What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Separate the Fire service from the NHS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slawek

Some Hobo
Staff Team
Los Santos Police Senior
Brief Summary: Separate Fire from NHS. Make it it’s own faction rather them being kinda one faction.

Detailed Suggestion: 
Let me just start this off that i love what the dev team have done with the fire service. Honestly taking part in the test was a great experience and very enjoyable. Their work is much appreciated and we all know that they put a lot of hours into this. This suggestion is just how i feel about how the Fire and NHS will be run. So, again, devs, much love for your work, but this is something that i feel would improve everyone’s experience with Fire. 

So, honestly this came to my mind way back when at the start of the Fire test, but i wanted to wait until fire is officially announced until i suggest it so everyone knows “what’s up”. So right now if you wish to join the fire service you have to go through the ECA stage within the NHS and get promoted. To me not only does that not make sense but it also is just wasting everyone’s time. Fire roleplay is completely different then NHS so the experience someone gains as an ECA is just useless (well, except the few scenarios when there will be no fires happening so Fire will help out with NHS dispatches). This means people who want to join Fire have to go through at least 2 weeks of playing as a faction they have no intention being a part of. If this was only 2 weeks then it wouldn't be too much of an issue, but we all know how promotions within NHS look. I’ll give my personal example. I’ve been in the NHS since 15/05/2022. Within that time i’ve been generally active. I’ve done the feedback patrol that i need to do to get promoted. So what’s the reason i’m not promoted yet? Well, there is a test that needs to be done and the NHS training team have to reach out themselves to trainees to do it. I’ve been waiting for that test since 28/05 and no one bothered to reach out and i know i’m not alone in being stuck at ECA through no fault of my own. This just leads to a lot of frustration, i have no intention of being part of NHS yet i have to still grind out hours to stay active and hope someone reaches out. Now what would happen if NHS and Fire were 2 seperate things? Firstly i would not have to go through the ECA grind, i would instantly get to do what i want to do rather then being forced to do NHS stuff. Also NHS T&R say they are overworked. Well, not surprising considering NHS command are forcing them to run recruitment, feedback patrols and those tests for basically two factions. If Fire was separate not only would ppl wanting to join it save time but so would the NHS T&R team. This would also allow them to focus more on the people they are training as they would not have as many people to deal with and they would know that everyone they deal with wants to be NHS and is not being forced to do it. I’ve already heard NHS T&R folk complain that they have to waste their time working with those who want to join Fire yet it leads to nothing for the NHS.

TL:DR - If NHS and Fire are separate factions it will save time for both NHS trainees and trainers. Right now if someone wants to be fire he has to go through the full “trial” NHS stage for no reason.

The Pros:
- People wanting to join Fire will not have to waste their time going through NHS training stage and working to get promoted.
 -NHS training team will have less work to do as they will not have to deal with people who want to go for fire. Not only will waiting times go down   for NHS training stuff but they will be able to focus more on the trainees, allowing them to better prepare them for being a part of NHS.

The Cons:
- Dev work
- Likely going to annoy people who for a reason unknown to me want to be in charge of both, not recognising that it’s only going to cause issues in the long run.

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?
I guess it does as it messes with factions. But i don’t think anyone will be impacted personally, except those few who want to be important in both Fire and NHS.

*insert the usual "this is my opinion and no the opinion of the staff team as a whole" thing*

I 100% agree fire and NHS should be separate makes sense and like you said frees up NHS recruitment team for their own staff that want to be NHS 

Deliberate desicion to drive people into the NHS. People who only want to do fire are going to have to help the NHS before being able to do that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back