate their weapon is getting a bit ridiculous.  

Fine if you're caught unaware out in the middle of nowhere, but I see loads of people who lack common sense strolling around in greenzones armed to the teeth who then also cry when they get arrested. "It's unfair cos we can't retaliate". No excuse for stupidity.

It's the police, role playing as police, it's kinda a fundamental role of the police. If you're not keen on role playing with police, or fed-up having them role play the firearms act with you, try to be smarter, try to avoid them, and don't run around with a visible, illegal firearm.   The amount of people who stroll around with fat gats on their back like it's perfectly normal, then cry when we arrest and confiscate their weapon is getting a bit ridiculous.  

Fine if you're caught unaware out in the middle of nowhere, but I see loads of people who lack common sense strolling around in greenzones armed to the teeth who then also cry when they get arrested. "It's unfair cos we can't retaliate". No excuse for stupidity.
The problem I have isn't with the police RP'ing their police RP to me Long Beard, despite my little complaint there. 

It's the bit where the only thing that comes out of their mouth is hands up or be tased, because its a none lethal hands up or die. So shouldn't be allowed.
I wasn't even talking about green zones. Hands up or be tased/hands up or be rubbered is common place initiation used by police instead of RP in a significant number of situations and It's poor. 
My point was that it's not okay that the RP comes afterwards.

If I run up to you and said hands up or I'll knock you out, and just repeated myself over and over before doing as such. You wouldn't appreciate that as high quality RP. Especially seeing as hostile RP's "initiation" is "initiation". It doesn't matter how I choose to end my encounter so I could just shoot you instead. 
You would in all likelihood call that RDM. I haven't even given you the opportunity to RP back with me. You're in a corner where there's no way you can get enough RP out to justify your retaliation or to calm the situation down before I act. The moment you begin to say anything remotely hostile you're knocked out or dead. 

Yet that situation is exactly the same as a police member shouting  "Hands up or be tased" repeatedly. It happens all the time and I feel sorry for all the rebels that are subject to it. 

(11.5) You must not abuse your role as an NHS member to assist your friends in any way.

Does this mean that Surgeon's+ can not use their ability to revive their friends at hospitals? Or is it only on active medical duty that this rule is applied? This isn't specified as it simply states 'your role as an NHS member', therefore also applying for when you are playing as a civilian.

(11.5) You must not abuse your role as an NHS member to assist your friends in any way.

Does this mean that Surgeon's+ can not use their ability to revive their friends at hospitals? Or is it only on active medical duty that this rule is applied? This isn't specified as it simply states 'your role as an NHS member', therefore also applying for when you are playing as a civilian.
Of course it only means while on duty as NHS, no logging in specifically as NHS for friends, giving them preference over anyone else etc.

(9.3.4) ARAC Members are not allowed to perform any illegal activities when they are in uniform. It is a purely role-play activity. 

With the update to ARAC I believe it is necessary to allow ARAC members to lockpick cars that are broken down or have been dumped, now I don't know if it will still count as breaking the law (that's for police to decide) but I don't think this should count as a rule break as you need the vehicle unlocked to be able to tow away.  

Rule suggestion: You must have a visible firearm to initiate. 

Meaning you can't stand behind a wall and initiate at people on the other side of the wall, they have to see you with a weapon out before you can initiate. It balances things out a little bit

And: You can initiate as a gang if you all have the same uniform, if your uniforms don't match you have to initiate seperately. 

Situations where a group has different uniforms can be very confusing and this rule would stop confusing situations like that

Rule suggestion: You must have a visible firearm to initiate. 

Meaning you can't stand behind a wall and initiate at people on the other side of the wall, they have to see you with a weapon out before you can initiate. It balances things out a little bit

And: You can initiate as a gang if you all have the same uniform, if your uniforms don't match you have to initiate seperately. 

Situations where a group has different uniforms can be very confusing and this rule would stop confusing situations like that
Please no. Just no. Stop with the word initiation. 5 times you mentioned it, do you even roleplay?

Initiation is not a real thing, it's all about giving high quality roleplay.

Please no. just no. Stop with the word initiation. 5 times you mentioned it, do you even roleplay?

Initiation is not a real thing, it's all about giving high quality roleplay.
So you mean to tell me that it's fine that every gang member has different uniform? How are you supposed to know who is who in a combat situation? And yes, I do roleplay. If you check my statistics you'll see I barely have any kills in the 20-30 hours or so I've been playing here.

Also this is a rule suggestion topic, your comment is completely unecessary and irrelevant. Thought a staff member would know better.

So you mean to tell me that it's fine that every gang member has different uniform? How are you supposed to know who is who in a combat situation? And yes, I do roleplay. If you check my statistics you'll see I barely have any kills in the 20-30 hours or so I've been playing here.

Also this is a rule suggestion topic, your comment is completely unecessary and irrelevant. Thought a staff member would know better.
His comment was not unnecessary and irrelevant, quite the opposite in fact.

Oh and fyi, if you in gunfight, and you see an armed person, the shoot the bastard (If yer sure he's involved)

Here in rpuk we don't have dresscodes (apart from whitelisted factions). A rebel is a free individual who doesn't need mom to tell him what to wear.

Just had a look at the rules and it seems that this rule is outdated: (2.12) NHS Medics -The NHS are here to help and revive people and have less than 10 slots on the 130 slot server. It is a bannable offence to kill a medic, take their vehicle, take them hostage or rob them. In the Redzone medics may be killed however all other rules regarding medics apply. The slot count is incorrect

Also, the way rule 10.7 is formulated strikes me as odd because an unarmed negotiator is not a rank?

Also, the way rule 10.7 is formulated strikes me as odd because an unarmed negotiator is not a rank?
an unarmed negotiator is a role, just like a PCSO. The rule is clear on intent and clear to understand. 

I had an situation where we where in an boat as Police and where in an pursuit of another boat. Due to we where not able to innicate on the suspect on the boat, where because of open water and no aerias for us to get an man of the boat to propperly innicate. Eventually we could innicate by having an officer jump off the boat at low speed to inniciate.

Since all boats exept the submarine are open top veucles, it should be fine rping from the boat itself since in RL you can infact yell at each other in an open boat.

Is that an posibilty of rule change?

Or one can do this as the ATC transmitions for the Police to radio to the boat.

What do you lads think

I had an situation where we where in an boat as Police and where in an pursuit of another boat. Due to we where not able to innicate on the suspect on the boat, where because of open water and no aerias for us to get an man of the boat to propperly innicate. Eventually we could innicate by having an officer jump off the boat at low speed to inniciate.

Since all boats exept the submarine are open top veucles, it should be fine rping from the boat itself since in RL you can infact yell at each other in an open boat.

Is that an posibilty of rule change?

Or one can do this as the ATC transmitions for the Police to radio to the boat.

What do you lads think
Boat chasing Boat is a pain in the ass atm. As all you can do is follow the boat you want to stop. Having a text radio that boats can send to other boats would be a good tool to have. Similar to the ATC system Police and Poseidon has except everyone including NHS and Civilians has access to em.  

Edit: this aint rules feedbac

Back