What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Teargas Removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilco

The King
Lifetime Donator
The majority voted that the teargas in the current form was OP, During last nights server update the teargas was removed from the server.

(This now means the police can stop looking like darthvader)

Hopefully this now brings back the element of gameplay where we have stand offs and more roleplay when it comes to bank robberys etc rather than the police just shelling 20 teargas canisters.

You voted for it, we did it :)

The results show the majority wanted it removed/made weaker, Seeing it would of needed coding for such little gameplay improvement rather than making it weaker we decided to move it.

It was also noted that 36 of the keep it votes out of 50 were selected by cops, We may look at other alternatives in the future but for now i expect more roleplay from the police now they cannot chuck these overpowered blur bombs.

Keep it (50 votes)

Remove it (47 Votes)

Make it weaker (24 Votes)

If the police need some crowd control you could consider bringing in a batch of Flash bangs, make them only available to superior officers, who can disburse them out to other officers in heated situations.

Flash bang - Removes your vision followed with a high pitch screech, a few seconds later you start to gain vision followed by normal clear vision.

If you test this to the tear gas you guys had, it is in no way OP. However it can still provide tactical game play by the police in securing buildings and measuring out high heated close battles.

The results show the majority wanted it removed/made weaker, Seeing it would of needed coding for such little gameplay improvement rather than making it weaker we decided to move it.

It was also noted that 36 of the keep it votes out of 50 were selected by cops, We may look at other alternatives in the future but for now i expect more roleplay from the police now they cannot chuck these overpowered blur bombs.

Keep it (50 votes)

Remove it (47 Votes)

How many cops who voted shouldnt matter?

how many of the 47 who wants it gone is police?

And as i see it, 74 wants it to stay, 24 wants it to get a little nerfed, 47 wants it gone. Thats 74 vs 47.

Last edited by a moderator:
How many cops who voted shouldnt matter?

how many of the 47 who wants it gone is police?

And as i see it, 74 wants it to stay, 24 wants it to get a little nerfed, 47 wants it gone. Thats 74 vs 47.
I feel someone is sad to see it go.

more roleplay from the police now they cannot chuck these overpowered blur bombs.
This sums it up perfectly, the gas was causing the RP from cops to suffer. No more was it talking gunmen down etc, but a quick throw which crippled everyone in a very large radius, allowing the cops to just play Whack-a-mole and neutralise all targets. With the rebels not having any protection whatsoever this posed a disadvantage that was too big to ignore.

Well yeah i get your point and i have never used the gas. But still: 74 vs 47 whats the point of the poll anyway? Apperently nothing.

The script for tear gas was also quite taxing on the server IIRC. Bank robbery lastnight was good fun with no fear of crying.

I never used teargas, but why bother voting when the winner of the vote does not win.

Next time just remove the item instead of making us believe "We did the change" 

sorry but don't understand this one....

Keep it (50 votes)

Remove it (47 Votes)

Just because we are cops out votes won't be counted? I mean, if you put the vote up for everyone we expect you guys to respect our votes as well. 

You guys are really whining this much about it?

He clearly states that removing/weakening were more popular choices COMBINED, and that making it weaker would just been a waste of coding time. He also states an alternative may be looked at. If it was up to me I wouldn't even bother after this.

You coppers really do have a cheek when you say rebels moan alot, you know that? Stop your QQing about every single update and learn to live with (or without in this case) things. Please.

You guys are really whining this much about it?

He clearly states that removing/weakening were more popular choices COMBINED, and that making it weaker would just been a waste of coding time. He also states an alternative may be looked at. If it was up to me I wouldn't even bother after this.

You coppers really do have a cheek when you say rebels moan alot, you know that? Stop your QQing about every single update and learn to live with (or without in this case) things. Please.
I don't care that it is removed (believe me), i NEVER carry the gas with me, but when it is a vote the result should be the winner of the vote.

They can remove everything they want, but don't putt a vote then.. that's what i mean.

Keep it (50 votes)

Remove it (47 Votes)

so what this says, is that cop votes don't matter. 

And it's completely bias to change the out come of the vote. "Keep it" clearly won. Ok fine, combined the gas needs weakening etc. But "Make it weaker" does not equal "Remove it". And shouldn't be combined like that. 

interesting that those two votes weren't combined into "Make it Weaker" instead. 

so what this says, is that cop votes don't matter. 

And it's completely bias to change the out come of the vote. "Keep it" clearly won. Ok fine, combined the gas needs weakening etc. But "Make it weaker" does not equal "Remove it". And shouldn't be combined like that. 

interesting that those two votes weren't combined into "Make it Weaker" instead. 
Completely agree. I don't understand really, police give up a ton of their time to make the server a better place, we then get re-paid by the Admin's saying "oh your a cop, your point is invalid". to be honest this is a complete piss-take. 

At the end of the day, the way I see it is you are making it easier for them to do illegal things.

Are you all dumb?

Wilco removed the tear gas because there was something seriously wrong with it and it clearly showed in the poll, the majority of people who voted chose Remove/Make it weaker this is nothing to do if you are a cop or not. yes it was a pointless poll because everyone knew the outcome of it, it was ruining the role-play and quality of fire fights.

GET OVER IT.

We can't all be as smart as you, maybe the forum should be only for you Einstein...

I'm glad it's gone means some of the police myself included will now have to stand up and think more of situations, I had a couple of other ideas in a separate post maybe people could look them over and give feedback,

Plus I'm really liking smoke grenades as long as they are used sparingly they add a lot more flexibility great work Ed/Wilco

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back