What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

The current state of the police...

Status
Not open for further replies.
R o l e p l a y.....
So in real life, is there redzones where you can shoot anyone? If you where to rob someone with your mates, would you go up to them and say "hello sir, can you kindly put your hands above your head cuz you are being robbed of your lovely goods, and i do have highly trained men with firearms laying in the bushes around you ready to shoot you to make you aware"

Get a grip....

The point of realism, where in the world is there somewhere like Altis, with the murder, drug and crime rate... The police current response is in my opinion still not enough, the new thing where they tell people to put firearms in their bag, should in my opinion dealt with more seriously to stop people taking up such heavy arms in the first post.
That was Stealth's point about realism, if you want us to crack down on guns and drugs more we shall do so. My point still stands that this is a game and that we just need to play it, not sit here replying to a forum post when we could be there roleplaying! AR has the same rights to respond to the drug fields as any other officer.

That was Stealth's point about realism, if you want us to crack down on guns and drugs more we shall do so. My point still stands that this is a game and that we just need to play it, not sit here replying to a forum post when we could be there roleplaying! AR has the same rights to respond to the drug fields as any other officer.
My biggest issue is baiting and fishing for gun fights. Game or irl you are the police. Atleast maintain some realistic factors of the word police. Acting like rebels sometimes

Last edited by a moderator:
My biggest issue is baiting and fishing for gun fights. Game or irl you are the police. Atleast maintain some realistic factors of the word police. Acting like rebels sometimes
So you call enforcing the law baiting? Doing our job with cracking down on the drugs and weapons is baiting? Simply because someone gave you bad attitude? Get real dude

So in real life, is there redzones where you can shoot anyone? If you where to rob someone with your mates, would you go up to them and say "hello sir, can you kindly put your hands above your head cuz you are being robbed of your lovely goods, and i do have highly trained men with firearms laying in the bushes around you ready to shoot you to make you aware"

Get a grip....
You are forgetting that you are a whitelisted faction aimed to replicate the police force. Like i said. Acting aggresive against people who are aggresive and actively commiting crimes is good Thats your job. Im saying that why do cops act in a way that causes hostile situations when theyre is no crime being commited? Not near any drug areas. Just on the road. You seem to pick and choose what you are replying to 😂

So you call enforcing the law baiting? Doing our job with cracking down on the drugs and weapons is baiting? Simply because someone gave you bad attitude? Get real dude
Please read all of what i say mate.

You are forgetting that you are a whitelisted faction aimed to replicate the police force. Like i said. Acting aggresive against people who are aggresive and actively commiting crimes. Thats your job. Im saying that why do cops act in a way that causes hostile situations. You seem to pick and choose what you are replying to 😂

Please read all of what i say mate.
So you do realize you are a DRUG cartel with ILLEGAL Rifles , you FORCEFULLY taken some land from the government.... aren't we allowed to be kinda hostile towards a cartel that has pretty much always been hostile to us?

At the end of the day taking your weapons and stopping the drug runs is us doing our jobs, i really don't know what else you want us to do?

You are forgetting that you are a whitelisted faction aimed to replicate the police force. Like i said. Acting aggresive against people who are aggresive and actively commiting crimes. Thats your job. Im saying that why do cops act in a way that causes hostile situations. You seem to pick and choose what you are replying to 😂
I pick and choose where you are lost in your debate. And i gave my opinion above. Just because someone gave you bad attitude doesnt mean he wants to fight you? And when you say we "do patrol in ""your"" lands" when theres nothing going on anyway? How on earth would we know that theres nothing going on until we've checked all over the place to see nothing going on? And what do you know about our intentions? We are maybe there to just go down to rebel to catch some smaller fish at the Outpost? Or just take a nice ride in the weather who knows, our job is the enforce the law, over the whole damn map, even for speeding on "your" side of the map

So you do realize you are a DRUG cartel with ILLEGAL Rifles , you FORCEFULLY taken some land from the government.... aren't we allowed to be kinda hostile towards a cartel that has pretty much always been hostile to us?

At the end of the day taking your weapons and stopping the drug runs is us doing our jobs, i really don't know what else you want us to do?
Regardless. Doesnt mean roleplay quality should deteriorate and rushes to get guns popping. I always try to roleplay with cops when i see them in Poseidon lands. Weapon in backpack but sometimes you can tell they have the sole agenda of finding an excuse to shoot you. (Not always the case)

Alright, my turn. Now this only reflects my opinion as a member of Armed response since you very specificly mentioned us. I will try to address all your concerns/questions @iggy so hopefully you get  asense in how we think. I must say @Jamie did it very well. 

Ait, off we go. 

In terms of the Armed Response unit. I do not understand why they are always looking for trouble? Surely if you are here to maintain peace and adhere to the police ethics (which maintain realistic but fun roleplay) you wouldn't be in a powerful drug cartel lands when nothing is going on. No operation. Nothing. ( thats NCAs job)
The Armed Response Unit is the spearhead of an  armed response for a situation that have gone south. This is everyting from Code 0's up to stop and searches of suspects and searching premises. This is very wide and you will se us do these things. AR is not about peace.. Armed Response IS and WILL be the men/women going in to end a situation by the means given to them. This is of course a bigger arsenal of weapons ranging from support weapons to high caliber marksman rifles.  This is not about descalating a situation. We are there to end it. Preserving life is always number one prio but in most cases we do not have that option. Shots are flying and we are expected to end it.

We are still regular officers in the range from PC up to SI's so we are still Police Officers and under these ethics. (This might be wierd coming from me). But on a personal note here. Nothing throws a rebel or a cartel member more off than a cop that responds exactly how a rebel would answer. Thats how i do it.  This brings into why it may seem like we are there to create "trouble".

But let me ask you this, when you see 3-4 Spec Unit patrols cars crossing the border. What happens then?

I can tell you that 80-90 percent of your assets gets rotated around to follow, intercept or even deal with.
 Why? Well you think we are there to cause, take or start something? Am i right?
Well sir, you have at this point.. well.. been fucked over. In many cases we do have a goal of dealing with  something within the area, but sometimes we are just there. Now this is were the art of deception is in full swing. So instead of pestering civlians and other Police Officers, you are following us. For a tad bit of time, the island is safe, our officers are safe. 

Do you understand?

Aight, next.

Secondly, if you see one LONE  hemmt doing a weed run. Why would you think its ok to risk officers lives to stop One truck and one player when you know that its going to upset the the controller of the lands and cause a gunfight risking officers and civilian lives (as it would upset you guys in the queensland) 
Crime is crime. Us dealing with a Box on your side is a precaution and a safety issue. 3 normal patrol officers in there dealing a Box doing drugs makes no sense. Death sentence.

They're have been cases of armed response officer lottering around poseidon lands for no good reason. And when rightfully questioned act arrogantly and rude (this isnt the case with all AR members) 
I refer to the long answer on number one.

3. Why are the armed response team patrolling with full gear.  As it states in the name shouldnt they only respond to calls?
Back in the old days when i was a fucking nervous wreck going around ont he island robbing Iron Miners, int he back of y head i always had." If AR comes now, im fucked."
By beeing there, present, visible. Can detur any suspect of doing any crime/harm to anyone. If our patrol is quiet and boring, well. We've done our job.

Its actually funny to see police setup up on hills and bushes BEFORE they even start to talk to you. Prepared for a gunfight before any roleplay is Initiated. This isnt RPUK KOTH
Everyone does this, even medics if they had starter pistols. 

At the end of the day @iggy you a part of a cartel, do you really expect us to give you a rose and kiss you on the cheek? For the greater good and safety of others, so that they may live. Some things needs to be done and dealt with. Roleplay is fantastic, thats why we all are here.. Hell, even @Ant Arni and @Jordy were Roleplayers back in the day. (They still are).
I enjoy it and will find a witty thing to talk about to make the other half laugh. But sometimes you will hear me screaming to you that you should surrender. I am probably the only one running up to someone telling them to surrender moments before we rush the building.  Thats fun for me and hopefully people think thats fun aswell. 

Not saying they shouldn't. But you don't see military/heavily armed police units just driving around on patrol. That would be rather odd. They react to calls for backup from normal units.

I fully agree that the police should enforce the law and of course try and deal with the drug runs. I am merely wondering about the role and function of AR in this in terms of realism to the extent that we can expect on the server of course. 
The crime rate and the Cartel with military grade weapons is forcing the Service to use Armed Response to its fullest potential. Even thou we spend half the time dead to a fucking car accident.. xD

Rebels, Posedion or even the NHS.. Mess with the bull and you WILL get the horn..
Like this video for example, we look fucking good. 

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

If you need anything else, contact the AR command or if you want a friendly chat with the best driver ont he island, hit me up.

but is it common for them to stop near a group of people and start being rude and pushing them around?
In real situations, these officers drive around all day until they are called to situations, it's their job. This is a game, a role play server where people want to roleplay. If AR drove around until they got called to a situation, they would get bored, and people would call them out for avoiding roleplay and just gunfighting. 

32 minutes ago, Stavik said:

Alright, my turn. Now this only reflects my opinion as a member of Armed response since you very specificly mentioned us. I will try to address all your concerns/questions @iggy so hopefully you get  asense in how we think. I must say @Jamie did it very well. 

Ait, off we go. 

The Armed Response Unit is the spearhead of an  armed response for a situation that have gone south. This is everyting from Code 0's up to stop and searches of suspects and searching premises. This is very wide and you will se us do these things. AR is not about peace.. Armed Response IS and WILL be the men/women going in to end a situation by the means given to them. This is of course a bigger arsenal of weapons ranging from support weapons to high caliber marksman rifles.  This is not about descalating a situation. We are there to end it. Preserving life is always number one prio but in most cases we do not have that option. Shots are flying and we are expected to end it.

We are still regular officers in the range from PC up to SI's so we are still Police Officers and under these ethics. (This might be wierd coming from me). But on a personal note here. Nothing throws a rebel or a cartel member more off than a cop that responds exactly how a rebel would answer. Thats how i do it.  This brings into why it may seem like we are there to create "trouble".

But let me ask you this, when you see 3-4 Spec Unit patrols cars crossing the border. What happens then?

I can tell you that 80-90 percent of your assets gets rotated around to follow, intercept or even deal with.
 Why? Well you think we are there to cause, take or start something? Am i right?
Well sir, you have at this point.. well.. been fucked over. In many cases we do have a goal of dealing with  something within the area, but sometimes we are just there. Now this is were the art of deception is in full swing. So instead of pestering civlians and other Police Officers, you are following us. For a tad bit of time, the island is safe, our officers are safe. 

Do you understand?

Aight, next.

Crime is crime. Us dealing with a Box on your side is a precaution and a safety issue. 3 normal patrol officers in there dealing a Box doing drugs makes no sense. Death sentence.

I refer to the long answer on number one.

Back in the old days when i was a fucking nervous wreck going around ont he island robbing Iron Miners, int he back of y head i always had." If AR comes now, im fucked."
By beeing there, present, visible. Can detur any suspect of doing any crime/harm to anyone. If our patrol is quiet and boring, well. We've done our job.

Everyone does this, even medics if they had starter pistols. 

At the end of the day @iggy you a part of a cartel, do you really expect us to give you a rose and kiss you on the cheek? For the greater good and safety of others, so that they may live. Some things needs to be done and dealt with. Roleplay is fantastic, thats why we all are here.. Hell, even @Ant Arni and @Jordy were Roleplayers back in the day. (They still are).
I enjoy it and will find a witty thing to talk about to make the other half laugh. But sometimes you will hear me screaming to you that you should surrender. I am probably the only one running up to someone telling them to surrender moments before we rush the building.  Thats fun for me and hopefully people think thats fun aswell. 

The crime rate and the Cartel with military grade weapons is forcing the Service to use Armed Response to its fullest potential. Even thou we spend half the time dead to a fucking car accident.. xD

Rebels, Posedion or even the NHS.. Mess with the bull and you WILL get the horn..
Like this video for example, we look fucking good. 

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
This is the type of response i anticipated and welcome. I am glad to get your side of things and to be honest i couldn't agree with you more. Its always a pleasure when talking with you on patrol. When we cross paths it either a fair fight or banter 😂

Cheers for explaining my questions clearly without the immaturity displayed by half the force aha. 

If you could close the thread please also

/iggy 

You were saying...... the irony

View attachment 12971
Right well, Lets get this sorted.

At that moment of time during my laps of judgement, and stupid actions i was NOT acting on behalf of the altis police department or my fellow officers.

I am being punished for this and that is between me and my higher officers, But this is saying that in the altis police service discipline is taken seriously, I may regret my actions, But they are still my actions and i have to deal with the punishment that they bring.

So what i want to ask you is have you ever done something that you later regret, the answer is probably yes.

With this i can not undo my actions i can only do the punishment set aside by the higher powers of the police force, And yes i do think that i was being stupid and that the things said in that message were not great and that makes me ashamed that i would let myself do something so stupid.

Lets finish with this,  I am being punished for my actions as are all the officers that do something wrong, I have seen where i have went wrong and even know there may be reasoning behind it , It can never be good enough. The last thing that has all ready been mentioned is that  I was not acting on behalf  the police force and my fellow officers.

Sincerely 

Mark

Right well, Lets get this sorted.

At that moment of time during my laps of judgement, and stupid actions i was NOT acting on behalf of the altis police department or my fellow officers.

I am being punished for this and that is between me and my higher officers, But this is saying that in the altis police service discipline is taken seriously, I may regret my actions, But they are still my actions and i have to deal with the punishment that they bring.

So what i want to ask you is have you ever done something that you later regret, the answer is probably yes.

With this i can not undo my actions i can only do the punishment set aside by the higher powers of the police force, And yes i do think that i was being stupid and that the things said in that message were not great and that makes me ashamed that i would let myself do something so stupid.

Lets finish with this,  I am being punished for my actions as are all the officers that do something wrong, I have seen where i have went wrong and even know there may be reasoning behind it , It can never be good enough. The last thing that has all ready been mentioned is that  I was not acting on behalf  the police force and my fellow officers.

Sincerely 

Mark
*THIS IS ALSO POSTED IN POLICE CHAT*

Per @iggy request this will now be closed some what productive had much more potential to be some what constructive however most people got there pantys in a twist by the looks of things

Therefore locking to prevent further twisting 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back