What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

State of roleplay in the .co.uk

Police Main here, Didnt realise the problem till I actually hopped on my crim. Sorry lads -  (Give roleplay) Speak to police instead of fleeing and try actually have roleplay = Get arrested, Searched for a gun. Fined for driving past a red light. Sounds about right. Didnt realise the server dropped so bad until tonight, Police handing out sentences and tickets like they have a goal to meet. What a fucking state everything is in atm
IMO this is why police get shot so much , who can be bothered to have the same Cuff , Search , Prison/Fine  Repeat . 

Police Main here, Didnt realise the problem till I actually hopped on my crim. Sorry lads -  (Give roleplay) Speak to police instead of fleeing and try actually have roleplay = Get arrested, Searched for a gun. Fined for driving past a red light. Sounds about right. Didnt realise the server dropped so bad until tonight, Police handing out sentences and tickets like they have a goal to meet. What a fucking state everything is in atm
Needed to be said from a police main you feel the pain now

Yep. I have said it once and i will say it again, Police do not realise the grind it takes to be a crim in this server. 

Feels like most police just want to do everything they can to screw over the 'crims' of the server, from slapping max fine's/sentences to getting their car's scraped/put points on. When you do get arrested, you sit in cells for like 20 minutes while they write a report, usually in silence, then they tell you you're getting max for every charge under the sun and off to boring prison you go! Try to RP in cells = More prison time! Try to RP in prison = More prison time! ( oh, and then you log off 🙂

Everyone need's to realise it's not a Cops vs robbers server, it's a roleplay server.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep. I have said it once and i will say it again, Police do not realise the grind it takes to be a crim in this server. 

Feels like most police just want to do everything they can to screw over the 'crims' of the server, from slapping max fine's/sentences to getting their car's scraped/put points on. When you do get arrested, you sit in cells for like 20 minutes while they write a report, usually in silence, then they tell you you're getting max for every charge under the sun and off to boring prison you go! Try to RP in cells = More prison time! Try to RP in prison = More prison time! ( oh, and then you log off 🙂

Everyone need's to realise it's not a Cops vs robbers server, it's a roleplay server.
Don't tar all cops with the same brush, a lot of cop mains on the server try to make scenarios interesting and fun, even in the cells i'll sit and chat to crims, have a conversation with them whilst reports are written, i'll even nudge the cops writing reports saying the crims been chill etc, any folk that have been arrested by Alec Hunter can probably vouch for the same thing, fair treatment and not being ring stung with fines/prison time.

Needed to be said from a police main you feel the pain now
i want to add though as much i can how painful it is for you, i have not been a cop for long and we get shit for what other cops do, the amount of people that just run soon as i turn up to a drug report. i try and RP it i pull up and ask why your shajking hands with a random person some of the answers people have given it return are brilliant and some i will not ask to S&S some i will just let go and some i will ask to s&S some will let me search them or some will go into a chase, same as when people speed, i just want RP not for people just speed of straight away. not every officer is looking for the win to arrest. Same as when i got downed yesterday someone stood over me going haha how does it feel to loose and i am like don't really care if win or loose mate, it what happens.   

just ruins the RP when someone does that after as the incident was fine and turned out the person giving me shit on the floor was not even involved. which i find with most incidents alot of people follow police and then run and get involved. that should be against the rules, if you are not apart of it, you can run into a room where hostage is and if can join in. that stupid and POOR rp

Fully back this and it works both ways too. As last night we was in a incident with three people i was police and it turned into anyone just joining is as they saw it was opportunity to rob police but we was already downed, i actually had someone ask me while i was downed how do i rob you and they was not even involved lol

https://medal.tv/games/gta-v/clips/1LCuDceJoyuoaI/d13378wLGyRK?invite=cr-MSxtSUksNDQzODUzMDgs
think this sums it up perfectly, I don’t know how anyone can be surprised that the server isn’t half as active as it once was when shit like this happens on a regular basis, it’s a game and games are supposed to be fun. Win win win all that police want on this server, some nerds forget it’s a game and not real life and can’t stand the thought of letting a criminal get away. Exactly why I and many others stopped playing.

https://medal.tv/games/gta-v/clips/1LCuDceJoyuoaI/d13378wLGyRK?invite=cr-MSxtSUksNDQzODUzMDgs
think this sums it up perfectly, I don’t know how anyone can be surprised that the server isn’t half as active as it once was when shit like this happens on a regular basis, it’s a game and games are supposed to be fun. Win win win all that police want on this server, some nerds forget it’s a game and not real life and can’t stand the thought of letting a criminal get away. Exactly why I and many others stopped playing.
Plenty of time to comply wdym

Being a member of 229 for over a year, I had my fair amounts of altercation with police. Never have I seen it so bad. My mate @Baz, summed it up perfectly. Win, Win, Win. You want to ROLEPLAY with the police? Not if it means you might keep a gun or get away from a 1k sentence. Never seen it so bad, IMO nothing has changed in how Overpowered they are or what they have (maybe the amount of head armour and how easily granted permission for max ammo is) but it’s more of a mindset, I see very little cop chars with a crim char they play, something that wasn’t the case say 7-8 months ago, to the point now, that police will abandon any ROLEPLAY, if they here the word “gang” or “gun” on radio. Something that yes can be seen as “realistic” but it’s not a high standard of RP I like to set myself.

Police roleplay - Terrible

Crim roleplay - not much better 

And when I say police, I mean firearms in particular. Most of the other police I have interacted with have at least attempted to roleplay to some extent.

here are just a few examples of some roleplay I’ve had with police recently,

Police show up on your turf, circle your turf 10 cars deep , someone attempts to approach the police and speak to them/roleplay with them and the police drive off ignoring you and continue what they are doing essentially baiting the gang.

gang attempt to do a bank, police run in and spray everything that moves including the hostages

gang member goes down in a gun fight, police MUST loot that body under any circumstances. GOD FIRBID the gang member might have a chance of escape , firearms must cuff any individual within a 200 meter radius and stop and search them with robocop style roleplay. Then they continue to look in eachothers inventories and compare who looted the most expensive weapon and laugh and gloat about it..

Police approach a gang member mid gunfight and scream drop the gun give the gang member 0.3 seconds to comply (even though he probably wouldn’t considering he is literally being shot at by someone else) ???? And then open fire and say they have “engaged” on said gang “clean it up 

Handing out softban sentences on an already dying server (sorry to say it but this isn’t going to help anything)

Now one might say report it right? But what happens when it’s reported , surely they’d get banned for poor roleplay? Surely somebody would step in and try and make some changes ? Surely police would be held to the same roleplay standards as criminals are ? Surely police would be banned for the same hands up or die roleplay we want to discourage ? Well no actually, they are told they have done nothing wrong …. Which then further reinforces their shitty mentality.

Now I am by no means saying crim roleplay is always perfect or good but at least they are banned for providing a low level of roleplay, not encouraged to keep providing it 🤣

This is why myself and many others like @Bazhas mentioned have chosen to step away from RPUK.

the police mentality was already an issue and has been for a long time it just feels like recently I’m not willing to overlook it anymore, people are fed up. And yes while it may not be the only issue it certainly plays a massive part in why the server has seen such a huge decline in activity. Soon there will be nothing for the police to do as there will be no crims playing the server and I fear that it is already too late

RPUK lost its charm and uniqueness that had myself and a lot of other players addicted….

Roleplay has dropped massively on the server. Nowadays people like John Kiff and Hari Ahmed would stand out massively compared to the roleplay on the server currently and thats saying something. 

I came back last year to join 229 and I was lost as fuck as to what was going on when on the server. Every time i ran up to a cop and posed no threat and tried to talk they wouldnt speak and just drive away. All i wanted to know was why they were circling turf. Simple conversation and everything could have been different but every time they "hands up and died" us and it ended in a gunfight and no matter what was said it was our fault which alot of the time it wasnt on turf ( I know 229 used to like gunfights but like cops knew that and took advantage of it) I was so surprised back then and nothing has really changed now

I drive around the past few times ive logged on and see little to over 8 gang members in 4 hours of being on the server with everyone hiding in little circles in Kraken/AE/Tyrenutz basically ignoring everyone and talking borderline OOC and not involving outsiders in majority of their conversation (but when people bring this up its apparently good roleplay)

Yes gangs can be aids we all agree the egos are bad and police get the worst of it but the reason for that is how police treat them MAJORITY of police are here to win. You drive off your car is shot, you pull over for a ticket you get searched for no reason but you are a known crim, You take chase 20 cops TC you because the chase has gone on too long and they are bored, trigger happy and overall dont care about the unique situations because they knew the animations like handshakes mean you are selling drugs or a gunshot marker in an area means the guy is still there to them so they search everyone. Crims have to make the best of a bad situation every time with limited game mechanics and people pushing what they know based on game mechanics. Very hard to interact with them even compared to back in the day #BringBackShepherd

Its also harder to roleplay with gangs as they are hard to find. You cant wear colours now (as told to me by many gang members) as police target you. Alot of them hide off turf and keep themselves to themselves blacked out as they dont enjoy the hassle police bring them for as little as existing on the server. Alot of gang members have got to the point that they dont take the server as serious as they used to with the lack of love they get on the server compared to police and some civs/groups. Im 100 per cent sure if you gave gangs more and police were better towards police then the gang leads would "sort" their gangs out and alot better roleplay would be given out. 

Police roleplay - Terrible

Crim roleplay - not much better 

And when I say police, I mean firearms in particular. Most of the other police I have interacted with have at least attempted to roleplay to some extent.

here are just a few examples of some roleplay I’ve had with police recently,

Police show up on your turf, circle your turf 10 cars deep , someone attempts to approach the police and speak to them/roleplay with them and the police drive off ignoring you and continue what they are doing essentially baiting the gang.

gang attempt to do a bank, police run in and spray everything that moves including the hostages

gang member goes down in a gun fight, police MUST loot that body under any circumstances. GOD FIRBID the gang member might have a chance of escape , firearms must cuff any individual within a 200 meter radius and stop and search them with robocop style roleplay.

Police approach a gang member mid gunfight and scream drop the gun give the gang member 0.3 seconds to comply (even though he probably wouldn’t considering he is literally being shot at by someone else) ???? And then open fire and say they have “engaged” on said gang “clean it up 

Handing out softban sentences on an already dying server (sorry to say it but this isn’t going to help anything)

Now one might say report it right? But what happens when it’s reported , surely they’d get banned for poor roleplay? Surely somebody would step in and try and make some changes ? Surely police would be held to the same roleplay standards as criminals are ? Surely police would be banned for the same hands up or die roleplay we want to discourage ? Well no actually, they are told they have done nothing wrong …. Which then further reinforces their shitty mentality.

Now I am by no means saying crim roleplay is always perfect or good but at least they are banned for providing a low level of roleplay, not encouraged to keep providing it 🤣

This is why myself and many others like @Bazhas mentioned have chosen to step away from RPUK.

the police mentality was already an issue and has been for a long time it just feels like recently I’m not willing to overlook it anymore, people are fed up. And yes while it may not be the only issue it certainly plays a massive part in why the server has seen such a huge decline in activity. Soon there will be nothing for the police to do as there will be no crims playing the server and I fear that it is already too late

RPUK lost its charm and uniqueness that had myself and a lot of other players addicted….
Don't forget the fact that Pillbox is now basically more impenetrable than prison which i still don't know why, i still think there is way to many features to catch people and barely any to get away or to counter anything besides containers which is the only thing crims have, Fake plates, fake phones etc... 

I don't think every cop should be painted with the same brush and i agree but 1 cop doing a fuck up out of 20 is enough to fuck an entire group because of his actions, meanwhile 1 gang member doing a fuck up the max it will do is lose 15 minutes of your time, what i am trying to get at is that a fuck up from a group with a shit ton of tools to completly fuck over hours of RP or hours of grinding and this is not be talking about all the material shit but think about it as much as you can say you care about items of course you would care to a certain extent  if you could lose 1 mil  and 24 hours of prison time because of a fuck up of one person thats what i mean. 

Im not sure what this is meant to prove? XD youre shooting in broad daylight in the city with a pistol against another guy, the officer tells you to drop your gun, you keep shooting... Never played cop but this seems completely common sense to me in this clip, could they have given you a little extra time to react? yeah probably but at the same time youre armed and dangerous and visibly firing off shots WHILE they are talking to you 🤣

Im not sure what this is meant to prove? XD youre shooting in broad daylight in the city with a pistol against another guy, the officer tells you to drop your gun, you keep shooting... Never played cop but this seems completely common sense to me in this clip, could they have given you a little extra time to react? yeah probably but at the same time youre armed and dangerous and visibly firing off shots WHILE they are talking to you 🤣
Looking at just the video firearms was already shooting them prior to having said anything to the poor man. 

Aside from that fact, as it has been said to gangleads in the past it isnt a good idea to war inside city limits.

Please provide a longer clip to show all of the context. This video took place after Grove had already shot me (Police), I’m surprised he even attempted to roleplay when he could’ve just gunned him down 🫣

Looking at it firearms was already shooting them prior to having said anything to the poor man.
Looking back that is true it does seem they are firing at him but at the same time, he is a threat, he is shooting in the middle of a street they do eventually try to speak to him and he continues to shoot, he can hear the sirens, he can see hes getting shot from multiple angles and yet its bad rp on the cops half for not trying to catch a few pistol rounds from the other gang member shooting or himself shooting back if the officer gets closer and tries to apprehend him. Id understand if he was maybe running and there havent been shots in a while yeah that would be sucky rp but its an active gunfight..

Reap what you sow.
HAHAHA, the most counterproductive and immature response I’ve seen here, which is impressive considering it’s a thread of moaning and crying.

You’re not a cop irl, you don’t have to defend blatant bullshit until your last breath. Even crims here are saying both are bad, but you can’t even admit the clip Baz posted is the worst RP I’ve seen here in 8 years.

Considering that’s your opinion on the matter as someone who is (correct me if I’m wrong) one of the top 10 or so ranked officers in the server’s police, you’re a massive part of the problem and need to fix up quickly.

Back