What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Server 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabster

So before anyone shoots me or wants to kill me this is JUST A QUESTION

I know the community is anti mods and hates having the second server up

BUT I want to ask this just out of curiosity right, so server one is really busy and does not require any mods at all

I have 2 Questions 

1) Has Task force radio ever been tried out ?

2) Would it be possible to run the second server with Task force radio only as test / trial 

Keep in mind you can enable and disable task force radio in teamspeak with out any issues, its a small mod that's easy to install with many "how to" videos about it and how to install it

I personally love it and think it will be beneficial in many ways

Please dont hurt me for my curiosity xD

Last edited by a moderator:
TFR is a great addition (Apart from recently being buggy and crashing ts). But you have to think. Does the current system work? Yes, Is there any issues with the current system? Not really.

Having TFR means that everyone has to be on TS to play the server,  Has to have TFR and for new people to join the server they need to know what it and how to install it.

It would benefit the voice system massively as Arma VOIP is shoddy, however if you are gonna mod the voice system you might as well go the full 9 yards, and that has been made clear it is a no. Issue with 2 servers is it will split the community potentially and servers become Grind servers. Most experienced players will go to the test server with TFR and that would leave new players/hobos on server with Arma VOIP and it would most likely be a grind server. I don't think it could be done well.

TFR is a great addition (Apart from recently being buggy and crashing ts). But you have to think. Does the current system work? Yes, Is there any issues with the current system? Not really.

Having TFR means that everyone has to be on TS to play the server,  Has to have TFR and for new people to join the server they need to know what it and how to install it.
I understand your point of view

As for new people, I mentioned there are many tutorials on:

• How to install
  • How to use
  • And what it is
The Current system is working yes, however there are some flaws:

1. Current system
    1.1) When taking coms people can still talk to their friends which is the case
  2. TFR
    2.1) When coms are taken , coms are gone and you can only talk in your immediate area
I personally will be more than willing to help new players in regards with this

And this is to test it out as a trial on server 2, as far as I know server 2 is not being used, so we can run 2 servers, Server 1as it currently is and server 2 with TFR

It would benefit the voice system massively as Arma VOIP is shoddy, however if you are gonna mod the voice system you might as well go the full 9 yards, and that has been made clear it is a no. Issue with 2 servers is it will split the community potentially and servers become Grind servers. Most experienced players will go to the test server with TFR and that would leave new players/hobos on server with Arma VOIP and it would most likely be a grind server. I don't think it could be done well.
To stop this from happening you unlink server 1 and 2 from each other where they have their own databases, so whatever you do on server 1 will not reflect on server 2 and vice versa

To stop this from happening you unlink server 1 and 2 from each other where they have their own databases, so whatever you do on server 1 will not reflect on server 2 and vice versa
Would still cause issues of the community splitting, similar issues as to what occured with Tanoa. 

The Current system is working yes, however there are some flaws:

1. Current system
     1.1) When taking coms people can still talk to their friends which is the case
  2.  TFR
    2.1) When coms are taken , coms are gone and you can only talk in your immediate area
 I personally will be more than willing to help new players in regards with this
The thing is people aren't going to join if they have to go through the website to see all the mods needed before joining. Most people play on the server then join forums etc, not the other way around and if an Altis life server only Mods the voice it will turn new players away. People who are going to mod their game for a server will not do only TFR, they would go pure stock Arma(Like currently) or they go to a fully modded server. The reason why not many/any life servers have TFR running is because it will kill of the player base and less people are going to join it. 

Good Modded life servers gain a playerbase because they normally require white listing and have a big fuss made of them as there aren't many good ones around. However partially modding Altis life I do not see anything good coming from it. They wouldn't be as many new players and so the growth of the server would deteriorate.

Good Modded life servers gain a playerbase because they normally require white listing and have a big fuss made of them as there aren't many good ones around. However partially modding Altis life I do not see anything good coming from it. They wouldn't be as many new players and so the growth of the server would deteriorate.
You realize I'm asking this for server 2 and not server 1 ?

With this said im not saying install a ton of mods on server 2, im just asking for TFR as the server is really decent and good with the current content and scripts

Would still cause issues of the community splitting, similar issues as to what occured with Tanoa. 
The server 1 is 90 % of the time full even during weekdays, however if it becomes the case where things are splitting up the management team can just shut down server2

No... We won't have any mods, we won't have TFR. Management have already stated that any kind of mods, big or small, won't be tried out as it divides the community and has been the biggest contributer to other communities dying out (dividing their community that is).

I love TFR as much as everyone else, but it's not a possibility I'm afraid.

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back