What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

The new economy

guns in the UK ( where they are illigal like altis and tanoa) cost a lot more than 1000£ mate lol or so i hear
Illegal guns in real life (on the deep web) go for about 10 ish bitcoins, (5k pounds) you can also acquire guns which have been used for crime for a lot less (this would be player - player trade) and legally acquiring a gun in real life is: really hard, weapon + licensing of the weapon is around 800-1500£ depending on what you get.

Illegal guns in real life (on the deep web) go for about 10 ish bitcoins, (5k pounds) you can also acquire guns which have been used for crime for a lot less (this would be player - player trade) and legally acquiring a gun in real life is: really hard, weapon + licensing of the weapon is around 800-1500£ depending on what you get.
i can tell you now, even if you get a dirty gun, you aint getting a rifle in the uk for less than £8000

or so i hear

i can tell you now, even if you get a dirty gun, you aint getting a rifle in the uk for less than £8000

or so i hear
Probably not in the UK, since gun control is so harsh there might be extra taxes on getting anything alike an automatic rifle.

Can you show me a shop in the UK that sells the equivalent to a MK14 LEGALLY to anyone holding a "firearms license"........ these weapons are illegal on the island, they're smuggled in, and the island which (roleplayingly) seemed to be closed borders only recently opened up... to immigration, and security checks are high... getting guns is not an easy thing at this time... as for level? the guy doesn't trust you enough to sell his best weapons to... 
Clearly you haven't played enough to understand what guns I'm talking about. Come back with some more experience before you try to flame my post. In talking about the pistols in Georgetown .

Can you show me a shop in the UK that sells the equivalent to a MK14 LEGALLY to anyone holding a "firearms license"........ these weapons are illegal on the island, they're smuggled in, and the island which (roleplayingly) seemed to be closed borders only recently opened up... to immigration, and security checks are high... getting guns is not an easy thing at this time... as for level? the guy doesn't trust you enough to sell his best weapons to... 
I do not think that guns at the pistol shop are smuggled in seeing as it is a legal establishment.

http://www.gundeal.co.uk/walther-ppq-.22-lr-.pistol-hand-guns-for-sale-2595 

Wow! The pistol I posted is well under 1000$ on a UK firearms site. It took me 1 minute to find a site with a swathe of pistols for under 1000 in the UK. before you attempt to call me out please do your research.

Clearly you haven't played enough to understand what guns I'm talking about. Come back with some more experience before you try to flame my post. In talking about the pistols in Georgetown .

I do not think that guns at the pistol shop are smuggled in seeing as it is a legal establishment.

Wow! The pistol I posted is well under 1000$ on a UK firearms site. It took me 1 minute to find a site with a swathe of pistols for under 1000 in the UK. before you attempt to call me out please do your research.
You do know that's a .22? That's a lot weaker then the worst pistol available on Tanoa. Check prices for a 9mm Plus the crazy import taxes for flying or shipping it halfway across the world and you got yourself around a thousand pounds worth.

word of advice, loose the attitude before a warning point is issued, as for that weapon , .22 calibre is equal to an air rifle/ pellet gun , so yeah , your post was in fact stupid :D 

Last edited by a moderator:
word of advice, loose the attitude before a warning point is issued, as for that weapon , .22 calibre is equal to an air rifle/ pellet gun , so yeah , your post was in fact stupid :D 
http://www.gundeal.co.uk/glock-17-9mm-auto-.pistol-hand-guns-for-sale-2236

http://gundeal.co.uk/smith-wesson-625-4-45-acp-.45-acp-.pistol-hand-guns-for-sale-2594

Well now I feel like I just have to prove my point.

Dont tell me that a Smith and Wesson is a BB gun.

To be clear I am not trying to fan the flames, but instead I am trying to point out a particular part of the economy that doesn't bare resemblence to the actual world. What would be cool and possibly quite interesting would be the addition of some sort of gun crafting mechanic or factory where you would go to make guns either illegally or legally. Of course, gathering materials to make the gun would take a few hours, but it would encourage people to be more careful with their firearms and treat them as a prized possession instead of a killing machine. Criminal activity would actually have to be planned before it was carried out.

You do know that's a .22? That's a lot weaker then the worst pistol available on Tanoa. Check prices for a 9mm Plus the crazy import taxes for flying or shipping it halfway across the world and you got yourself around a thousand pounds worth.
Similarly, a third world country would never have a high import tax because they are trying to attract the buisiness of first world countries in the hopes that it boosts economic growth and GDP. Having a high import tax if basically a large red sign with bold letters saying, " DONT TRADE WITH ME!!!"

http://gundeal.co.uk/smith-wesson-625-4-45-acp-.45-acp-.pistol-hand-guns-for-sale-2594

Similarly, a third world country would never have a high import tax because they are trying to attract the buisiness of first world countries in the hopes that it boosts economic growth and GDP. Having a high import tax if basically a large red sign with bold letters saying, " DONT TRADE WITH ME!!!"
Taxes might have been a wrong word to use, I mean the amount of money it costs to ship an item to Tanoa. When I was in east Africa in Tanzania, western items like coca cola cost an arm and a leg just because it wasn't produced there and needed to be transported halfway across the world.

Taxes might have been a wrong word to use, I mean the amount of money it costs to ship an item to Tanoa. When I was in east Africa in Tanzania, western items like coca cola cost an arm and a leg just because it wasn't produced there and needed to be transported halfway across the world.
ok, that makes more sense. I would totally agree with you on that.

To be clear I am not trying to fan the flames, but instead I am trying to point out a particular part of the economy that doesn't bare resemblence to the actual world. What would be cool and possibly quite interesting would be the addition of some sort of gun crafting mechanic or factory where you would go to make guns either illegally or legally. Of course, gathering materials to make the gun would take a few hours, but it would encourage people to be more careful with their firearms and treat them as a prized possession instead of a killing machine. Criminal activity would actually have to be planned before it was carried out.

Again, your using a random UK website (that's actually for south Ireland) as an example, what about the licence, big bold letters at the bottom of the page,  that states you need a special licence from the police or what ever it said, now are you telling me that every tom dick and harry can just walk into a shop and get there hands on one of these licences ,because if we want to be "realistic" then we would have to remove the ability to by a pistol from everyone except about 5% of the population, would you not agree?

Why the attitude? Nobody called you out mate, you can't get pissy just because someone doesn't agree with you.

YOU WANT A CHEAP GUN?
C'MON THEN 50 QUID AND IT'S YOURS (Use at own risk)
Best+not+be+talking+about+the+obrez+_d5a9b9c4bbd88694c807a7701b6cdcb9.jpg

Clearly... it's not like I wrote the entire economy from scratch or anything..... oh wait... I did.... (With help from @Genesis)

You see that giant high-horse you're on? it's actually normal-size you're just small.....

Now, if you want to talk to someone who's put HOURS of work into this economy and (other than real life work) hasn't really actually stopped (lots of tweaks happening for balance) with that attitude, you're free to go play on any other rdm server. Clearly no life experience... seriously, you think everyone has a gun in real life? maybe in PARTS of America, yes, but this isn't America.

There's a door, you're more than welcome to use it, or you can become a man, and actually try decent FEEDBACK rather than "this is shit, i cant shoot people on day 1".

You can buy any gun in the UK as long as its bolt action. 

Jeez, chill out.

Have some respect and check the attitude lad. There are many people here who give their free time to provide YOU and ME with a place to relax during our free time. You are out of line and quite frankly, comments like you've made here  show you're not the sort of person that will fit into this community.

I hope you wind your neck in, have an early night and come back tomorrow with a better attitude pal.

Clearly... it's not like I wrote the entire economy from scratch or anything..... oh wait... I did.... (With help from @Genesis)

You see that giant high-horse you're on? it's actually normal-size you're just small.....

Now, if you want to talk to someone who's put HOURS of work into this economy and (other than real life work) hasn't really actually stopped (lots of tweaks happening for balance) with that attitude, you're free to go play on any other rdm server. Clearly no life experience... seriously, you think everyone has a gun in real life? maybe in PARTS of America, yes, but this isn't America.

There's a door, you're more than welcome to use it, or you can become a man, and actually try decent FEEDBACK rather than "this is shit, i cant shoot people on day 1".
Do you realize that adster had already corrected me and in response I edited my nxt post to provide a suggestion that I have seen been used on other servers quite effectively to regulate gun trade? Tanoa is an excellent place for smelting materials for guns it is a poor tropical nation w/ millitarized police. Today, in countries like Pakistan and Afghanistan many people smelt iron fragments and other metals in order to produce home made guns. It would be an interesting idea.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Do you realize that adster had already corrected me and in response I edited my nxt post to provide a suggestion that I have seen been used on other servers quite effectively to regulate gun trade? Tanoa is an excellent place for smelting materials for guns it is a poor tropical nation w/ millitarized police. Today, in countries like Pakistan and Afghanistan many people smelt iron fragments and other metals in order to produce home made guns. It would be an interesting idea.
whilst building your own tools does sound cool, it be put in suggestions.... But Tanoa isn't militarized... they're currently armed with tasers and rubber balls... I don't believe AR has had any call-outs yet

@Spunky Bumlove @CSI Xsum @

Back