What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Rules Feedback

situation: someone is robbing Agios bank, Me and a few rebels are there. cops turn up. I initiate (weapons out) tell the cops they will be my hostage.... they start to run towards Agios PD. I keep initiating, they get to the forest outside PD and draw their weapons (its obviously a hostile situation) 

Are cops allowed to flee to BZ given the above situation?

I feel like there is ambiguity between the rules (6.0.1) You must not abuse the boundaries of any marked zone on the map. Using the boundary to troll/taunt or temporarily gain protection is forbidden. and  (6.2.5) Retreating to a blue zone while being engaged in a gunfight is not allowed.

Like surely If im initiating on a cop he cant run to a bz? 

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel this rule needs to change:

[SIZE=medium](10.7) PCSO’s and unarmed negotiators are not to be taken as hostages. If you find yourself taken as a hostage at these ranks: Inform the person (out of roleplay) that they cannot detain you at this rank. If they don’t release you, you are allowed to log out as a last resort. [/SIZE]

to

[SIZE=medium](10.7) Unarmed police negotiators are not to be taken as hostages. If you find yourself taken as a hostage when online as a cop as an unarmed negotiator: Inform the person (out of roleplay) that they cannot detain you due to being an unarmed negotiator. If they don’t release you, you are allowed to log out as a last resort. [/SIZE]

I feel this rule is not fair on associates and the Altis Police should not be afforded this extra level of protection, this rule has also been consistently abused using PCSO's in situations officers were likely to be taken and a lot of the time when officers are taken PCSO's are executed meaning they are getting less roleplay.

I feel this rule needs to change:

[SIZE=medium](10.7) PCSO’s and unarmed negotiators are not to be taken as hostages. If you find yourself taken as a hostage at these ranks: Inform the person (out of roleplay) that they cannot detain you at this rank. If they don’t release you, you are allowed to log out as a last resort. [/SIZE]

to

[SIZE=medium](10.7) Unarmed police negotiators are not to be taken as hostages. If you find yourself taken as a hostage when online as a cop as an unarmed negotiator: Inform the person (out of roleplay) that they cannot detain you at this rank. If they don’t release you, you are allowed to log out as a last resort. [/SIZE]

I feel this rule is not fair on associates and the Altis Police should not be afforded this extra level of protection, this rule has also been consistently abused using PCSO's in situations officers were likely to be taken and a lot of the time when officers are taken PCSO's are executed meaning they are getting less roleplay.
so you just want to kidnap my pcso's ); 

I get what you mean, when i was a pcso a few of the people that i patrolled with got kidnapped, and i either just got left forcing me to go to the nearest pd and wait, or i was ziptied, robbed for my weapons, and then let go or shot by the peopl ethat kidnapped my fellow officers, just ruining my patrol as i have to wait either way for the other officer(s) to come back so we can continue

so you just want to kidnap my pcso's ); 

I get what you mean, when i was a pcso a few of the people that i patrolled with got kidnapped, and i either just got left forcing me to go to the nearest pd and wait, or i was ziptied, robbed for my weapons, and then let go or shot by the peopl ethat kidnapped my fellow officers, just ruining my patrol as i have to wait either way for the other officer(s) to come back so we can continue
Associates are not afforded this protection and rebel life has been relatively dead for a long time. I see this rule as rather obsolete.

Associates are not afforded this protection and rebel life has been relatively dead for a long time. I see this rule as rather obsolete.
nah i agree, it should be the same for either faction, or it just shouldn't be one, as both ranks (associates and pcso's) are there to learn

PCSO’s are afforded the protection because they are still in training. But I feel if they are armed, they should be as at risk as anyone else to hostage taking. 

PCSO’s are afforded the protection because they are still in training. But I feel if they are armed, they should be as at risk as anyone else to hostage taking. 
in other words, the rule should only apply for tier 1's?

in other words, the rule should only apply for tier 1's?
Not necessarily. Simply if the PCSO is armed. Many do use weapons in fights etc, so after the fight of downed they should still be allowed to be taken if they have a weapon. Unarmed PCSO cannot be taken, armed can be is the best way to do this, as you have to remeber that associated are always armed 

Not necessarily. Simply if the PCSO is armed. Many do use weapons in fights etc, so after the fight of downed they should still be allowed to be taken if they have a weapon. Unarmed PCSO cannot be taken, armed can be is the best way to do this, as you have to remeber that associated are always armed 
oh yea, that's true, they are allowed to use weapons if they have taken them from a rebel that they arrested. i can agree with armed pcso's be it tier 2 or just because they got it from a rebel that they caught can be kidnapped as they entered the situation with a gun hence they should be seen as a ppc during and a bit after said situation 

bring back the rank off cso and make it so only cso's cant be taken hostage
don't really see a reason, as i assume the same rules applied when it came to arresting someone during combat to take their weapon for self defense, just keep it pcso but make it so if a pcso is armed, they can be taken hostage

Rules above have been discussed in todays rulesmeeting. Pay attention to the rules changelog for information.

Introduce a rule regarding the ‘remove weapons’ feature.

it was my understanding that this feature was introduced as a way for officers without DLC to confiscate weapons and used only as a last resort (at the pd) as an alternative to transferring weapons to the box and emptying that. Not to be used away from BZ’s to give officers an unfair advantage or to accommodate their laziness.

it’s a feature that is often abused, and creates unfair and unrealistic situations in which weapons can just disappear into thin air. I figured doing this would fall under the common sense rule, but apparently there is nothing except ‘police guidelines’ for its use. Which pretty much don’t mean squat. 

Edit: upon further investigation, it doesn't even appear to be detailed in the police rules and guidelines

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1N2sQ1Pw9AEUmY9roNlsLdhVs4coUuh6ta5bdmdPCSSw/edit

Adding on from what is said above by YoCo, how exactly are you meant to report this fail RP and abuse of whitelisted powers? If staff suddenly no longer see this as a rulebreak and there's no internal police rule about it then what are you supposed to do? Just deal with it? Would you enjoy having your weapons deleted by lazy cops with absolutely no way for you to retrieve them now? I'm pretty sure abuse of this feature used to be a bannable offence and it should only ever be used if you didn't have the dlc to take a weapon or it was bugged, but at the BZ only. Why has this changed to become acceptable?

it's a fair point, it really should only be used in a BZ if you don't have the required dlc for said firearm, it shouldn't really just be used to make the weapons dissapear because you're a tad bit lazy and don't want to wait with getting rid of it till' when you get back to a police station.

don't know if it's possible, but maybe make so you can only use it in BZ, don't know if that's possible but worth the shout i suppose

it's a fair point, it really should only be used in a BZ if you don't have the required dlc for said firearm, it shouldn't really just be used to make the weapons dissapear because you're a tad bit lazy and don't want to wait with getting rid of it till' when you get back to a police station.

don't know if it's possible, but maybe make so you can only use it in BZ, don't know if that's possible but worth the shout i suppose
Should be possible they did the same to scrapping

Minor spelling/typo

GTA Rules
(G2.8) OOC Help - OOC chat is for help only, extended OOC interactions are forbidd/en.

Would it also be possible for this page to be hyperlinked at the footer/bottom of both rules pages? Unless you check the news/announcements section it is somewhat 'difficult' to find.

(4.1) Using out of game information to influence the course of roleplay is considered metagaming and punishable by a ban, In character forum posts are considered in game information

Does metagame not apply to factions removing people? (Genuine question) 

(4.1) Using out of game information to influence the course of roleplay is considered metagaming and punishable by a ban, In character forum posts are considered in game information

Does metagame not apply to factions removing people? (Genuine question) 
removing people?

removing people?
As in ‘you’ve been caught playing rebel, you are kicked from the police’

when being “caught” means using sidechat in game, using teamspeak channels, using battle metrics. Etc etc. None of which are found within RP but are used to enforce RP punishments.

Back