What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Sea Treasure Hunts.

LiK

Staff Team
Staff Team
Brief Summary:

Lost treasures far away deep in the seas, need to get drilled, carried to a boat, then to a "treasurer" of a kind, then to a location to sell/launder the money

Detailed Suggestion:

As we all know currently there's not really a reason to have a boat to go to sea and that would make another addition to making money, but with a risk.

The steps are something I thought about but obviously can be changed and be made harder and adjusted.

1. You will need to go hack a computer in one out of two locations which will show you the whereabouts of a boat afloat or submerged (until you hack you can not interact with it or gives less valuables)

2. You will need diving gear and a Drill to be able to get into said boat or whatever it going to be (addition of diving gear use and ways to get it)

3. at this point, Police will be notified there was a boat that has been taken over/crashed and they will be on the look out and search for it (NO LOCATION PROVIDED TO THE POLICE)

4. you will need to take the items from the boat into your own vehicles (boats) however you can only Carry one (1) at a time and only one (1) can fit per vehicle and therefore will require people to work together (easier to spot as well) with a limit of like 5 items there.

5. get to the appraiser who will give either the amount it will be worth and need to get it to a place that will do the "trade" or he will pay for it in dirty money, after which you will need to launder it somewhere. (total payout should not be anything crazy)

The Pros:

1.something to do at sea

2.use for boats other than fishing which people don't really take boats to do anyways.

3.another activity for both Police and Criminals

The Cons:

1.more work for devs

2.needs to be balanced in a fair way to not be paying too much, or more risk added (needs thoughts)

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

might do a bit, unsure, but it is more "money" and will be easier for bigger groups of people

I agree there defenitly needs to be more stuff done in the sea and also ends up giving more of a point to owning a boat.

not giving police a location but get told that a boat is being broken into sounds backwards in my opinion and makes it very one sided for criminals without a location police will never find it or not find it in time as the ocean is massive and criminals may already have processed the treasure already there is no risk to this for criminals from what i can understand apart from that something is happening in however big the ocean is. 

a good substitute would be on this suggestion HMS charles treasury yacht similar idea but both equally challenging for both police and criminals although it will be end game achievement 

not giving police a location but get told that a boat is being broken into sounds backwards in my opinion and makes it very one sided for criminals without a location police will never find it or not find it in time as the ocean is massive and criminals may already have processed the treasure already there is no risk to this for criminals from what i can understand apart from that something is happening in however big the ocean is. 

a good substitute would be on this suggestion HMS charles treasury yacht similar idea but both equally challenging for both police and criminals although it will be end game achievement 
as I said, give  different ideas and adjustments, can be a general area but not pin point, can be the exact area as if you are quick enough you can get away anyways, all just depends on how it will be balanced out.

but I do agree it shouldn't be easy on Civs/Criminals.

I think Giving a location to police when the boats are broken into is a decent way to go around it

I think this should almost be like a civ activity. If you have a boat and can buy diving gear from a shop, and you would have to go to some extent to find a treasure map in a radius location (like fishing) then you would have to go to another location to dive to find something. This also opens the chance to have multiple treasure hunters at work, working together or even then turning against each other. This would also give the police a chance to do some boat patrols!

Back