What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Significantly Increase Prison Sentences for Certain Crimes

Slop

Brief Summary:

Lock criminals up for longer.

Detailed Suggestion:

It is expected that Police and Gruppe Sechs operate within the confines of legislation, engaging in a risk based fashion and targetting threats where there is a strong basis to do so. In large group/gang engagements often the burden of proof and the number on people engaging means many criminals escape justice. 

For the few who are then captured, sentences rarely exceed 720 months, and often are a fraction of this.

The implication (I argue) to this is there low risk of capture, and the relatively minimal impact (go play and alt then have a RL sleep) is that same people engage in the same activities night-on-night; along side the perceived lack of other gang activities this leaves the Police facing a constantly loosing battle.

a.) I'm suggesting therefore that those who attack Government Owned buildings (including those operated by contractors), or G6 HQ (attack the money transport on route damnit campers) have sentences that extend for upto 3 RL days.

b.) I'd also argue attacking a police officer should have a longer sentence but imagine this issue to be further contentious that the aboce.

The Pros:

Criminals are unable to commit further crimes for longer.

The Cons:

Criminals are unable to commit further crimes for longer.

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ? Yes

erm, can a mod change title to say 'increase' rather than 'reduce' ... need more caffeine this morning.

But your goal is to make people "fear" the police to at least the point in which they arnt robbing them 24/7 however it confuses me a little bit on why you guys don't want people to create these scenarios which 1. gives you something to do and 2. at the end of the day roleplay is roleplay and I will link back to my previous point why do you want to punish people for roleplaying so much? They are keeping within server rules so why they shouldn't be able to play on the server for up to 3 days is ridiculous, look sure maybe something needs to be done but a 3 day sentence isnt it.
Because right now (and I'm going to combine your last two posts, so this includes the "weekend gone" post)
As for the "things to do". It gives crims things to do, being reapetedly killed/robbed isn't a "thing to do" for cops.
As for "roleplaying so much", if the only thing you can come up with as a roleplay scenario is murder, you're doing RP wrong.

Cops wake up in the city, go on patrol, run into some crims who either rob or kill them because cops have to go through escalation before defending themselves with lethal force and are always outnumbered.
 Because they die there are no reprecussions (because they can't remember and the bodycam footage is gone). So they get back in, go on patrol, run into some crims, rinse, repeat.
I watched FragStar's stream, and in the hour-hour and a half I watched it, he had like 5 calls of one or more cops having been stabbed or shot as if it was just a normal day at the job

As for the "weekend gone", there's a solution: 
-Don't go on a murderous killing spree/assault a police station every Friday night

Serious crimes isn't necessarily "rob a store"; we're talking cop killing, mass murder, several crimes in short succession type stuff. If you get caught atm and get 60-80 months, you go take a shit and make some food, then come back and do the same thing again only this time you might not get caught.
You can be a gang member/criminal WITHOUT committing genocide.
See it this way, without some serious time behind bars, there is absolutely nothing that stops crims from killing cops who never stand a chance because they have a stricter RP chain of events before they get to defend themselves. They're always outnumbered in situations like that, so they stand no chance.
Other cities have punishments where if you get caught killing cops, you get a (for example) search on sight, you've gotten so deep into the criminal world that the cops know who you are. 
It means that if you get caught carrying a firearm, you might be sent to jail, so you don't get crims waving handguns around because it's a big risk.

Firearms should be something you bring out when you have intent to commit a crime, it's not a keychain

(I may have repeated myself in this post, If I got off on a bit of a tangent, sorry)

Basically, like Slop said:
Crims right now commit serious crimes "because they can", because they KNOW they'll get a short sentence, they know exactly what they risk, and they see it as "no big deal, we'll handle that IF we get caught"

Last edited by a moderator:
They are keeping within server rules so why they shouldn't be able to play on the server for up to 3 days is ridiculous
1 they can rp in prison

2 they can make a 2nd criminal 

3 they can rp on another character as a legal citizen 

3.5 the best criminals who get locked away have legal characters too

Back