What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Rules Feedback

If i dont recall wrong power gaming was/is enforced but never been writen down, at least i cant remember it ever been writen down since 2015 so maybe it was in 2014? 😄

Im like 99% sure i've read the word "powergaming" in the rules when i first started playing here

Would like some clarification on something specific.

I pull over a lot of people who are wanted; far too often I am hit with ‘this isn’t my car’ 

However, 9/10 of these people will own a drivers licence. My question is simple; am I allowed to use this licence to assume identification or is that power gaming? 
Personally I never used the drivers license thing to ID, unless they RP they're voluntarily handing it to me (which criminals don't!).  It's not law to carry your DL in the UK and I'm gonna guess wanted civs would't carry it around with them anyway. 

Still, since they're driving a vehicle registered to someone with a warrant, I'll detain them until I can ID them.  It's up to them to prove they're not the wanted suspect rather than me proving they are (up to a point).  I'd say you'd have reasonable suspicion to suspect they are the vehicle owner and you'd be justified to search the vehicle and them (assuming the crime the vehicle owner is wanted for fits the reasons to search policy).  Depending on their attitude / behavior, what the search uncovers, (and my mood 🤣) I may just seize the  vehicle and let them go on their way.  If they're being gobby, disrespectful etc, or I feel they're just abusing the 'it's not my car routine a little too much), It's usually a trip down to the nick whilst we make further attempts to ID the individual.   This time would usually be longer than a jail term, and if at the end of it all they still refuse to ID themselves, you can always do them for no insurance. (Or just leave their crimes intact so they'll have to go through it all again with the next cop 😛). 

tldr:

Good, friendly attitude accompanied with good RP. Have a nice day sir.
Bad attitude, poor RP : You're coming with me, buckle in, it's going to be a long night.

I've been told that driving your vehicle into the ocean during a chase is against server rules due to people being unable to interact with submerged vehicles however, I did some testing and proved that you can still interact submerged vehicles. The only difference between a submerged and a non-submerged vehicle is that you can't drive it unless you sling load it out of the ocean. You can probably lockpick, scrap or impound a vehicle without even needing a rebreather. It just doesn't make sense for it to be against server rules. I myself mostly drive my quadbikes into the ocean whenever I am being chased so I can make for a quick getaway. My intention has never been to stop anyone from stealing or scrapping my quad bike but to get away quickly. Does this mean I will have to park my quadbike by the water and jump in or else I might be reported for combat storing? It just seems ridiculous in my mind. It's not even an exploit that gives you an advantage over others. It's completely realistic as you would have to do the same if someone were to drive their vehicle into the ocean.

I suggest that the consensus be that driving vehicles will not be counted as exploiting or combat storing.

I've been told that driving your vehicle into the ocean during a chase is against server rules due to people being unable to interact with submerged vehicles however, I did some testing and proved that you can still interact submerged vehicles. The only difference between a submerged and a non-submerged vehicle is that you can't drive it unless you sling load it out of the ocean. You can probably lockpick, scrap or impound a vehicle without even needing a rebreather. It just doesn't make sense for it to be against server rules. I myself mostly drive my quadbikes into the ocean whenever I am being chased so I can make for a quick getaway. My intention has never been to stop anyone from stealing or scrapping my quad bike but to get away quickly. Does this mean I will have to park my quadbike by the water and jump in or else I might be reported for combat storing? It just seems ridiculous in my mind. It's not even an exploit that gives you an advantage over others. It's completely realistic as you would have to do the same if someone were to drive their vehicle into the ocean.

I suggest that the consensus be that driving vehicles will not be counted as exploiting or combat storing.
so you're in a prowler I want to steal...... how am I suppose to get it out?

so you're in a prowler I want to steal...... how am I suppose to get it out?
You can sling load it out. Sure, it's harder to do but you won't have to do it if you manage to stop the person before he drives it into the ocean. Also, he'd just be making it easier for it as it means you won't have to chase him.

You can sling load it out. Sure, it's harder to do but you won't have to do it if you manage to stop the person before he drives it into the ocean. Also, he'd just be making it easier for it as it means you won't have to chase him.
I think you're forgetting the part where civs can only slingload police vehicles or their own vehicles which would make them unable to steal the prowler you put into the water. Now I would agree with you to a degree if it was possible to slingload the vehicle out but some vehicles are unable to be slingloaded and some civilians can't afford the Huron to lift certain vehicles. 
This is my opinion and not staff opinion

Last edited by a moderator:
I see the problem with people driving vehicles that are steal-able into the ocean as it makes it impossible for others who can't reach them with a heli or don't have a heli. I just don't want people who's intentions to get away is confused with exploiting or combat storing.

I think that it massively depends on the situation. I use to always drive around in my SUV and if I got into a police chase I couldn’t escape on land then I’d drive into the water and swim away. I’ve never been warned for this and never seen it as a breach of rules. However, there was a time when some friends and I killed a cop to steal a hunter and a PCSO just jumps in it from no where and drives it, while it has no wheels, into the sea to prevent us from stealing it. That I would class as combat storing. Driving into the sea to escape a police chase I wouldn’t class as combat storing, just a creative way of escaping the police.

can't afford the Huron to lift certain vehicles. 
For this part the basic answer would be that’s a you issue. You win some, you lose some.

If you could lift up anything on your keychain rather than just things you own this rule should definitely be altered imo, but until then there isn’t but much which can be done 

I think that it massively depends on the situation. I use to always drive around in my SUV and if I got into a police chase I couldn’t escape on land then I’d drive into the water and swim away. I’ve never been warned for this and never seen it as a breach of rules. However, there was a time when some friends and I killed a cop to steal a hunter and a PCSO just jumps in it from no where and drives it, while it has no wheels, into the sea to prevent us from stealing it. That I would class as combat storing. Driving into the sea to escape a police chase I wouldn’t class as combat storing, just a creative way of escaping the police.
I agree. If they are driving into the ocean to prevent you from stealing their vehicle then it would be combat storing or exploiting, but just using it as a way to escape Police or others is completely valid in my eyes. I had a situation where one cop accused me of combat storing when I drove my quad bike into the sea to escape Police.

(10.7) PCSO’s and unarmed negotiators are not to be taken as hostages. If you find yourself taken as a hostage at these ranks: Inform the person (out of roleplay) that they cannot detain you at this rank. If they don’t release you, you are allowed to log out as a last resort.

In the middle of a hostile situation at RBA International Reserve, a cop rolls up and throws his firearms in the car to make himself untouchable in an active situation. The rule is under Police Rules and thus only applicable to Police, as if civilians aren't negotiating at all? I feel this rule is unfair and there's already a rule covering negotiators for HM Treasury. I think the 'negotiator' part is to be removed from 10.7

(10.7) PCSO’s and unarmed negotiators are not to be taken as hostages. If you find yourself taken as a hostage at these ranks: Inform the person (out of roleplay) that they cannot detain you at this rank. If they don’t release you, you are allowed to log out as a last resort.

In the middle of a hostile situation at RBA International Reserve, a cop rolls up and throws his firearms in the car to make himself untouchable in an active situation. The rule is under Police Rules and thus only applicable to Police, as if civilians aren't negotiating at all? I feel this rule is unfair and there's already a rule covering negotiators for HM Treasury. I think the 'negotiator' part is to be removed from 10.7
I've never heard of an issue other than what you are describing, How was it a hostile situation ?, The only person who is "untouchable" is the officer who is unarmed and actively speaking to the robbers etc

I agree. If they are driving into the ocean to prevent you from stealing their vehicle then it would be combat storing or exploiting, but just using it as a way to escape Police or others is completely valid in my eyes. I had a situation where one cop accused me of combat storing when I drove my quad bike into the sea to escape Police.
Regardless of context, in both situations the same thing is occurring. You're placing a vehicle into the water, making it difficult/impossible to retrieve. You cant condone one, but not the other.

See quote in bold, it doesn't make them untouchable?

If police says hands up or taze/knock down , can i say that my teammates will shoot police. No matter how minimal roleplay has been, if rebel hears those lines, is rebel allowed to say that hes friends will shoot officer.

Lets say whole roleplay has been only hands up or taze and rebel says back hes line and whole cluster fuck starts(Police gets shot after he tazed). Who is getting banned poor roleplay? Rebel or police

If police says hands up or taze/knock down , can i say that my teammates will shoot police. No matter how minimal roleplay has been, if rebel hears those lines, is rebel allowed to say that hes friends will shoot officer.

Lets say whole roleplay has been only hands up or taze and rebel says back hes line and whole cluster fuck starts(Police gets shot after he tazed). Who is getting banned poor roleplay? Rebel or police
Neither would get banned. And by saying about mates it isn’t poor rp. You are just protecting yourself. 

At the end of the day the rules are ensure high quality role play has been given. So as long as you can say you have high quality role play then it doesn’t matter. 

If another party breaks a rule don’t break it yourself. Ie if someone VDMs you don’t shoot them as it could be classed as RDM

At the end of the day the rules are ensure high quality role play has been given. So as long as you can say you have high quality role play then it doesn’t matter. 

If another party breaks a rule don’t break it yourself. Ie if someone VDMs you don’t shoot them as it could be classed as RDM
I am talking about minimal roleplay sadly. Its really rare you find high quality role play(my experience). If people come me with minimal roleplay i want to know what are my limits. 

Back