What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

The current situation of the server towards new players

from my time as a new player my initial impressions were 

posiden were a bunch of dicks and trolls - sorry guys but srsly what else am i to think when fresh on the server im chased down in a heli you guys hop out the heli initiate on my tie me up take me to the top of a crane talking all kinds of crazy shit about experiments and drop me off it, i stuck around long enough to know that was a few bad apples who were making you look bad but still something you need to work on. 

for the example given earlier maybe adopt the aproach of first time cases of say hobos running diamonds, you dump out there hemmts and excort them over the border with clear orders not to come back, this makes there first failire have less of a devastating sting to it cause if anything will demorilize a player more its grinding hard to get there first hemmt near or actually bankrupting themselves to get it, only to have some over keen posedon guy scrap there shit and leaving them bankrupted back to square one x hours leading upto this wasted which at that point many players will be making the decision if they must start over do they do it here or go elsewhere to invest there time.

police - dont bother reporting anything they just wont come police messages are rareley if ever answered any opportunity for roleplay that dosent involve me taking some kind of objective like a fuel station bank or federal or a town will most likley be ignored and if my shit were to ever be stolen then goodluck getting anything from the police.

however if you park your car wrong theyll get that shitimpounded/scrapped faster than you can blink sadley this bareley changed over time police are just a roving death squad that go from conflict to conflict as one unit and throw all there resources at problems leading to the rest of the island suffering as a whole .

i mean good job stopping that 1 guy from robbing a gas station by sending 10 armed officers but how does that help the fact that theres 3 stolen cop cars roaming kavala robbing players blind.

id like to say its a few bad eggs but sadley the police move as one unit and together make this bad. 

things the police could look into you have pcso's they even have distinct uniforms there fairly new and limited anyways in there abilities use them for community outreach put a couple in kavala and have them help hobos and deal with less pressing matters when able. 

the irony is rebels arnt held to any form of a standard but somehow end up coming out on top in terms of new player experience the guy who robbed me yesterday is frequently the guy whos helping me the next and even in situations where a rebel is robbing me ive had them give freindly advice to help me prevent this the next time be it get a gun or dont run X during Y go for something less risky

however for those who arnt already doing it if your going to rob a new player maybe go easy on them if your able if your gonna take there diamonds leave them there hemmt so they can recover from there failiure or at the verry least offer them advice to help them in future 

then theres the server in general this was perhaps the hardest thing for me the rules can at times be confusing and trecherous to navigate just based on sheer length and number of rules alone and thats before even trying to interprate the rules i apreciate why the staff might be reluctant to give concrete examples of whats ok and not ok but some rules seem vague in nature and make trying to enjoy the game harder because your stressed and worried am i breaking a rule 

a example is poor/low quality rp as a new player that rule was verry vague you can say put your hands up or youll be shot but no mention is made as to what is acceoptable or what the standard is that this rule attempts to fix

am i supposed to engage in some elaborate over acted scenario? or am i just being asked to not do 5 word robberies and what standard do we all agree on because if my definition doesent match yours will i end up being reported? if so then whats the standard from staffs point of view do staff even have a standard or is it luck of the drawer

again i apreciate why you dont want to be black and white but the closest ive seen to explanations is a forum post that again just states the rule and doesent set a standard to work from whilst trying to maintain a undefined standard

i dont want to leave the nhs out as it seems biased if i do but being a non combative faction its hard for us to do much that negativley affect a new player much but theres small things we can do to atleast help them we often deal with the aftermath of other factions interactions with new players so perhaps we can do more to help guide them advise they get a handgun or show them where they can get defibs or bloodbags or stretchers to help get themselves out of trouble when it does go bad were with them for atleast 5 mins so the times there for us to help educate them i suppose waiting times can suck and we cant always be there to revive but were working hard to change that with what little man power we have

im not taking a direct dig at anyone here i know it may seem that way but as a new player that was my initial impressions coming onto the server 2 months ago

While I cannot speak for the factions you have mentioned I can attempt to help clarify things in regards to the rules. Many of the rules are specifically non specific in order to get you thinking about them so yeah they are complex and I encourage you to talk with us and we can help you with them. While there are loads of rules to read your way through not all of them dictate how you interact with others but also how others should interact with you. For instance, there are rules for police, poseidon and NHS even the staff team. So naturally there will always be a lot. It is best to sit with a coffee and take a good read through them. Now onto initiation

(7.1.3) Killing someone must be carried out with high quality roleplay, “put your hands up or I will shoot” etc is considered low quality RP and may lead to a ban for RDM/Fail RP. Executing another player must also be carried out with high quality roleplay, the only exception to this rule is if both you and the victim are engaged in a gunfight together. 

Now while that doesn't give you a clear example of high quality initiation, it does attempt to give you an example of a bad one and therefore what you should try to avoid. A good example will never be written in stone. However, if you follow these links provided it should help clear things up. 

https://www.roleplay.co.uk/topic/115726-robbing-roleplayrule-713/ in it you will find replies from myself and former team members rekkemmo

Stop putting that “new players” shit. When I first joined the server nobody gave a fuck about me I started doing my iron run rebels robbed me they didnt give a fuck if I was a hobo or not? I used to do weed in a full packed server and back in the day the highest paying run was weed and the weed field was packed everytime you show up there 100% somebody was there so the risk of me being robbed was very high. Now if you go and visit the weedfield its filled with dust... I had to work for my shit it wasnt easy at all like everybody else. Now its your turn if it is way too hard for you to start off even though the highest paying run is diamond with waaaaaay less chance of getting robbed. There was no “be nice to hobo’s let them start off so they dont get angry and leave” when I started so why the fuck would I be nice now? Its a hard life out here everybody hungry so if you cant take it than bye 👋🏼 

What I consider is look at what you have to 'survive' to achieve in the way it currently is.

There's no fun if no challenge. You feel more acomplished getting through the high risk scenarios such as drug running with the risk of being caught by cops or robbed, avoiding gangs and trying to survive in the Altis world. You remove all that and you achieve the same in terms of money gains but surely there's little satisfaction in knowing how easy you got there?

I've seen people run around drug farms and shoot off with no concern to what they're carrying and then get caught. No one checking the sites you're going to for ambushes. Just asking for trouble.

What I consider is look at what you have to 'survive' to achieve in the way it currently is.

There's no fun if no challenge. You feel more acomplished getting through the high risk scenarios such as drug running with the risk of being caught by cops or robbed, avoiding gangs and trying to survive in the Altis world. You remove all that and you achieve the same in terms of money gains but surely there's little satisfaction in knowing how easy you got there?

I've seen people run around drug farms and shoot off with no concern to what they're carrying and then get caught. No one checking the sites you're going to for ambushes. Just asking for trouble.
i agree fully with this the biggest attraction to altis life is the thrill and adrenaline of the unknown and the risk 

nothing beats that feeling when youve just finished proccessing your hauling close to or over a million in product everything youve worked hard for up to this point is paying off and your hearts ounding every meter closer you get to the sell point its quite the feeling 

and honestly if i get robbed thats fine its the risk i take but my first time getting robbed the guy was quite nice he took all the diamonds and sold them all and took my decent gear but once he was don he said what i did wrong and left me the truck 

i knew next time i may not be so lucky and low behold the next time i wasnt but the times before that i had the help he gave me in my mind and i took what he said onboard and managed to do better

i agree with others as a new player i wasnt baby sat and coddled but as a new player the fe who atleast offered me advice were verry helpfull 

rebels shouldnt be giving second chances if they want to be leniant there call but offer a little advice if the guy seems cool

poseidon and police however should totally be going for the roleplay over trying to screw over a new player 

I so believe when it comes to new players especially when I have seen them doing runs in the cartels lands we ask them to pay a small fine or even go on what roleplay they provide.  It's all to do with the different circumstances and the roleplay we receive. 

Eh, to me there's a difference between those clearly on their first day on RPUK and those who've been here a couple weeks. While it's obviously a bit pathetic to rob hobos who don't even have a pistol, if your hobo gang is doing weed runs with MXs you're absolutely fair game. I do help out hobos every so often when they offer good roleplay, gave one 500k a few days ago outside poseidon base for a good shoe-shine, and to me that seems a lot better than setting everyone with less than 100 hours to permanent god mode to stop them from quitting.

Lol permanent god mode 😂 immortal hobos with rooks that should be fun!

here is a guy who teaches everything you need

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

from my time as a new player my initial impressions were 

posiden were a bunch of dicks and trolls - sorry guys but srsly what else am i to think when fresh on the server im chased down in a heli you guys hop out the heli initiate on my tie me up take me to the top of a crane talking all kinds of crazy shit about experiments and drop me off it, i stuck around long enough to know that was a few bad apples who were making you look bad but still something you need to work on. 

for the example given earlier maybe adopt the aproach of first time cases of say hobos running diamonds, you dump out there hemmts and excort them over the border with clear orders not to come back, this makes there first failire have less of a devastating sting to it cause if anything will demorilize a player more its grinding hard to get there first hemmt near or actually bankrupting themselves to get it, only to have some over keen posedon guy scrap there shit and leaving them bankrupted back to square one x hours leading upto this wasted which at that point many players will be making the decision if they must start over do they do it here or go elsewhere to invest there time.

police - dont bother reporting anything they just wont come police messages are rareley if ever answered any opportunity for roleplay that dosent involve me taking some kind of objective like a fuel station bank or federal or a town will most likley be ignored and if my shit were to ever be stolen then goodluck getting anything from the police.

however if you park your car wrong theyll get that shitimpounded/scrapped faster than you can blink sadley this bareley changed over time police are just a roving death squad that go from conflict to conflict as one unit and throw all there resources at problems leading to the rest of the island suffering as a whole .

i mean good job stopping that 1 guy from robbing a gas station by sending 10 armed officers but how does that help the fact that theres 3 stolen cop cars roaming kavala robbing players blind.

id like to say its a few bad eggs but sadley the police move as one unit and together make this bad. 

things the police could look into you have pcso's they even have distinct uniforms there fairly new and limited anyways in there abilities use them for community outreach put a couple in kavala and have them help hobos and deal with less pressing matters when able. 

the irony is rebels arnt held to any form of a standard but somehow end up coming out on top in terms of new player experience the guy who robbed me yesterday is frequently the guy whos helping me the next and even in situations where a rebel is robbing me ive had them give freindly advice to help me prevent this the next time be it get a gun or dont run X during Y go for something less risky

however for those who arnt already doing it if your going to rob a new player maybe go easy on them if your able if your gonna take there diamonds leave them there hemmt so they can recover from there failiure or at the verry least offer them advice to help them in future 

then theres the server in general this was perhaps the hardest thing for me the rules can at times be confusing and trecherous to navigate just based on sheer length and number of rules alone and thats before even trying to interprate the rules i apreciate why the staff might be reluctant to give concrete examples of whats ok and not ok but some rules seem vague in nature and make trying to enjoy the game harder because your stressed and worried am i breaking a rule 

a example is poor/low quality rp as a new player that rule was verry vague you can say put your hands up or youll be shot but no mention is made as to what is acceoptable or what the standard is that this rule attempts to fix

am i supposed to engage in some elaborate over acted scenario? or am i just being asked to not do 5 word robberies and what standard do we all agree on because if my definition doesent match yours will i end up being reported? if so then whats the standard from staffs point of view do staff even have a standard or is it luck of the drawer

again i apreciate why you dont want to be black and white but the closest ive seen to explanations is a forum post that again just states the rule and doesent set a standard to work from whilst trying to maintain a undefined standard

i dont want to leave the nhs out as it seems biased if i do but being a non combative faction its hard for us to do much that negativley affect a new player much but theres small things we can do to atleast help them we often deal with the aftermath of other factions interactions with new players so perhaps we can do more to help guide them advise they get a handgun or show them where they can get defibs or bloodbags or stretchers to help get themselves out of trouble when it does go bad were with them for atleast 5 mins so the times there for us to help educate them i suppose waiting times can suck and we cant always be there to revive but were working hard to change that with what little man power we have

im not taking a direct dig at anyone here i know it may seem that way but as a new player that was my initial impressions coming onto the server 2 months ago
I will admit that 85% of the time when on patrol I don't respond to Police Dispatches. However, the reason being is that most of the messages are either too vague i.e "Help I have been robbed" or its a complete metagame, giving names and naming gangs over Police Dispatch or again the most common one, people sending Police Dispatches whilst kidnapped and restrained 

If someone has been robbed, the police dispatch should be something along the lines of "Help, I have been robbed by Agios fuel by 2 armed men, one wearing a ghille suit with an assault rifle the other was wearing a green and white stripy shirt with shorts and a black backpack. They fled in a blue hatchback sport, registration number abcd123 towards Kavala"

Now that gives us something to work with, chances of us responding and actually locating the suspects in that situation is way higher. But just saying "Help me" doesn't cut it. Police will respond when able to but usually the dispatch is utter shite and gives no info, not making anyones job any easier

I will admit that 85% of the time when on patrol I don't respond to Police Dispatches. However, the reason being is that most of the messages are either too vague i.e "Help I have been robbed" or its a complete metagame, giving names and naming gangs over Police Dispatch or again the most common one, people sending Police Dispatches whilst kidnapped and restrained 

If someone has been robbed, the police dispatch should be something along the lines of "Help, I have been robbed by Agios fuel by 2 armed men, one wearing a ghille suit with an assault rifle the other was wearing a green and white stripy shirt with shorts and a black backpack. They fled in a blue hatchback sport, registration number abcd123 towards Kavala"

Now that gives us something to work with, chances of us responding and actually locating the suspects in that situation is way higher. But just saying "Help me" doesn't cut it. Police will respond when able to but usually the dispatch is utter shite and gives no info, not making anyones job any easier
compleatly understandable to be fair hopefully some hobos will see this and learn

same sometimes goes for the nhs dispatch help me is great and all but if you really want help giving me some a actual location and name is helpfull yes i know theres grids but im not gonna look up grids especially when driving ideally i like to see

hello person is down due to gunshots at/near lakka fuel area is clear and safe with emphasis on you telling me whats happening/happened so i can figure out before i get there if its safe or disaptching me if your about to do something or want instructions such as im going to move them to X hospital or whats the eta should i blood them or move them

simply saying there down or there down when come asap is useless because we will come asap were not tottally ignorant to them being wounded there a big X on my map i cant miss them 

but yeah even i learned something about dispatch messages to police and will give that a whirl next time

Lots of points made. 

My 2 cents on one aspect. If one unit gets into to a situation where the shooting has already started with your 3 man patrol, how shit would you feel if the 15-20 other cop on the island does not come to your help. When we hear a unit call for help its very hard to not come to them as that's what we are supposed to do help our teammates. Granted we should not be prioritising gunfights but think if you know there was people nearby but they do not move to you when  you are literally dying.... its abit shit 

Lots of points made. 

My 2 cents on one aspect. If one unit gets into to a situation where the shooting has already started with your 3 man patrol, how shit would you feel if the 15-20 other cop on the island does not come to your help. When we hear a unit call for help its very hard to not come to them as that's what we are supposed to do help our teammates. Granted we should not be prioritising gunfights but think if you know there was people nearby but they do not move to you when  you are literally dying.... its abit shit 
I honestly don’t see why you shouldn’t come, it adds more to the situation knowing more officers can potentially show up.

Back