What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Some Changes have to be made

Paru

Los Santos Police
Los Santos Police
This post won't really follow the "traditional" formatting and I apologise in advance for that y'all!

So some things i've noticed since starting to actively play again, these will be broken down in segments to hopefully make the outlined issues a bit clearer, again these are changes I feel need to occur based on my experiences within RPUK since 2021 (Granted, majority of my time has been as a cop main or a civ/small time crim main)

- Gunplay

As is stands at the moment a lot of groups (Yes including Police until very recently with new, stricter changes) focus a lot on Gunplay, credit and grants given where due, firearms are definitely fine to own/use as long as they are used spareingly and as a last resort, it always seems to be the first resort for most situations that have unfolded recently this shouldn't be the case in my eyes however this is a mentality change that needs to change.

- Roleplay Standards

There is a pretty clear cut standard set by the great Staff Team here and I feel as though it is starting to slip more and more and that's not just new players, veteran players of the server have also been slipping down a slidey slope of offering Poor Quality Roleplay.

- Random Robbing

This is a BIG one that i've noticed, there are groups going around random robbing people, granted this wouldn't be such a bad thing IF they provided high quality Roleplay with it instead of the usual bollocks of "Hands now, don't touch your panic drop all your stuff", it's boring, it's repetetive and it's only fun for one side.

Now onto my actual suggestions for combatting some of these and other unlisted issues.

- Whitelisting

This is a big one and one that I know the idea had been toyed with before, but I feel as though a 5 question application would be more than sufficient to root out the poor/low quality players from those that are here for the right reasons. Some questions you may ask me is "Who would sift through these applications and approve or deny them?" To which I respond - A dedicated hand picked team of trusted players from RPUK that have proven to not only provide great Roleplay but have also shown their worth to the community.

- Server Wipe

This one may result in some negative comments and i'll happily address each one as they come but I do feel as though a lot of players have reached their end with regards to cash flow, I propose a full wipe of the servers economy, characters etc, this will allow for a fully fresh start for players to rebuild their characters, rebuild their RP friendships and relationships and also allow the Dev Team to remove the IRL vehicles that remain in the server, I see very few downsides to this aside from the odd moan about requiring to grind their way to the top again.

- Fresh Content

The players have recently spoken about how they would love to see fresh content on the server, whether that be jobs, crim activities or other great things to keep players busy with their friends, this task isn't the easiest and I know that as mentioned below, but it's something to definitely keep in mind should the wipe go ahead, it'll keep players engaged within the server and hopefully help retain players a bit more, perhaps even cycle the jobs around per restart, for example Taxi work and Mechanic work from 2pm till 6pm then maybe allow chopping, Transport and other jobs from 6pm until the following morning, it's all about keep things fresh.

I know that this is a rather large undertaking from the relatively small dev team (When comparing Devs to player ratio that is)

I appreciate any of y'all that have taken the time to read this suggestion and of course, thoughts and additions are more than welcome, I much like most if not all of you, don't want to see RPUK continue on this slippery downward slow and want to bring RPUK back to it's prime, when things were amazing, when RP was plentiful and when things just... made sense ya know? Take care all of you lot and I hope you all had an excellent holiday!

Signed ya favourite dickhead

PC Alec Hunter | Lord Philipe Trumper | Mitch Greene | ???

I agree with pretty much everything you have said here 🙂 and this is a view I've had as well and have stated in another suggestion similar to this regarding the drop in rp quality. However, there is two big things I don't agree with.

Whitelisting

This is a big one and one that I know the idea had been toyed with before, but I feel as though a 5 question application would be more than sufficient to root out the poor/low quality players from those that are here for the right reasons. Some questions you may ask me is "Who would sift through these applications and approve or deny them?" To which I respond - A dedicated hand picked team of trusted players from RPUK that have proven to not only provide great Roleplay but have also shown their worth to the community.
This would be incredibly hard to enforce and i believe would be even more difficult to make unbiased unless you handpick a group that have no affiliations to any gangs or groups making their judgment completely unbiased and free of any opinion they may have of a group due to interactions they have had between them as a rival gang or being part of that gang. In general, I do believe while there should be a bit more power given to the players with stuff like this, it is inevitable people will one way or another become biased and its very hard to enforce if groups are being given a fair chance.

- Server Wipe

This one may result in some negative comments and i'll happily address each one as they come but I do feel as though a lot of players have reached their end with regards to cash flow, I propose a full wipe of the servers economy, characters etc, this will allow for a fully fresh start for players to rebuild their characters, rebuild their RP friendships and relationships and also allow the Dev Team to remove the IRL vehicles that remain in the server, I see very few downsides to this aside from the odd moan about requiring to grind their way to the top again.
This one i also don't entirely agree with. Yes a wipe may be beneficial but there are downsides and very clear downsides:

-Possible loss of player base due to people's progress being reset, just because a lot of players have reached their end goal doesn't mean everyone has

-Businesses that are still active and people have worked hard to get and build up are just thrown out the window

-unless there's rules in place I guarantee people will just recreate their old characters, form back up with their groups, rebuild their past rp over the day maybe less and boom we are back to how the server currently is already.

-the one downside you stated, people complaining they have to grind back up again

-Without a very heavy update accompanying the wipe you are just throwing people back into the same exact situation they were complaining about except now they get to start with nothing and build up what they have lost again doing the same jobs they have done a dozen times before that feel like a chore to do rather than entertaining and filled with rp

As I've said in another post, and this is entirely just my opinion. An update wont fix the quality of RP its just masks temporarily the issue for it to then spark up once more, RP is dependent on the playerbase and while yes stuff being added to the server assists with rp and can in cases make it easier. the quality is set by players and that quality of rp spreads to the newer players and sets the standard. Theres too many people in the city thats characters are just really poor impressions of sully from top boy if he was missing braincells. Alongside that something else ive noticed is there is good rp going on between people but a large majority of that is hidden away in small niche social circles or behind closed doors of groups.

While this is certainly not everygroup or all players as theres some great groups about and characters on the server some groups just negatively affect rp straight off from their first interaction with someone, second you say hi to them they instantly respond in a negative way that completely streamlines any option of having a deeper talk with them and rping. Some people i have spoken to seem like they treat the server as a frag server with a little rp on the side between their downtime when they're not fighting and some people seem to play like they are back on arma 3 altis life the way they play. I dont believe a wipe would fix this issue its something that needs to change with how people play the server.

Server Wipe

As for the rest of your post i agree with most and there is not a lot you can do to change peoples roleplay. Only lead by example and provide the best RP you can and they may see how much more fun it is to put in more time into good RP rather than fast robotic boring RP. I myself have been motivated to roleplay better on the server after seeing top notch RP in the past 🙂

Back