What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

This kind of roleplay should be against the rules.

Haywire

Escaped Convict
I usually try to avoid these kind of posts because they just cause drama but the experience I had earlier was unacceptable. 

I generally have a lot of respect for for the larger rebel gangs however I was very disappointed with the roleplay shown by two members today. I was doing an iron run when I ran over some spikes. Two armed men telling me to get out and put my hands up. Of course, I did exactly as they said.  After I explained I had iron ore in my truck and nothing but my clothes they got annoyed and decided to put me in their offroad. 

I tried to talk to them and start some kind of roleplay session however they ignored me. After a little bit, the guys in my AEGIS channel started trying to talk to me in which I didn't respond. They saw my GPS moving and assumed I was in trouble so came in helicopters immediately. 

My kidnappers barely spoke and when I tried to initiate some kind of roleplay / negotiation they told me to "Shut the fuck up".

Finally, at the end they told me they are going to pull off and execute me. I had my doubts at first and thought I could speak with them to change their minds but again, they had no intention of roleplaying.

Finally, they pulled off to the right. Someone got out and said

"I'm going to shoot you now"

And half a second later I was dead.

==============================================================================

This kind of roleplay in my eyes is just as bad as RDM. It hurts me to think that established gangs are doing this kind of thing and it's even worse to think that newer players can and will experience this as their first impression on the server.

I strongly believe that extremely poor roleplay should result in a temporary / permanent ban. That, or finding execuses to kill such as "I will kill you know" should be classed as RDM.

I would love to hear your thoughts.

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems to me there is so little RP in this scenario that I would basically class it as prolonged RDM, maybe if they had talked to you in the car on the way or given some kind of speech before executing you then it would have been a little better.

Did you even try and talk to them about it ? if you felt it was crap RP which from your story it seems not the best RP but still you could of talked to them before posting this also you could and can talk to,

@RAMBEAU i'm sure he would talk to you about the two members in question.

On the other note i agree with this, i have not kidnapped and killed someone in cold blood for a long time but the other day 2 people told me to get out of my car i complied they ziptied me took me to the side of road and said , we are killing you because he almost crashed into us, they then shot me.... it is bannable ?

3B) RDM - Random Death Match Definition:

Shooting at someone without engaging in any form of quality role play (eg. Giving enough time for them to comply with your order) is considered RDM. (Punishment is a ban)

Seems to me this RP is not where near quality RP it's more like RP you would find at pound land.

Did you even try and talk to them about it ? if you felt it was crap RP which from your story it seems not the best RP but still you could of talked to them before posting this also you could and can talk to,

@RAMBEAU i'm sure he would talk to you about the two members in question 
To be honest I was very annoyed with the situation it didn't even cross my mind,

I would be more than willing to talk with them if there's anything to be discussed. I didn't pay much attention to their names so i'm struggling to remember who it was.

The purpose of this post wasn't to have a dig at any of the members (hence the reason I didnt mention names) but to make people aware of the kind of thing that does happen on the server and that it needs to be changed.

This sort of rp gets on my nerves, and I'm also getting increasingly more fed up of the "5 seconds or your dead" style of play; I agree with you it should either fall under RDM or make it on the record that it is not quality rp.

Taking someone hostage should have a reason other than taking them somewhere else to kill them its boring its one sided and will cause people to leave.

Rp is supposed to be enjoyable for all parties involved,

Maratek

Expose them for what they are. Even if it isn't a report, expose them for the poor RP.

Honestly, I don't record often and generally I just have my screen recorder at the ready in a situation I might need it, but I think I'm going to start recording any time I'm interacting with someone with malicious intent. If their RP isn't of proper "quality" it is against the rules and I will report them. Even if it isn't accepted, they will still be exposed for their poor RP.

Of course, you're better off to try and advise them prior to actually making any sort of "report' but if they don't listen to top-notch RP, then why would they listen to OOC advice?

EDIT: because this seems bloodthirsty, I want to add that reporting should follow after you've exhausted the options at hand (RPing well with them, talking to them, referring them to a mentor etc) and reserved for the guys who push the borders of the rules simply because it's fun to ruin the experience for everyone else.

Expose them for what they are. Even if it isn't a report, expose them for the poor RP.

Honestly, I don't record often and generally I just have my screen recorder at the ready in a situation I might need it, but I think I'm going to start recording any time I'm interacting with someone with malicious intent. If their RP isn't of proper "quality" it is against the rules and I will report them. Even if it isn't accepted, they will still be exposed for their poor RP.

Of course, you're better off to try and advise them prior to actually making any sort of "report' but if they don't listen to top-notch RP, then why would they listen to OOC advice?
i don't see the point in naming the people ? nothing good at all will come of it. "malicious intent" yes i will kidnap you yes i will hold you up and rob you, it's all RP if done well it's fine , i really do not see the need in posting all their names, if you talk to them after you had some bad RP with them, i'm sure you can talk it out, posting everything will just cause drama and no one needs any more fucking drama.

i don't see the point in naming the people ? nothing good at all will come of it. "malicious intent" yes i will kidnap you yes i will hold you up and rob you, it's all RP if done well it's fine , i really do not see the need in posting all their names, if you talk to them after you had some bad RP with them, i'm sure you can talk it out, posting everything will just cause drama and no one needs any more fucking drama.
The point in naming people is punishment for their shoddy RP. It is last resort, of course. :p

As I've stated, one should try to show an exemplary level of RP with them and try and wiggle them into a better mindset without talking to them OOCly, and if that doesn't work, have a quick word with them over TS3. That doesn't work and they continue to put up an ignorant front, what are you left to do?

Random executions like this one seem pretty stupid and should be against the rules.

The point in naming people is punishment for their shoddy RP. It is last resort, of course. :p

As I've stated, one should try to show an exemplary level of RP with them and try and wiggle them into a better mindset without talking to them OOCly, and if that doesn't work, have a quick word with them over TS3. That doesn't work and they continue to put up an ignorant front, what are you left to do?
3zWJbtA.png
I'm sure their happy to help. ♥

3zWJbtA.png
I'm sure their happy to help. ♥
Yes, I am sure they are.

The one issue with that is if they didn't listen to the player when he gave the advice, they more than likely aren't interested in changing. A chat with a mentor might help in some cases, though, but Hatching is right - something has to be done about it. c:

Yes, I am sure they are.

The one issue with that is if they didn't listen to the player when he gave the advice, they more than likely aren't interested in changing. A chat with a mentor might help in some cases, though, but Hatching is right - something has to be done about it. c:
I agree but posting their name all over the website because they did not RP well, is abit too far. Should be dealt with in a different manner 90% of people will talk to you about it.

(my last post on the matter.)

Kidnapping someone because they have nothing to rob, and not attempting to hold them for ransom and just shooting them is shitty as hell, and I think deserves a report. Taking a hostage should only be for the purpose to get something in return. It's different if you try calling the police to get money, things go south, and you shoot the hostage because of so. Or if it's a gang that captures a high ranking cop and wants to make a statement to police and Altis by executing him as an example (CSI Fisher BBQ for example.)

Kidnapping someone because they have nothing to rob, and not attempting to hold them for ransom and just shooting them is shitty as hell, and I think deserves a report. Taking a hostage should only be for the purpose to get something in return. It's different if you try calling the police to get money, things go south, and you shoot the hostage because of so. Or if it's a gang that captures a high ranking cop and wants to make a statement to police and Altis by executing him as an example (CSI Fisher BBQ for example.)
CSI JohnJoeegan <3 

Never Forget.

The problem lies with that certain gangs have completely lost the respect for the police and now do as they please. Sadly some officers let them walk around Kavala with illegal weapons in their hands (not talking about Aegis who apparantly got some deal with the police, unless Im misinformed). Ofc if a gang has 20+ members online at the same time on the same server they will own it.

From a rp perspective its a catastrophe that they so blantantly can ignore the normal rules (not server law) and get away with it because the police "has to value their lives at all cost".

The problem lies with that certain gangs have completely lost the respect for the police and now do as they please. Sadly some officers let them walk around Kavala with illegal weapons in their hands (not talking about Aegis who apparantly got some deal with the police, unless Im misinformed). Ofc if a gang has 20+ members online at the same time on the same server they will own it.

From a rp perspective its a catastrophe that they so blantantly can ignore the normal rules (not server law) and get away with it because the police "has to value their lives at all cost".
Even trying to RP it's come down to

Me: Hey guys that's a nice airsoft gun it looks kinda cool

Them: Fuck off leave now, oh yeah not leaving... *BANG BANG BANG*

Me: Hey fellers are you coming back from a hunting trip, bag anything good?

Them: Go away or die *BANG BANG BANG*

Me: Hey guys those kinda look illegal, are they replicas?

Them: GO AWAY RAWRRRRRR

It's getting frustrating, I wish they would make it illegal to wear any kind of "Rebel" gear within the city limits.

Back