What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Running and talking

Danish

Roleplayer of The Month till 2020
Investor
Lifetime Donator
Donator
So I've seen people talk while running in game, but whenever I do it my mic wont activate. I can only walk and talk. Any clue why?

Pretty sure it interferes with running, do you have any mouse buttons? I use Mouse Button 4 and it doesn't affect me.
I do, I'll try it when I get the chance. Thank you Saul you hobo.

I am experiencing this issue. came to find out it has to do with your keyboard depending on your keyboard you can use caps lock while running im still working on a substitute for it though but if you have a different keyboard try using it see if it works

@Danish What keyboard you using? I used to have the same issue then I got a new keyboard and bang... Now I can yell stop or be tazed while running!

@Danish What keyboard you using? I used to have the same issue then I got a new keyboard and bang... Now I can yell stop or be tazed while running!
It's a HP classic keyboard. It's not the best, but I've been using it since childhood, so it's the only keyboard I'm used to.

"Ghosting" is the problem that some keyboard keys don't work when multiple keys are pressed simultaneously.

"Ghosting" is the problem that some keyboard keys don't work when multiple keys are pressed simultaneously.
yea that s the issue , on some keyboards if you press more buttons at the same time some of them may not work.

It's a HP classic keyboard. It's not the best, but I've been using it since childhood, so it's the only keyboard I'm used to.

There's your answer, might also be why you crash so much xd.

My advice is to get a better keyboard such as Corsair or go stereotypical and get a razor..

#teamcorsair

Last edited by a moderator:
Other people answered already what I was along the same lines:
You need a keyboard that has Key Rollover. 

Cheaper or basic keyboards hit a limit how many keys can be pressed at the same time, or used shared 'channels' (for a lack of a better term) to register keystrokes so SOME combinations cant be used. Like shift and capslock, as the keyboard makers of cheaper keyboards assume no one will hold them both at the same time to type.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOkV9BalNcw

Last edited by a moderator:
Back