What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Thoughts on Police vs Rebel Weapons

Mr Eagle

Banned
I'm not under any circumstances creating this post to start a drama war or any type of flame war between players. I just want your honest opinions. Do you guys think its fair that police mainly are based around the 5.56 rifle range and civ's can easily go and purchase a 7.62 ect? I understand this has been discussed multiple times but i just want your opinions. I personally see it as unfair because i go to a bank operation expecting Roleplay and get busted in the skull by a 7.62 from 1km away and our 5.56's only shoot 300m. But i never made this post to start a flame war can i have your opinions lads? 

Ps. I don't want any comments going "Its about the RP not the guns" 

Thanks, Eagle.

IMO police have access to smaller calibre weapons because they should be highly skilled with those weapons. Unlike rebels who have no official training. 

What's the point in risking loosing expensive, high calibre weapons when they can use a 5.56 just as effectively at close range. 

I had a situation yesterday where we were RP'ing with 2 guys caught by the cops, and 3 police officers. The two guys had a sniper, and when he started taking pot shots the cops weren't able to do anything at 600m with their rubber bullet guns. It took one of us (the UNMC) to kill him with a 7.62. 

So there's a lot to balance, really. And that balance is really hard to get, but I think with the recent reverted changes with AR, we've got it as best as it can get. 

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO police have access to smaller calibre weapons because they should be highly skilled with those weapons. Unlike rebels who have no official training. 
I'm sure you're aware when applying for the police or in general being apart of the police force you don't go through any training with the weapons at all (Unless in AR). Yeah as a PC you get an SDAR and SPC a vermin and ect. But do you see where i'm coming from? We can't have equal gunfights when the rebels want to do a bank OP for the money. 

I'm not under any circumstances creating this post to start a drama war or any type of flame war between players. I just want your honest opinions. Do you guys think its fair that police mainly are based around the 5.56 rifle range and civ's can easily go and purchase a 7.62 ect? I understand this has been discussed multiple times but i just want your opinions. I personally see it as unfair because i go to a bank operation expecting Roleplay and get busted in the skull by a 7.62 from 1km away and our 5.56's only shoot 300m. But i never made this post to start a flame war can i have your opinions lads? 

Ps. I don't want any comments going "Its about the RP not the guns" 

Thanks, Eagle.
As the other thread when I posted, 5.56 ain't all that bad. Yeah it's pretty shitty against 7.62 but yeah. We have the advantage of rubbers!

Within the police i feel this type of system works as it rewards for dedication and time in the police.

Bank ops honestly don't feel like that big of a problem. Go in with rubbers and let bug guns stay 1k away from bank and be useless as fuck. it's about how you use it. To touch on this I think we are losing bank ops as AR lack members and over 20.... yes 20 highly experienced cops have left recently.. some of the best.

Yes it would be great for 6.5 specific for bank ops but that's something I'm sure can be looked at in due course.

Just ask for a longer barrel MK20 with an RCO for now and as you progress in ranks you are trusted and rewarded with better weaponry.

At some points I can see where you are commenting on. When on normal patrol I think that an MK20 is enough when no ops are going on. However when at bank ops I agree that the cops a lot of the get killed because of getting out gunned. This is because a lot of our cops have to get closer combat because they are unable to snipe with a 5.56. Just my opinion. But to be honest I don't think this will be much of a problem if the bank was Role played more which means less gunfights are made. IMO some people go into the bank looking for a fight with the cops.  

-PSCO Husky.

Yes cops need AR. but still its police they shouldn't be walking with mx's all the time. Cops just need to be more trained and need to have good communications. At the moment cops really need some people that are active and don't mind to be hard for other officers while in an operation.

I was watching a bank OP from the hill far away. I saw 5 officers died 1 by 1 cause they were running towards the HM with guns on their back. What is the good in that you just get sprayed down. Cops need to control these situations.

I agree it is shit that rebels do HM's everyday. But it is the game.

As the other thread when I posted, 5.56 ain't all that bad. Yeah it's pretty shitty against 7.62 but yeah. We have the advantage of rubbers!

Within the police i feel this type of system works as it rewards for dedication and time in the police.

Bank ops honestly don't feel like that big of a problem. Go in with rubbers and let bug guns stay 1k away from bank and be useless as fuck. it's about how you use it. To touch on this I think we are losing bank ops as AR lack members and over 20.... yes 20 highly experienced cops have left recently.. some of the best.

Yes it would be great for 6.5 specific for bank ops but that's something I'm sure can be looked at in due course.

Just ask for a longer barrel MK20 with an RCO for now and as you progress in ranks you are trusted and rewarded with better weaponry.
Yeah i agree completely, however its quite hard to restrain someone once they have been rubber'd because they shout in TS "I've been rubber'd" and then you get lit up. But thank you for your input.

Yeah i agree completely, however its quite hard to restrain someone once they have been rubber'd because they shout in TS "I've been rubber'd" and then you get lit up. But thank you for your input.
Kinda FailRP but I've done it myself so can't comment. TTheother 2 points I wanted to add were 

1) to the future cops commenting remember a lot of tgese gangs have played every faction and have done fantastic RP. They are simply running out of things to do. Realistically now... is there any original reason to enter the HM? I can tell ya now I've sat on a channel with some of the best roleplayers I know (Walt and some of the Marmite Miners) and tried to come up with something but almost everything has been done.   A lot of these gangs just want something to do and when you have essentially reached end game it is hard to find something to do.. they are playing the role of a rebel after all 

2) I also feel mlost bank ops fall apart when someone experienced isn't leading. Some sort of training / tips / leaflet type post couldbbe made if anyone would actually use it (would have to he for SGT and bekow)

Kinda FailRP but I've done it myself so can't comment. TTheother 2 points I wanted to add were 

1) to the future cops commenting remember a lot of tgese gangs have played every faction and have done fantastic RP. They are simply running out of things to do. Realistically now... is there any original reason to enter the HM? I can tell ya now I've sat on a channel with some of the best roleplayers I know (Walt and some of the Marmite Miners) and tried to come up with something but almost everything has been done.   A lot of these gangs just want something to do and when you have essentially reached end game it is hard to find something to do.. they are playing the role of a rebel after all 

2) I also feel mlost bank ops fall apart when someone experienced isn't leading. Some sort of training / tips / leaflet type post couldbbe made if anyone would actually use it (would have to he for SGT and bekow)
Yeah i agree completely. I personally believe cops are not very lenient when it comes to RP bank OP's. If people make a decent attempt, at least reward them.

As long as you have someone good running the operation it isn't all that bad. Usually they order PC's with the MK20's to rubber people inside the bank. whereas people in Ar, NCA or higher ranking officers can be outside with their 7.62 and 6.5. I mean if you're rushing a sniper on higher ground it's not gonna end well really is it. but yeah it is unbalanced but you get rewarded at higher ranks.

Just to add onto the note of bankjobs hunters are available to certain officers hunters being armoured and fairly difficult to shoot drivers out make them effective now what I've seen hunters doing is chasing ifrits around the hunters will have a full crew so 4 cops chasing a ifrit round in circles making them 4 cops useless what stops that hunter going to say the east side of the bank after I-99 has said there are no snipers watching east rolling up to the door all with rubbers and rubbering all rebels in the bank it takes 1 rubber to do so @DylanI've seen you do this but you did it solo why arnt all cops doing this u literally cannot stop it it then turns the situation from attacking into defence making them snipers 1km useless they have to cross open field to re take control of the bank and surely after a certain time frame of holding the banks compound the cops should be allowed to re seal the bank 

4 minutes ago, Finchyy said:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Legit quoting is so broken on mobile it's a joke 

2 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Yea that's the vid I can't watch the video due to shit internet but I'm sure u where solo if so that's one officer who just won the bankop

tbh hunters should be always in the police's armoury and brought out in worst case scenario's people are robbing a bank ffs why arnt spc allowed to take a armoured hunter and do what Dylan did it honestly is as easy as that 3 cops with rubbers in that building it's easy win get the hunter driver pick up more cops drop off in building more cops in building like to see them snipers get close to the bank building 

6 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Last time didnt go as planned did it mr dylan xd

What if I told you rubbers are the best weapon in the game. I love them its so easy

I was always under the Impression a Police officers most powerful weapon was there words, you can't rp with a dead man.

What if I told you rubbers are the best weapon in the game. I love them its so eas
I was always under the Impression a Police officers most powerful weapon was there words, you can't rp with a dead man.
Go and try and talk to the rebels in the bank that want to kill you after they've killed cops...... 

Voice still is best weapon but when the charge is down and they are killing cops good luck trying to talk them into surrendering

The police officers best weapon is a rubber bullet gun after words. I've seen cops recently quick to switch to lethals. Rubber bullet takes 1 hit, they go down, someone restrains them, move on to next. 

Back