What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Tanoa Life Release Information (11/7/2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ive got a intel i5 750 ti n get 40-60 FPS on ultra in Tanoa....

No Kavala mode there  is no cover except for foliage and buildings for you CANNOT have a Kavala mode without ruining Tanoa.

Take it easy guys, when you have discovered all the tanoa map and all the models and such are loaded in you will get a much higher FPS, just give it time i guess!

Last edited by a moderator:
Rath posted a little sneak peak at the new menu system today ;)

e16bcbec820fb9dcd6b1300269c46234.jpg

anyone know if there will be a setting such as Kavalla mode on altis  for tanoa ??
Debatable. We've tested Kavala Mode and it sucks on Tanoa. It stops being a jungle and starts being a golf course. So probably no.. But it may depend on some things still under discussion.

For what it's worth... I have had a helluva week. "Baptism of fire" doesn't even come close. I think I've had less stressful weeks being kidnapped by circus people and having my genitals held perilously close to sawmill blades while people yell at me in Glaswegian.

This is literally the first time in the week that I've had a moment to spare to catch up with this thread.

But we are close. Very close.

The economy still needs a shit ton of balancing and no doubt there will be more whine and cheese over the next couple of weeks than you'd find in a Chelsea bar during Unhappy Hour... but equally we have a shit load of new things to play with too.

As explained, we've started from our old RPUK/AltisLife core, and it's sound enough (by far), but has been pretty hard work to bring up to date and bend into shape for Tanoa. The work is by no means over, and I can see that the next few weeks (maybe months, even) will be a continual process of ripping out old guts, growing new limbs, and sewing them delicately back into place... hopefully without upsetting any data applecarts or causing mass riots in the process. Kinda like changing a car engine whilst doing 85mph in the fast lane... you know, easy shit really.

Anyway... I'm planning to do a closed beta test this evening for a few tens of people, and we'll see what mayhem ensues. If the test community doesn't rip my head off, fuck my life, murder my family, and/or generally cause me to run back to la-la-land for another year, then we might... just might... get a playable public release this weekend.

Cue the stampede... the bus to Tanoa is leaving shortly...

Debatable. We've tested Kavala Mode and it sucks on Tanoa. It stops being a jungle and starts being a golf course. So probably no.. But it may depend on some things still under discussion.

For what it's worth... I have had a helluva week. "Baptism of fire" doesn't even come close. I think I've had less stressful weeks being kidnapped by circus people and having my genitals held perilously close to sawmill blades while people yell at me in Glaswegian.

This is literally the first time in the week that I've had a moment to spare to catch up with this thread.

The economy still needs a shit ton of balancing and no doubt there will be more whine and cheese over the next couple of weeks than you'd find in a Chelsea bar during Unhappy Hour... but equally we have a shit load of new things to play with too.

As explained, we've started from our old RPUK/AltisLife core, and it's sound enough (by far), but has been pretty hard work to bring up to date and bend into shape for Tanoa. The work is by no means over, and I can see that the next few weeks (maybe months, even) will be a continual process of ripping out old guts, growing new limbs, and sewing them delicately back into place... hopefully without upsetting any data applecarts or causing mass riots in the process. Kinda like changing a car engine whilst doing 85mph in the fast lane... you know, easy shit really.

Anyway... I'm planning to do a closed beta test this evening for a few tens of people, and we'll see what mayhem ensues. If the test community doesn't rip my head off, fuck my life, murder my family, and/or generally cause me to run back to la-la-land for another year, then we might... just might... get a playable public release this weekend.

I choose the wrong day to go to my dads with no PC.....

if its stable but updated a lot I don't care personally, I wanna have some great sessions on the new island asap and keep up the great work :D

Praise the lawd! Kavala mode is gunna be very immersion destroying... I have also been on PVP servers which have reduced the foliage density and it looks absolutely horrendous...

Never lost the hype! Lets look forward to what Tanoa brings!

The addition of a report a bug section pretty much confirms that Tanoa hype is here. Goodbye altis, I have had such great memories with you. Starting off my journey with @rcasin his friends chopper and exploring the lands as hobos, meeting humza ,the creation of the cartel, joining Liber army and meeting @Haydenand the rest of the gang.  It's hard to accept that Liber army and I am leaving these islands. Goodbye altis, hello Tanoa!

Awesome, good job guys.

Is there any way we can sign up as tester? Curious to play on it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back