What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Significantly Increase Prison Sentences for Certain Crimes

Slop

Brief Summary:

Lock criminals up for longer.

Detailed Suggestion:

It is expected that Police and Gruppe Sechs operate within the confines of legislation, engaging in a risk based fashion and targetting threats where there is a strong basis to do so. In large group/gang engagements often the burden of proof and the number on people engaging means many criminals escape justice. 

For the few who are then captured, sentences rarely exceed 720 months, and often are a fraction of this.

The implication (I argue) to this is there low risk of capture, and the relatively minimal impact (go play and alt then have a RL sleep) is that same people engage in the same activities night-on-night; along side the perceived lack of other gang activities this leaves the Police facing a constantly loosing battle.

a.) I'm suggesting therefore that those who attack Government Owned buildings (including those operated by contractors), or G6 HQ (attack the money transport on route damnit campers) have sentences that extend for upto 3 RL days.

b.) I'd also argue attacking a police officer should have a longer sentence but imagine this issue to be further contentious that the aboce.

The Pros:

Criminals are unable to commit further crimes for longer.

The Cons:

Criminals are unable to commit further crimes for longer.

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ? Yes

erm, can a mod change title to say 'increase' rather than 'reduce' ... need more caffeine this morning.

• Upto 720 months / 12 hours - Police Constables +
  • Upto 1440 months / 24 hours - Police Sergeants +
  • Upto 2880 months / 48 hours - Police Inspectors  +
  • Upto 3600 months / 72 hours - Police Superintendent +
  • Above 3600 months / 72 hours+ - Court Decision 
  • Indefinite Imprisonment / Life (until appealed) - Court Decision with Management/Dev Lead approval and backing
I 100% agree with what Norman has sent in here, it is gonna make stuff better as a random police constable won't send you to prison for a long time, I agree with this part of the suggestion.

Some people were saying that they won't have enough time or they will be stopped from playing, it is quite simple, don't attack the PD or attack prison, it doesn't make a lot of sense, A street gang should not be able to attack a high security prison and then expect no consequences same goes for the PD, if you don't want to spend a long time in prison then don't attack the PD and Prison? Most of this suggestion is about stuff like that. It is also not hard to murder someone and get away with it, you just need to play your cards right and you will be all good. For the past few days there has been a lot of stuff happening for police which demotivates them from playing and ruins the fun, remember we all come here to play a game and roleplay not to come on just for a few gun fights and then head back to sleep and call it a good night. I doubt getting arrested for carrying a gun will get you in prison for a day or 2 days, it will depend on the offences you have commit and how compliant you are. Anyways these were few points that I wanted to add up here due to the amount of things that has happened in past few days for legal side of the server.

Don't know how I feel about this tbh. All it takes is one cop having a bad day or being a dickhead to give you max sentence just because he felt like it at the time. I've had a 50/50 experience with cops and I've been stopped A LOT.

We broke into prison one time, 6 people got caught including me and the rest got away. We were being processed by 3 different officers at the time. Nobody was resisting arrest, all of us had no guns on us at the time and they had no proof that any of us arrested were shooting at them since we all had the same clothing. 4 people went free and the officer that processed me and the other guy, gave me 280 months and the other guy 60 months for the exact same offence.

The guy that got 60 months literally said to me "fuck that I ain't gonna RP over this, just let me go to prison and do my time". I gave the officer a story, told him how I got there just to defend myself since no lawyers were around etc, I took up 5-10 minutes of his life. He completely ignored me brought me down to prison and just gave me a sentence for "talking to him" (or that's what it felt like at the time). 

Giving them the power to imprison someone for more than a day feels like a "ban" in my eyes. I don't agree with that at all. 

Don't know how I feel about this tbh. All it takes is one cop having a bad day or being a dickhead to give you max sentence just because he felt like it at the time. I've had a 50/50 experience with cops and I've been stopped A LOT.

We broke into prison one time, 6 people got caught including me and the rest got away. We were being processed by 3 different officers at the time. Nobody was resisting arrest, all of us had no guns on us at the time and they had no proof that any of us arrested were shooting at them since we all had the same clothing. 4 people went free and the officer that processed me and the other guy, gave me 280 months and the other guy 60 months for the exact same offence.

The guy that got 60 months literally said to me "fuck that I ain't gonna RP over this, just let me go to prison and do my time". I gave the officer a story, told him how I got there just to defend myself since no lawyers were around etc, I took up 5-10 minutes of his life. He completely ignored me brought me down to prison and just gave me a sentence for "talking to him" (or that's what it felt like at the time). 

Giving them the power to imprison someone for more than a day feels like a "ban" in my eyes. I don't agree with that at all. 
Sounds like in that case it's the cop that needs a strong talking to. That's just my opinion though

You know you will never run out of funds.
Gruppe 6 is a penny pinching organisation lead by the miserly @Shuttle - It would be wrong to think the fund is either as generous or has a government bond on it like the Police one.

I am like others of mixed opinion.

The impact some crimes can have on some people aren't necessarily weighed up in the punishment. I think one good example is as said earlier. You spend your night committing crime, on the run. As your night comes to an end and you are sent to jail for 720 months. You go to sleep, wake up, brush your teeth, shower, walk your dog and you're back playing again on your way out of jail. Yet, if you've killed someone and they've lost £100k worth of stuff (as an example), that's effort they've lost and not able to get back by going to sleep.

On the other hand I also agree that you don't necessarily want to sit in a prison for what could be a lot of time. But crime has to hold a particular amount of risk, and I think the point being made is what is currently on offer is not sufficient deterrent to completing significant amount of crime. Is there a difference currently with killing 3 people over 2 people, for example?

If you're someone who can play 5 days a week all day compared to someone who can only play 2 evenings a week, time holds different value. I get it. Some weeks I can be on quite a bit, other times my shift pattern sees me working so much I take 4-5 days away. 

One thought I had is if time offline could tick down half as quick. That way you can still serve time offline, but time spent online does go down quicker?

One thought I had is if time offline could tick down half as quick. That way you can still serve time offline, but time spent online does go down quicker?
I like the idea of online timer reduction. I have an alternative suggestion (if even possible);
tasks in prison that makes the time go down quicker. Else we'll end up with a prison full of afk people clogging up the queue. If they have to actively do things to get out of prison quicker, at least they get a sense of "this is actually a bit of a pain in the ass"

I like the idea of online timer reduction. I have an alternative suggestion (if even possible);
tasks in prison that makes the time go down quicker. Else we'll end up with a prison full of afk people clogging up the queue. If they have to actively do things to get out of prison quicker, at least they get a sense of "this is actually a bit of a pain in the ass"

Prison does have one task that reduces time already, but it's capped so only brings it down so far.

My thoughts on this are bit of a mix tbh. Like I understand what you mean but at the moment I think if we want something like this implemented Police really should not go in Gang Areas unless there is a big RP reason .

Like if the cops come up in a gang area in real life they are going to get shot at so if increasing the prison time is something that should go trough it should also add some more restriction to the police.

I have noticed in multiple RP scenarios that the police is often Triger hungry which is understandable some times but in real life if you got a hostage on a gun point don't think the cops would start/use the fire arms.

I also am of opinion that a lot of people enjoy the crime side of the city which at the moment is not much you can do. This is causing a lot of people to just simply rob cops etc 

These are just my thoughts not pointed in any direction and not intended to upset anyone 🙂

I have noticed in multiple RP scenarios that the police is often Triger hungry which is understandable some times but in real life if you got a hostage on a gun point don't think the cops would start/use the fire arms.
In real life the police station would likely not be besieged either...but you know, potato tomato
Just saying that the OTT violence comes from both sides

Just to elaborate on the whole "two sides of the same coin"
One reason I think the punishment for certain crimes has to be increased:
Went to the turtle fishing spot after the 8pm storm and overheard 3 gentlemen actively talking about hoping the cops show up so that they can rob him.
Committing crimes against the cops should be the last thing crims should be considering. It completely undermines the whole point of having cops in the first place.

If crims don't fear police to the point where they HOPE cops show up because it's actually beneficial for them.. something really is rotten in the state of Denmark

I am new to this FiveM "thing" but I am under the impression you don't need to be on the server to serve the time. This being said it has been brought up previously but a large chunk of people cant play much in the week and weekends one of the only times they can. Lets say someone gets home on Friday hops on and gets sentenced for 3600 months, that's the weekend gone and all the time they planned to spend on the server out the window. This is basically punishing people for roleplaying on a roleplay server. 3 days is ridiculously over the top and isn't going to benefit anyone other than the short high the police get after locking someone up for 3 WHOLE days.

I am new to this FiveM "thing" but I am under the impression you don't need to be on the server to serve the time. This being said it has been brought up previously but a large chunk of people cant play much in the week and weekends one of the only times they can. Lets say someone gets home on Friday hops on and gets sentenced for 3600 months, that's the weekend gone and all the time they planned to spend on the server out the window. This is basically punishing people for roleplaying on a roleplay server. 3 days is ridiculously over the top and isn't going to benefit anyone other than the short high the police get after locking someone up for 3 WHOLE days.
So how do you 'fairly' punish people for more serious crimes, so that you can't rob a handful of people, kill a couple of cops and be out of jail in 12 hours time thus potentially not actually serving any time? 

I don't disagree with your point. But there are some people who don't fear getting arrested knowing that at the end of the night they can get taken to prison and go to bed knowing they'll be out of jail the next day with little to no time actually required to be spent in jail. That's really no different to me in my legal character going home and logging off - no consequences. To me that just seems a little too easy.

So how do you 'fairly' punish people for more serious crimes, so that you can't rob a handful of people, kill a couple of cops and be out of jail in 12 hours time thus potentially not actually serving any time? 

I don't disagree with your point. But there are some people who don't fear getting arrested knowing that at the end of the night they can get taken to prison and go to bed knowing they'll be out of jail the next day with little to no time actually required to be spent in jail. That's really no different to me in my legal character going home and logging off - no consequences. To me that just seems a little too easy.
You bring them to court? Grove members got life through the court system so I don't see why the person who constantly breaks the law shouldn't be sent to court..

You bring them to court? Grove members got life through the court system so I don't see why the person who constantly breaks the law shouldn't be sent to court..
Sure, but can the police/courts keep up with the workload if that is the case?

Then they go to court and what's the punishment? Longer jail time - thus goes against the point of not wanting 3 days in prison.

I don't know how many court cases there are per week. More people can always be hired if they can't keep up. 

The entire problem I had with officers being given the ability to imprison someone for more than day, comes down to them having a bad day or not giving a fuck and sending someone to prison for too long.

If the person in the system has x number offences committed and based on the severity, that person then can be taken to court to be given a longer sentence, the court case doesn't have to last half an hour. They go in look at the charges and repeated offences, and based off of that they get given the sentence (10 mins max per person, even less). There can be a scheduled day (or two depending on how naughty the people are) for the court and have all of them sorted in one day. 

Obviously going to court is a bigger RP scenario than just being sent straight to prison from the PD. If the person doesn't show up (is evading court) issue a warrant sweep him off the streets and select 1 or 2 higher ups in the police to have the ability to sentence him for longer periods of time if the whole situation goes this far. 

deserved think smart not dumb don't commit a big crime Friday. Do what you need commit the crime sunday

if you're that sad you start robbing cops as soon as they get on Friday and get jailed Then for 3 days cops have such a better weekend not being robbed from same guy

But your goal is to make people "fear" the police to at least the point in which they arnt robbing them 24/7 however it confuses me a little bit on why you guys don't want people to create these scenarios which 1. gives you something to do and 2. at the end of the day roleplay is roleplay and I will link back to my previous point why do you want to punish people for roleplaying so much? They are keeping within server rules so why they shouldn't be able to play on the server for up to 3 days is ridiculous, look sure maybe something needs to be done but a 3 day sentence isnt it.

My goal really was to suggest something that stops or strongly discourages things like the gang that attacked MRPD yesterday because a prospect got a 60 month sentence. The 'attack MRPD/Prison cos we can' mentality.

Back