What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Temporary Access to Homes

fae

Hi!

I was wondering if it would be possible to allow home owners to grant temporary access to other people's houses and furniture lists.

It could go down the same route as getting access through G6 but with a smaller fee? 

Personally in the city, I have been doing little jobs of interior design and I find it tricky because I need access to their home in order to design the inside. This comes with a fee for the key, furniture items and then another fee to change all the locks.

Allowing temporary access would remove this fee of changing locks for everyone with access to the house, and home owners would feel confident with giving others access for a short time.

This is already something that I'm looking into possibly adding within my keys revamp.

Im currently trying to think of a way to implement this without causing G6 to be spammed with requests whilst also making it so permanent keys aren't pointless.

How long were you thinking they should last for? Till the next restart? 24 hours? Since the main issue I see with 24 hours is that the person could still be in the house when they lose the keys 

Last edited by a moderator:
Im currently trying to think of a way to implement this without causing G6 to be spammed with requests whilst also making it so permanent keys aren't pointless.

How long were you thinking they should last for? Till the next restart? 24 hours? Since the main issue I see with 24 hours is that the person could still be in the house when they lose the keys 
I think having the ability to have keyholders unlock the house would be nice, it wouldn't make keys redundant because they would provide better security, but if you're hosting a house party you could unlock the house til restart or lock it earlier if you want

I wonder if you could implement a new key or 'key upgrade' that costs more than a current key which gives home owners control on house access for periods of time. Could be for a few days or a week or whatever suits. 

So, if possible, there would be 2 options when buying keys. Normal ones for people to have access all the time or upgraded ones for home owners to give temporary access to people for a period of time. Would that take the pressure off spamming G6 without them also losing out on money?

Back