What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Appeal - Bandz - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bandz

Unban Appeal for Bandz 

In-game Name: Kane Brooks

Server: GTA RP

Steam ID: 76561198827393434

Ban ID: !!rpuk16024!!

Reason given for your ban: C1.7

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: I got banned under common sense for picking up Yacob through a supposedly "closed" door in the Lost MC clubhouse. I was put into a ticket and asked if I was the one that picked up Yacob, which I replied "Yes it was me". The reason I think I was banned was because I didn't come forward myself and admit I did it/didn't have any evidence of the situation.

Why should we unban you ?: The reason I didn't come forward was because I did not see any issue with what I did. At the time of the situation, two members were downed right beside the door of the clubhouse. Numerous Aztecas were shooting the door keep it clearly open and I picked up Yacob. If I was to supposedly exploit and pick someone up through the door, it would be physically impossible as game mechanics doesn't let you pick up someone through a wall/door. Everyone knows how desync and buggy an MLO can be for people but I can tell you know Yacob was beside the door, it was shot open and he was picked up, as simple as that. Looking back at the situation, I can see where the Lost MC thought I was exploiting however, I wish it was made more evident to me that the door was closed for them. The only notification I received was after I had already left the scene. I did not find it necessary at the time to 'clip' anything because I thought both parties saw the same thing. Clearly this was not the case. I should be unbanned as I have been a long standing member in this community for over 3 years now and my last ban where I messed up was a very long time ago, 2022 is I not mistaken. I know I can roleplay and have done so throughout my time on the server and I know other people can agree with me on that so I feel I deserve to be unbanned.

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
Good afternoon @Bandz, I hope all is well with you today 🙂

Did you, at any point shoot that door yourself? 

Hey @Danoo

To reply to your question - Yes, I also shot the door open alongside Ravi and other Aztecas within the area of the Lost MC clubhouse.

Once the door was drilled, it was shot to be kept open and remained open from my perspective throughout. 

Good afternoon, 

I'd like to move on from the whole door situation for the moment. 
Firstly, I'll remind you that this is a serious roleplaying server, therefore actions/scenarios are to be played out as realistic as possible.

During this situation, there was fire from both parties involved, bullets flying all over and people downed inside a compound that wasn't yours. 
Please, explain to me how it would make sense for you to lean over 3 meters inside a building during this scenario and scrape a body up off of the floor unharmed? 
It appears to me that you've gone into full videogame frag mode during this scenario in an attempt to save your buddy, he's just been teleported out of the building under the nose of your enemy's on the opposite side which makes absolutely no sense. 

In terms of the doors. You all should know that these doors work client side. If I see any one abusing this going forward there will be bans handed out.
This is your only warning.
I'd also like to point this out, from another report. It has been previously mentioned that bans will be handed out for actions such as these.

Hi @Danoo

I know this is a serious roleplay server and have known this throughout my time on here, and I've tried to maintain that level of roleplay throughout.

Moving on to your question - Yacob was downed close to the door as I mentioned. His body was in view and within carry range, and from my perspective it was a reasonable distance so I picked him up. In my opinion this is fair game as he was close to the door. Had I known the body was deeper into the compound on the Lost MC members screens then I can see where you are coming from and I would of reconsidered picking him up, but again, nothing was mentioned to myself until the report was made. We all know how downed bodies can appear based on the client side, and for me it was closer to the door.

Hello @Bandz, thanks for the response! 🙂

The main problem which is behind this ban is the fact you've picked them up altogether, would it actually make sense for you to bend down and lean into a doorway knowing the enemy will see you? The fact is you've abused the game mechanics to pick him up whilst under fire from both sides.
It was called out in OOC at the time yet none of the Azteca's have decided to keep footage from this knowing full well it could lead somewhere, there's no backup to any claims from your side.

Do you not see what is wrong with this part of it? 

Hello @Danoo

I can see where you are coming from with the whole situation not looking realistic. During that moment, my fellow gang member was down, he was in carry range so I picked him up, not really thinking how it looked, but looking back on it I can see how it looks from an outside POV. With the message in OOC being put, I'm pretty sure it wasn't because if so, POVs could have been obtained. If anything like this was to happen again, I will make sure to assess the situation and do what’s realistic and to ensure even game for both parties involved.

Good evening @Bandz ,

If you were lucky enough to be given another chance here on RPUK, what is your plan going to be?

What character(s) are you planning to play / create?
What high quality roleplay can you provide?
What benefit will us as the staff team gain from having you back?

Hey @Danoo

If allowed back on the server my plan is very simple. I want to provide roleplay that I know I am capable of and that I have done in the past. In terms of my characters, Kane Brooks aka Bandz, is my main crim and would still be my priority. As I am sure you have noticed, I have released quite a bit of music within roleplay and who knows if there might be more on the way. I like to focus the music that is related to RPUK with my experiences on the server. Aztecas has been and will most likely always will be my priority, it has been since that day I joined. There has been a lot of roleplay in the past that has gone into the gang and I want to continue to build on that with everyone who is a part of it. Eventually, I am not sure when, but further down the line my other character Kane Garcia, an ex police officer with the LSPS. I am interested to see where his story will go now, possibly getting back into the police force.

To answer your last question, I have been thinking about alternative avenues of RP that aren't currently explored on the server (to my knowledge). The use of the music studio within roleplay, working with others to create content and many more. I can assure you that I have no intentions of being back in the unban appeals. The situation that happened with the Lost was a big misunderstanding and I want to make sure in the future the RP is fair on both sides and fun for everyone involved.

Good evening @Bandz , thanks for the response! :)

Now, as you're fully aware, this ban is currently in place as we believe a frag mentality is being held by yourself rather than actually being here for the roleplay.
Your responses to this appeal have been refreshing to read, you are currently giving the impression that you're here for roleplay purposes rather than giving a GTA Online experience...

Given the nature of the ban, if I were to give you another chance this would also come with some conditions;

You will not be able to play character "Kane Brooks" for 5 months, during this time you MUST create a legal character and experience the legal side of RP (This could be NHS/Fire/Police/G6/Park Ranger/Mechanic/Solicitor ETC).
If you're to be seen logging into Kane, you will be back onto a ban.

Do you agree to these terms?

To be honest mate, no I don’t agree. You’re going to force me to play something I don’t enjoy for 5 months, can I ask where the fun in that is? Labelling me with a frag mentality is absurd as I’ve always tried my best to role play during my time on the server and just because of something so minuet you’re going to punish me with such a harsh condition. A lot of people on the server can vouch for that. Since 2021 I’ve done so much role play in the past with Triads, then helped Aztecas during the stage of rebuilding, brought something completely new to the server with music, built my character up to where his and so much more and now it’s all going to go to waste? Where’s the fairness in that?

Last edited:
Afternoon 😀

I am listening to what you’re saying, we as staff are not AI’s.

May I ask how you know for an absolute definite that you won’t enjoy other avenues of roleplay?
The entirety of RPUK is about roleplay, you say you’re here for roleplay yet you’re willing to pass up the opportunity of exploring other methods - I’ve not limited you to Police/NHS, I’ve said ANY legal faction.
Whats stopping you from creating a reasonably corrupt G6 officer, for example?

You may end up enjoying other aspects of the server you’ve not tried before, think outside the box a little?

Hi @Danoo

I appreciate the reasonable reply.
I'll start this by saying that I am willing to work with you and talk to you, I am not a petty child that is void of all reason. I want the server and community to be the best it can be, our values align in this regard. I have been here long enough to understand what is expected of me and I feel like my contributions to the community have been positive overall. I'll do my best to explain why I am frustrated and I hope after that we can look at this from a different perspective.

A while back now I was in Triads, some people may have not been on the server during that time but hopefully some people remember that I worked closely alongside Ju Long and many other interesting roleplayers for a significant amount of time. I believe that at least early on, that gang was one of the best gangs in terms of roleplay ability. At some point when I was in the Triads I took a step back, I joined the police and attained a position in Firearms and CID, holding both of those positions for a while and at separate times. After Triads fell, I joined Aztecas. I didn't join at their height, I joined when it was a handful of people trying to achieve something interesting. I could have joined any other group but I chose the one that I thought I would get the most role play out of at the time.

My response to your points is, it's not that I won't enjoy other avenues of roleplay, the issue I have is that you are locking me out of the type of roleplay that I have taken an active part in over the span of my playtime on the server. I have no issue once again taking an active role in the police side of roleplay again, it was something I was considering, however, I feel that a complete hold on all my criminal roleplay is a slight overstep considering my history. Halting my roleplay in this area would negatively effect everything I have been working to achieve. My music videos would cease and talks of expansion would die in it's crib, this was something that was a major source of enjoyment for myself and others. The Aztecas would lose one of their core members that contribute positively to the group and work very closely with Jack to ensure things are kept in order. I feel very strongly that gutting experienced and long time players like myself will put you in a position where what comes after is much worse than what was there before. This is true for any group, legal or otherwise.

I would absolutely be willing to try another avenue of role play. However, my drive to play and take part in the server would severely diminish if I was completely shut off from all my friends and the role play I've been involved with since day one of playing, especially for the duration of time you previously mentioned.

Thanks
Bandz

I was going to respond last time however I felt it was more appropriate to wait off until you responded to Dano before I chipped in on this.

Whilst yes you have provided roleplay in Triads ect before hand (We can't deny what you did in the past), You have started to take a turn down this path and in all honesty you only have yourself to blame ending up back here in such a short time.

Whilst I understand you have friends who play as Aztecas and in the "Criminal" world, You yourself have ended up twice in less than 3 months whilst doing what you say you enjoy. Now you say your part in the server would diminish? would this be because you wouldn't be helping out in gunfights ect? Just makes me wonder based on the reason for the last ban you are aware of and now this one.

Dano extended an olive branch for you to return so that is the option available to yourself, You are either welcome to accept the conditions set above (I'll pop them below) or you will simply end with a denied appeal until such time you wish to accept the terms. It's clear that the roleplay you are finding yourself in isn't helping as it stands so by taking this route we are offering you can re-build yourself, Enjoyment and other avenues of things to do and people to meet.

You will not be able to play character "Kane Brooks" for 5 months, during this time you MUST create a legal character and experience the legal side of RP (This could be NHS/Fire/Police/G6/Park Ranger/Mechanic/Solicitor ETC).
If you're to be seen logging into Kane, you will be back onto a ban.

Just for clarity we are not saying you have to spend 5 months doing said legal thing daily ect, However Kane will be off limits for the full duration and if seen on that character from the unban date the ban will simply be reinstated and you will be back here.

Hello mate

This ban was placed because I picked someone up that I could see in the doorway while the door was open. At the time the other party made no attempt to voice their concerns and if they did I would have clipped it and the ban would've never been placed. In spite of this I have been going through the process as I understand it and I am trying my very best to work with you.

Before this current ban I was banned for cheating, supposedly. I was banned wrongfully and I was cleared of everything. How can a ban that was placed wrongfully be held against me? My last ban before this was in 2022, so please tell me how I am spiralling down a path that is negative for the server.

Why does it also feel like I have been labelled as a "bad egg". How someone that had their last infraction in 2022 be so tarnished that they deserve a 5month character lock. A claim cannot be made that my role play is getting me in trouble consistently when there's only one dubious offence you can point to as being evidence of the claim, it doesn't add up.
My part in the server would diminish yes. My music videos would cease, the expansion and roleplay stories I had planned would die. Removing a core and long standing member of Aztecas for so long has the potential to cripple the group, already more so than it is currently, final nail in the coffin so to speak. I also resent your comment regarding me protesting only so I can "help out in gunfights", I don't like the negative undertones that paints, as myself and my character are much more than gunfights. I have proved that through my many years on the server doing other activities other than gun play.
I am willing to work with you. Please if you can, detail this spiral or path I have turned down. Look at my history, my bans, previous staff dealings and talk about it. You have someone here that wants to work with you, so use me.

Before this current ban I was banned for cheating, supposedly. I was banned wrongfully and I was cleared of everything. How can a ban that was placed wrongfully be held against me? My last ban before this was in 2022, so please tell me how I am spiralling down a path that is negative for the server.

Sorry for the delay in response, Working late shifts over the weekend however I'll catch up tomorrow before work, Or in the morning when I return home.

I've read the ticket and saw the appeal - https://www.roleplay.co.uk/threads/unban-appeal-bandz-gta-rp.422834/

Feel free to refer back to the ticket as it will be in your own DM's, However to say "I was cleared" simply isn't true now is it? If you believe you have something to support different DM it to me on Discord and I'll look into it.

Now yes prior to the cheating ban you received your last ban was back in 2021, However you aren't as such being labelled a "Bad egg" as you claim, However there is only one person to blame why you are back in this section and that's yourself and your own actions. From looking you are trying to spin a false narrative, As you have been warned multiple times and kicked too during 2023 so it's unfair to hold onto "I've not had an infraction since 2021 since the below are from 2023.

November 28th - Kicked for OOC Abuse
November 11th - Warned for not RPing injuries.
September 15th - Breaking RP
June 22nd - OOC Abuse, Breaking Character, Threats to Report, Not RPing their injuries
June 18th - OOC Help (G2.6)
April 18th - OOC Abuse

Explain this to me "A claim cannot be made that my role play is getting me in trouble consistently when there's only one dubious offence you can point to as being evidence of the claim, it doesn't add up." Since this is now the second time in 3 months you are in this section due to your roleplay. (Roleplay isn't just defined as talking to others, However how you conduct your character as a whole), Given the above information provided.

You have mentioned you enjoy recording and making videos, So why wasn't your POV provided to us when asked prior to us issuing the ban?

So you are trying to tell me that you are unable to make any videos you enjoy making unless you play the character that we are telling you that you will not be playing? There is many things to do in the city and enjoy, You simply don't know what you may or may not like until you give the other avenues a shot.

In all honesty having the option to return or not is solely on you at this point as you know the conditions should you wish to come back the decision overall is down to you however given what's happened you might now be able to see why we are putting this into place.

Hello @Stuart

I've been a little busy so I am only replying now.

You've lost me here. I was banned for G2.1 and was questioned about using any game modifications. I explained I didn't use any and went above and beyond to prove I was innocent which resulted in the staff team unbanning me. I don't know why I was flagged but from what I have been able to find out it was a claim based on one clip that was "suspect", whatever that means. If someone was falsely banned the ban in question is never held against them so why is it now being held against me. I also feel like there must be confusion because I was never involved in a ticket regarding the G2.1 ban, only the current one I am appealing now.

I am certainly not the one here trying to spin a false narrative. I am not the one glossing over your points, I am responding to each one of them with reasonable replies that make sense.

My own actions? My first ban was a false one, anyone can see that by reading the replies to the original appeal. I was banned on a false assumption. My second ban - this one - was a result of me picking someone up that I could see in the doorway. Every single claim made by myself and others on my side have seemingly been dismissed and every claim to the contrary has been believed as gospel.

I'm glad you brought up the kicks because it brings up an important point. If the staff member that issued the warning on November 11th saw that I had some previous kicks then why didn't that individual push for a ban? Why did they not push for a ban for any of these offences, why only kicks? Could it possibly be because they saw merit in my role play efforts at the time? It seems to me that if I was spiraling down a path of negative behaviour they would look to rectify and correct it sooner?
I am not here for the second time in three months due to my role play. Unless the staff team have purposely decided to omit information from me, I was first banned under a false assumption that I was cleared from and the second ban was because I didn't record my POV, that ultimately would've ended up clearing me. That is my perspective.

I didn't record because why would I? I clip 10 min intervals and nothing worthwhile happened so I didn't clip. IF I was asked to clip then I would have but the other party never asked to liaise or gave any warning. They hid their negative feelings and brought it up later after our ability to clip had passed. That is not acting in good faith at all and I don't know why this piece of context is being ignored as like you say yourself, context is everything. Do you record every single one of your interactions? I don't know many that do.

I have absolutely no problem with giving other avenues of role play a shot. I am against this decision because you are cutting me off from the friend group I have interacted with for well over a year. I will not be able to be with them on the server, or engage with them. It cuts especially deep when I feel like I haven't done anything worthy of this extreme treatment. It is not just about the videos, although it is a big aspect of it, I have other plans I wish to achieve on that character and to clarify, they are not gun play focused.

I'll try and explain it a bit better with more reason. I had plans to make a police character again and was very close to pulling the trigger and doing it. However, now that there's a possibility of me being forced into doing it, I have lost all interest. A good example is when leads of gangs or faction leads feel obligated to log on or when they feel they have to do something they lose motivation to play. It's similar to that. By forcing me to do something, all it's doing is making it a box ticking exercise and takes all the passion for role play out of it. Does that make sense?

I'll give a few examples to hopefully make you understand why I feel it's unfair:

- This fella was unbanned multiple times for serious offences and never got a character lock. He has been given an appeal cooldown of 2months, I'd argue a lesser punishment that I currently have.

- Has a much worse record than myself. No cool down and was only stopped from gaining his position back for 3months. Which we all know he has since regained.

- Appeal cool down for 4 months, less than what I have for a much more serious offence.

- Banned for exploiting. 3 month cool down.

I could go on and find many more examples but I hope you understand my points.

Like I've said before, I want to work with you. Read each of my points and talk about it, @Danoo said earlier in the appeal that staff are not AI, therefore some of my points must make sense. I am not asking for a complete absolution of all consequences but I think the terms could be adjusted to reflect what is fair, without effecting my future role play and possible avenues of role play in legal factions.

You've lost me here. I was banned for G2.1 and was questioned about using any game modifications. I explained I didn't use any and went above and beyond to prove I was innocent which resulted in the staff team unbanning me. I don't know why I was flagged but from what I have been able to find out it was a claim based on one clip that was "suspect", whatever that means. If someone was falsely banned the ban in question is never held against them so why is it now being held against me. I also feel like there must be confusion because I was never involved in a ticket regarding the G2.1 ban, only the current one I am appealing now.
Think we both have different definitions to what the message said however you indeed was told that you would be kept a close eye on moving forward and that you wanted to "shall we just go shoot up feds", As Charles mentioned doesn't seem like high quality roleplay as a whole.

My own actions? My first ban was a false one, anyone can see that by reading the replies to the original appeal. I was banned on a false assumption. My second ban - this one - was a result of me picking someone up that I could see in the doorway. Every single claim made by myself and others on my side have seemingly been dismissed and every claim to the contrary has been believed as gospel.
Again as mentioned if you can find me where we have told you it was false then that's fine, However in the meantime read over the response in your last appeal for the prior ban you received.

We asked for video evidence in this report however there we're claims that it was corrupted "Yet that was a lie", However not from you directly however if you have video from this then please post it here or send it to myself on discord, I'll take a look and we will go from there as we have video on the report so we can go off what we do see there as a third party. I'm not interested in other peoples claim on your appeal in all honesty as this is for you and only you to justify your own actions, Not theirs.

If others have been banned then they will have their own appeals if they are on permanent for example to put their case forward however we are going off the videos provided and things mentioned in the report, So I'd say it's a bit of a stretch to say "You don't believe my words only theirs" when it's a video so again if you wish to provide video of this that lead to the ban I'm open to watch and go from there.

I'm glad you brought up the kicks because it brings up an important point. If the staff member that issued the warning on November 11th saw that I had some previous kicks then why didn't that individual push for a ban? Why did they not push for a ban for any of these offences, why only kicks? Could it possibly be because they saw merit in my role play efforts at the time? It seems to me that if I was spiraling down a path of negative behaviour they would look to rectify and correct it sooner?

I cannot speak for the member or members of staff who pushed the kicks however one could say yes you we're given a lot of opportunities to act more accordingly over spending however long here. Could that have something to do with how you roleplayed in the past? Sure it could. Could it also be we believed you would learn from a kick over a ban? Indeed it could, However by the "Spiralling" means you are picking up more and more punishments from kicks/warnings and finally bans, More so in the last 12 months.

Now was this after your time with Triads? Yes it was, So begs to question why you are now picking up kicks/warnings ect ? What's changed? What's caused this type of behaviour as like you mentioned your last punishment (Outside of 2023) was back in 2021 so this does have me questioning why, Please help me understand this.

I didn't record because why would I? I clip 10 min intervals and nothing worthwhile happened so I didn't clip. IF I was asked to clip then I would have but the other party never asked to liaise or gave any warning. They hid their negative feelings and brought it up later after our ability to clip had passed. That is not acting in good faith at all and I don't know why this piece of context is being ignored as like you say yourself, context is everything. Do you record every single one of your interactions? I don't know many that do.

So where is the clip someone involved has? Since a screenshot of this "Corrupted video" was posted on the report that lead to your ban. Did you read the report? Because it was mentioned that they wanted to talk after words however that's what a report is for, Time to speak to other people. The report was made by the other party and that's their choice to make, Same as every other player on the server.

Just because a report is made has nothing to do with "Good faith" since we have video showing what happened from one side and nothing willing to be shown from the other. As to do I record every single interaction? Yes, I record my whole time on the server whilst not many do indeed there is people who do.

I have absolutely no problem with giving other avenues of role play a shot. I am against this decision because you are cutting me off from the friend group I have interacted with for well over a year. I will not be able to be with them on the server, or engage with them. It cuts especially deep when I feel like I haven't done anything worthy of this extreme treatment. It is not just about the videos, although it is a big aspect of it, I have other plans I wish to achieve on that character and to clarify, they are not gun play focused.

That's good to hear, However the decision behind you not playing on Kane will not change. As mentioned for the past 12 months you've received multiple kicks and leading to you ending up here so maybe it is time for a change in a different direction. Change things up and back to how you we're in 2021/2022.

Indeed you will not be side by side with your friends on Kane, However down the line should a character meet people (organically) then of course you can build a friendship up and see where the roleplay goes, Nothing against that at all.

You say it's not all gun focused yet as Charles mentioned and I'll quote here "Secondly, in a recent medal video you are heard saying "shall we just go shoot up feds" that does not scream high quality RP to me." leads me to believe different. Not saying you are only here for gun play however doesn't help when you are now saying different huh?

I'll try and explain it a bit better with more reason. I had plans to make a police character again and was very close to pulling the trigger and doing it. However, now that there's a possibility of me being forced into doing it, I have lost all interest. A good example is when leads of gangs or faction leads feel obligated to log on or when they feel they have to do something they lose motivation to play. It's similar to that. By forcing me to do something, all it's doing is making it a box ticking exercise and takes all the passion for role play out of it. Does that make sense?

I can understand where you are coming from however as mentioned above the last 12 months the punishments have been getting more and more. Now not saying that it's true or false that you "We're going to make a police character" for example now you don't, That is your choice however the decision made above is one that will be in place, If you don't wish to agree to them terms that is your call overall however I do hope you understand that it won't change.

I'll give a few examples to hopefully make you understand why I feel it's unfair:

In all honesty, Other peoples appeals hold no weight for your appeal as all bans are different in their own way so I will not be going into them nor explaining why they we're delt with the way they we're. However the one theme you point out is cooldowns, This isn't something we have done with you and allowed you to appeal right away.

If you wish for me to deny your appeal with a cooldown to make it feel fair then please let me know.

Like I've said before, I want to work with you. Read each of my points and talk about it, @Danoo said earlier in the appeal that staff are not AI, therefore some of my points must make sense. I am not asking for a complete absolution of all consequences but I think the terms could be adjusted to reflect what is fair, without effecting my future role play and possible avenues of role play in legal factions.

Indeed we are not AI, Hence why I didn't respond yesterday after work as I knew I had bit to read and wanted to address ect, However again it's your own actions that have lead you here and to the decision we have made.

@Stuart

I have read through the appeal and I understand what was said. The comment, seemingly shoe-horned in at the end by Charles comes across as an attempt to tack something on as a means to justify the ban being placed. This is not me being argumentative either, it genuinely reads like that. The whole discussion was based on cheating accusations and then once I appear to have been cleared of that he tacks on that remark at the end as a gotcha moment. Besides, anyone can state that they are going to go shoot everyone at the City Hall but they probably wouldn't do that because it would be mass rdm, it's a figure of speech to convey roleplay feelings, not a declaration of intent. You can't attach negative implications to my comment because it is roleplay and any projected ideas you have are yours, not mine. Also, we didn't shoot police after that comment was made, FYI.

When a ban is found out to be by mistake or wrongful then the FBS is always cleared and it is not used against the person down the road. Charles states in the wrongful ban appeal that he won't state the real reason for my ban but you already did. You stated that my ban was a "cheating ban". I proved that I wasn't cheating; Charles then unbanned me and tacked on a statement regarding my roleplay from a comment I made that was taken out of context. So please, tell me how this ban was fair and reasonable and how exactly it stacks against me so negatively.

I can only speak for myself. I do not have a video but I wish that I did. It's incredibly frustrating to know that you didn't do anything wrong and yet people condemn you anyway. I've gone over this time and time again. I can only state the facts as I know them: The other side's video is not black and white and the evidence provided by the other side is not a clear representation of what actually happened overall. We all know doors are buggy and very often client side, if you don't know that, then I'm sure a reputable developer on the server can tell you so don't take it as fact from me. It is also impossible to carry people through walls that actually have collisions, you cannot do it. The peds that were picked up also had to be in carry range, so it goes without saying that they had to have been very near or in that doorway or it simply wouldn't have been possible for them to get the carry request. In the video provided you can see two Aztecas on the ground half inside the far wall on the right, if they were positioned there for the person picking them up they wouldn't have been able to reach due to the carry ranges at the time. So please, tell me how based on the verifiable evidence I have stated here how I fall on the other side of the rules because if we're basing it all on the short video evidence then it falls short when up against how the game actually works and runs on a server such as RPUK.

I don't have another video and it's not my job to dictate to others what they should and shouldn't do. I have been told by the other person accused that he doesn't have a clip and I believe him because he is my friend.

It has absolutely everything to do with "good faith" when the community heavily encourages player to player liaisons before a player report is submitted. Not only did we not get the opportunity to liaise, we also weren't warned in game at the time that they even had an issue. So yes, if that's not acting in bad faith then I really don't know what is. I have always given the other party the opportunity to liaise because I am reasonable. Am I supposed to assume this person simply forgot? We all should try to make the community a better place and the right thing to do would have been to say something in the chat which would've notified us, enabled me to clip and then it would've all been cleared up in a liaison. It wasn't and now three long standing members of the community have been screwed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back