What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

State of roleplay in the .co.uk

CodyLtd

If I am alone in this, then fair enough, im delusional. However if anyone else here has felt that the roleplay has become stale and robotic recently, and that the fun is feeling more like a struggle every day. Then join me, and listen to my rant.

I had an experience with the police recently, I attempted to enact a (bad)plan, I attempted to talk with them, and I attempted to get out of a stop and search, whilst wearing gang clothes, on my gang turf. These are all extremely bad ideas for an experienced criminal, I know, I should have drove down an ally where their cars cannot follow, or I should have pulled out my strap and shot them in the head. Instead, I attempted to discuss with the enemy. It was a mistake.

I was treated to a stop and search speedrun the likes of which summoning salt will need to cover. I was read off of a script as I was arrested for doing the usual MMO grind to get money(selling coke), I was told that "we are having a discussion" as I was shown a warrant card.

I understand, the police deal with 1 million stop and searches every day. My plan was that I had created a voucher for the tattoo shop(a leaflet, rebranded), and I understand, they may have heard something similar before.

I do not think this is a good reason to speed run my RP. You have to understand, sure, there is a chance that the police might... lose... if they say too long in a gang area while arresting a member in colours. However, I think that the police's aversion to losing, does not trump the fact that I have just spend hours doing the most boring thing I have done in a year, selling coke(aka getting woodcutting to 100), and does not justify them to speedrun an arrest so that I can wait in a cell for 2 hours(not exaggerated) so that they can raid my house. Even if I was in colours, half of the server is in a gang, it is literally gang vs cop RP, if being a non cop means that they get to ruin my RP, then screw that. 

Sure, I may have been shit at being a crim, sure I had a bad plan, sure I wasn't meta. Does this mean that I cannot at least have fun, whilst I lose? Can I not enjoy getting arrested for my crime? Do I really need to be read off the stop and search script? No, I am not exaggerating, I have read the script myself, I understood it was shit, and tried to RP better when I was a cop for 2 years. 

Basically, my point is that I think that while we still have this horrible system of making money for people that arent already rich, aka selling drugs/taxiing, then we need to have at least some way of making it enjoyable. Getting snatch and grabbed for selling isnt acceptable to me. I would like that the police try to actually roleplay with people. 

Counterpoint: crims, get your shit together, you wanna know why the cops speed run a stop and search, its because if they dont then you are gonna bike down an allyway where they cant chase. I have seen it, I have done it, It is bad. I am not gonna do it anymore, imma try and roleplay, imma lose a hell of a lot more than ive just lost from that raid.

Worth it if the RP gets better, at least one situation at a time. 

TLDR: ROBOCOP aint RP, no more scripts for stop and searches. No more boring shit. Crims, stop being cringe and abusing the bike meta down unchaseable allyways when selling. 

BTW, this was meant to be a discussion post. If I am wrong about every single thing ive said, please tell me, ill try and get better. - Cody.

I agree with your point of police being like robots, but as you have identified yourself if the cops attempted to make the situation enjoyable for you, then they themselves could have risked being taken hostage, robbed or both? 

I have and will attempt to make any interaction with people on the server enjoyable even if the ball ain't in my court, but if I feel that I am putting myself at risk (i.e. Searching someone in a gang area), then your best bet that they are getting dragged to the nearest police station, this IMO is my own way to insure that I won't have to spend the next 2hrs being taken hostage and having to listen to some neanderthal.

The server at times is a case of cops v crimes, but that is simply a meta issue, if the majority of the server wants this then so be it, unfortunately this is simply a byproduct of the aforementioned meta.

One final thing I will say is the post seems to be miss advertised I could be wrong, but you have pointed out one incident of a bad roleplay and made it sound as this is the norm, it might be better to have discussed with the officers (if you haven't already) on how the situation made you feel and provide constructive feedback to allow all parties to lean and develop, or maybe suggest a way that grinding for money on the server could be improved? 

Personally i don't think there is a whole lot of roleplay going on, all the shops and bars are dead. I do have to say though good on the hen house trying to create roleplay scenarios by making sure people working the bar. it's nice to go up there and actually roleplay getting a meal and a drink and having a chat. there does not seem to be many story lines going on or people carrying on roleplay stories. it's just same stuff everyday. people shooting each other and hanging in groups fighting each other.

I agree with your point of police being like robots, but as you have identified yourself if the cops attempted to make the situation enjoyable for you, then they themselves could have risked being taken hostage, robbed or both? 

I have and will attempt to make any interaction with people on the server enjoyable even if the ball ain't in my court, but if I feel that I am putting myself at risk (i.e. Searching someone in a gang area), then your best bet that they are getting dragged to the nearest police station, this IMO is my own way to insure that I won't have to spend the next 2hrs being taken hostage and having to listen to some neanderthal.

The server at times is a case of cops v crimes, but that is simply a meta issue, if the majority of the server wants this then so be it, unfortunately this is simply a byproduct of the aforementioned meta.

One final thing I will say is the post seems to be miss advertised I could be wrong, but you have pointed out one incident of a bad roleplay and made it sound as this is the norm, it might be better to have discussed with the officers (if you haven't already) on how the situation made you feel and provide constructive feedback to allow all parties to lean and develop, or maybe suggest a way that grinding for money on the server could be improved? 
I appreciate you taking the time to comment. I have discussed with the officer and with admins and this is what I was told to do as I wanted more people to discuss this. The intent of the post was to show an example to what ive been feeling for a long time, its just that recently ive had an encounter that has made it a lot more obvious. 

Also, I fully understand that sometimes being taken hostage can be bad. However when its done well I would say its a lot of fun RP, I was taken hostage around a week ago where I had a lot of fun with the hostage takers, and I think that cops are just a bit too risk adverse. Like fair enough your character doesn't want to die, but at the same time, the only real negative for cops is that they are on the other side of the RP, and I just cant understand why some people are unable to enjoy that other side. At the end of the day, it is a game that we all play to have fun yknow.

Personally i don't think there is a whole lot of roleplay going on, all the shops and bars are dead. I do have to say though good on the hen house trying to create roleplay scenarios by making sure people working the bar. it's nice to go up there and actually roleplay getting a meal and a drink and having a chat. there does not seem to be many story lines going on or people carrying on roleplay stories. it's just same stuff everyday. people shooting each other and hanging in groups fighting each other.
There are always people around the Kraken rping and chatting, the hen house like you said is also a great place, yesterday there were auditions going on at maze bank, were always at the motel or around rping aswell if you want a motel room, there was a DJ at galaxy playing music yesterday aswell. Tirenutz I've seen some awesome mechanic rp when the people there repair my car 

There are always people around the Kraken rping and chatting, the hen house like you said is also a great place, yesterday there were auditions going on at maze bank, were always at the motel or around rping aswell if you want a motel room, there was a DJ at galaxy playing music yesterday aswell. Tirenutz I've seen some awesome mechanic rp when the people there repair my car 
The rping what I’ve seen outside kraken is people tackling each other and fighting each other. Usually these just friends hanging chatting. There no storyline to it 

The rping what I’ve seen outside kraken is people tackling each other and fighting each other. Usually these just friends hanging chatting. There no storyline to it 
I guess it also comes down to who you choose to spend time with and hangout with, alot of storyline and rp is very internal amongst groups or certain people, and sometimes hanging around with a group that may necessarily not have that same desire to rp as much in detail can sometimes limit what you get to experience.

I can see where you are coming from here although the server has to be enjoyable for everyone. I have found myself in many situations where traffic stops turn into gunfights or stop and searches turn into me being used as leverage by being a hostage. A lot of police now (hope I'm not speaking just about me) are getting fed up of same shit different day and not wanting to take risks as they know the RP they get in return will either be the same as always or shit. 

On the line of RP, I like where you are coming from with the poster but more effort wouldve been appreciated in an attempt to get away from crime. People have done it before and given out incredible posters and I have left them to it but again, not all police want to leave people and want to be, as you state, "Robocops"

Unique and different RP is possible, just depends how you want to go about it.

My two cents worth. 

Firstly, there are a lot of good roleplayers on the server, I’ve had some very good interactions. However, I have found that a lot of people simply play as themselves, which in my mind is where some of the problems stem from. They haven’t created a character, they’ve simply given themselves a different name and are grinding away to see what they can achieve with very little storyline. There’s far too much value in possessions and too much fear in losing them. 

Robocops. There are a lot of police that simply will follow the procedures to a T and then give out the max sentence/fine without any discussion. There’s no way of talking yourself out of the situation and, there’s often no unique RP. “We’ve seen you handshaking, that means you’re selling drugs” and that’s the end of it.  In my mind, the police should always win the war but not all the battles. As part of The Occult, we’ve had some very interesting interactions with police, but likewise, we also have had a fair few poor experiences. One of the big issues I see is that Police have nothing to lose. The majority of full time cop characters login daily at the station, go on shift and logout. Rinse and repeat. They make bank by being on duty and they don’t do anything else apart from police.  

Likewise, there’s far too many egangsters with egos afraid to lose. Given the UK theme of the server, guns are far too easily brought out and thrown around. The gangs we see are more like cartels than street gangs.  Too many shootouts, little value of freedom, not enough fear or incarnation or the police. 

But, at the end of the day it’s a game and it can’t really compare to real life. It’s a hard line to balance between fun, realism and fairness between all parties. 

I think there needs to be a shift in the RP meta of the city, but for that to happen, everyone needs to do their peace and respect each other's roles. If the though process shifted from "winning" and to having fun, then I think everyone would have a better time. 

Most importantly, we should take time out of our days to say well done to those who do provide really good RP, there’s far too many complaints and not enough praise to encourage people to do it. 

I can see where you are coming from here although the server has to be enjoyable for everyone. I have found myself in many situations where traffic stops turn into gunfights or stop and searches turn into me being used as leverage by being a hostage. A lot of police now (hope I'm not speaking just about me) are getting fed up of same shit different day and not wanting to take risks as they know the RP they get in return will either be the same as always or shit. 

On the line of RP, I like where you are coming from with the poster but more effort wouldve been appreciated in an attempt to get away from crime. People have done it before and given out incredible posters and I have left them to it but again, not all police want to leave people and want to be, as you state, "Robocops"

Unique and different RP is possible, just depends how you want to go about it.
I can say that from my experience on both sides that your sentiment is very relatable. I think a good way of putting it is that people need to chill out. Crims need to actually start pulling over and talking, not just blasting or taking cops hostage, and cops need to be able to respond in turn without escalating. A ticket is a fully acceptable way for things to turn out, and likewise if I dont want a ticket, car chases are pretty damn fun on both sides imo.

My two cents worth. 

Firstly, there are a lot of good roleplayers on the server, I’ve had some very good interactions. However, I have found that a lot of people simply play as themselves, which in my mind is where some of the problems stem from. They haven’t created a character, they’ve simply given themselves a different name and are grinding away to see what they can achieve with very little storyline. There’s far too much value in possessions and too much fear in losing them. 

Robocops. There are a lot of police that simply will follow the procedures to a T and then give out the max sentence/fine without any discussion. There’s no way of talking yourself out of the situation and, there’s often no unique RP. “We’ve seen you handshaking, that means you’re selling drugs” and that’s the end of it.  In my mind, the police should always win the war but not all the battles. As part of The Occult, we’ve had some very interesting interactions with police, but likewise, we also have had a fair few poor experiences. One of the big issues I see is that Police have nothing to lose. The majority of full time cop characters login daily at the station, go on shift and logout. Rinse and repeat. They make bank by being on duty and they don’t do anything else apart from police.  

Likewise, there’s far too many egangsters with egos afraid to lose. Given the UK theme of the server, guns are far too easily brought out and thrown around. The gangs we see are more like cartels than street gangs.  Too many shootouts, little value of freedom, not enough fear or incarnation or the police. 

But, at the end of the day it’s a game and it can’t really compare to real life. It’s a hard line to balance between fun, realism and fairness between all parties. 

I think there needs to be a shift in the RP meta of the city, but for that to happen, everyone needs to do their peace and respect each other's roles. If the though process shifted from "winning" and to having fun, then I think everyone would have a better time. 

Most importantly, we should take time out of our days to say well done to those who do provide really good RP, there’s far too many complaints and not enough praise to encourage people to do it. 

Couldn’t agree more. Worded it so much better too. People moan there no NHS swell that’s because a lot of us find it boring and repetitive and this isn’t to everyone because there is some good role players who understand there injuries and actually accept loosing items. Example I turned up to a incident where a lady had fallen off her bike in the middle of the road and before i even got out my vehicle the lorry had ran over her head and she still speaking like nothing up or you find police just dealing with GSW. If you want nhs more active, make it enjoyable instead of saying aswell. My bum hurts, finger it. It’s immature 

My two cents worth. 

I fully agree with everything you have stated, and am a bit miffed that I was unable to put my points as well as you xD.

I think that the problem in general is that the RP quality recently is like overall lower, there are some people that I have had some of the best experiences ive ever had recently, but theres also been a lot of self inserts. (Not to say im perfect, my character was made 3 years ago and ive started playing it again, so ive slowly transitioned it away from the self insert that it was.)

I fully agree with everything you have stated, and am a bit miffed that I was unable to put my points as well as you xD.

I think that the problem in general is that the RP quality recently is like overall lower, there are some people that I have had some of the best experiences ive ever had recently, but theres also been a lot of self inserts. (Not to say im perfect, my character was made 3 years ago and ive started playing it again, so ive slowly transitioned it away from the self insert that it was.)
I get what you mean your not perfect but you try. I’ve been in scenarios with you and we’ve both tried and they’ve been good. The thing about Rp is the more you interact and get yourself in good Rp situations you learn. 

my opinion is aswell that there not enough businesses open proving rp. Hen house  do is brilliant and I think other could but the issue I find aswell imo that gods shouldn’t rent business to people if they come up with idea and if they don’t stay active, they give people  opportunity to apply for that business seen happen in others city’s where the businesses are active and give a lot of  people different opportunities and experiences as means more jobs and different job types and people train these people and run the business properly

I get what you mean your not perfect but you try. I’ve been in scenarios with you and we’ve both tried and they’ve been good. The thing about Rp is the more you interact and get yourself in good Rp situations you learn. 

my opinion is aswell that there not enough businesses open proving rp. Hen house  do is brilliant and I think other could but the issue I find aswell imo that gods shouldn’t rent business to people if they come up with idea and if they don’t stay active, they give people  opportunity to apply for that business seen happen in others city’s where the businesses are active and give a lot of  people different opportunities and experiences as means more jobs and different job types and people train these people and run the business properly
I have to agree with the stuff not providing RP. I think that the one thing that annoys me is there is no real reason to go RP. Like the mechanic shops are probably my favourite addition recently, as they are actually needed, and they provide good RP. Other than that, its kind of hard to RP without needing to just randomly show up somewhere and start talking. If there was more money making stuff that actually interacted with people that would be good. Then again I have 0 clue what could be added to do that. 

Personally i think more people need to own businesses there people who are millionaires who could pay people to work in these shops so instead people just chatting on corners, they could be in cafe, restraunts, bars mingling and they have to actually do 10 hours a month or something. i also think that food should go out of date after awhile so can't just stock up on it which would bring more roleplay to shops as they have to keep making fresh food. people say yeah but people wont just stand in business if people don't come in but people would if food wasnt so easy to stock up on and eventually went rotten. 

Personally i think more people need to own businesses there people who are millionaires who could pay people to work in these shops so instead people just chatting on corners, they could be in cafe, restraunts, bars mingling and they have to actually do 10 hours a month or something. i also think that food should go out of date after awhile so can't just stock up on it which would bring more roleplay to shops as they have to keep making fresh food. people say yeah but people wont just stand in business if people don't come in but people would if food wasnt so easy to stock up on and eventually went rotten. 
its a bit tricky as of right now starting a business especially a business that isn't already setup in the server as you have alotta stuff to go through, and you have to spend a long time proving that you're able to run said business and it would be worth it for the devs to put time into, as for people having to be at their business i fully agree there should be some kind of policy regarding people having to spend a certain amount of time at their work even if (like a gas station) its very automated with the cash register it would be nice to see that human interaction more and if anything would push places to hire more employees. As for the food I feel that is honestly a really good idea but could also have the negatives of stores then stocking less seem as it will decay causing shortages unless there would be a way that when its for sale its in a way "frozen" so it doesnt rot as fast. 

people wont just stand in business if people don't come in
On average I spend 20-40 hours a week stood on my own at the motel with no customers XD (yes I have no life). ive only just recently started going out socialising more again and just advertising through tweedle for people to call me.

Cody, I get where you are coming from and you too should realise the whole roboscript of police is a product of the community itself.

It wouldn't be the first time people would sue the police for missing a point in PACE code G or GOWISELY. The community and courts system are a big part as to why we must follow this "boring" script.

Inbetween the roboscript there should be plenty of time to RP with one another and both sides should aim to make the situation fun for the both of them.  

Looking back at the situation with the Lost boys everyone tried to amuse one another even when people had to go as it was getting late. Despite them having lost a few sits I think they enjoyed the parts after it as well and I think thats the RP people should be aiming for.

On average spend 20-40 hours a week stood on my own at the motel with no customers XD (yes I have no life). ive only just recently started going out socialising more again and just advertising through tweedle for people to call me.
Have you been given permission to lock and give these rooms out yet or they still just open? also your motel would be used as offices if there was more buissness or people that needed offices to have a meeting...... i like what you do that and appreciate the hard work and trying to RP

"its a bit tricky as of right now starting a business especially a business that isn't already setup in the server as you have alotta stuff to go through, and you have to spend a long time proving that you're able to run said business and it would be worth it for the devs to put time into, as for people having to be at their business i fully agree there should be some kind of policy regarding people having to spend a certain amount of time at their work even if (like a gas station) its very automated with the cash register it would be nice to see that human interaction more and if anything would push places to hire more employees. As for the food I feel that is honestly a really good idea but could also have the negatives of stores then stocking less seem as it will decay causing shortages unless there would be a way that when its for sale its in a way "frozen" so it doesnt rot as fast. "

I understand they have to make sure people can use it and run it but then there is already business that are failing and not really open, there is people that are putting in alot of hard work and then just stopped because it's taking to long. i totally think we should have a new government that is not staff as could lead to more RP as we vote in majors and we had a building committee that takes strain of staff and before anyone says but people would be bias to friends imo alot of the business that are owned are to friends. Just because the government pass it does not mean it will happen either as it would then need to go to building committee which is devs where they say if possible or deserved.  before it reached devs the goverment would set thses buissness tasks they need to complete and if they complete them and show they are working hard it gets moved on. If people get buissness then become lazy the goverment could take it away and let someone else apply for it... goveremnt could rent the building until the person shows enough hard work to become owner,. im happy to speak to staff about this goverment idea and how it works. i think it would add amazing RP and it would add Roleplay to gangs because they can edit their turf and get turf business then could add to RP as other gangs can target them and add a story to beef not just shoot

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you been given permission to lock and give these rooms out yet or they still just open? also your motel would be used as offices if there was more buissness or people that needed offices to have a meeting...... i like what you do that and appreciate the hard work and trying to RP
We are pushing for locks for the doors and storage to be added to them along with the warddrobe seem as the rooms are already furnished but unfortunately not yet. Something we are still working towards! While yes we mainly rent them out as office space currently thats more due to the fact we cant really give too many uses for our rooms seem as the doors cant lock so we offer them as office space aswell to hopefully interest more people. And thank you ❤️ we try our best haha

Back