What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Appeal - Ben Labile - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Labile

Unlinked

Server: GTA RP
Character Name: Ben Labile
Steam ID: 76561199064834119
Ban ID (just the numbers): 16868
Ban Reason: C1.2
Why do you think you were banned: I was banned for using a word that breaches the C1.2 rule discrimination
Why should we unban you: Hello to whichever staff member decides to take on this unban appeal.

I would hope to be given a chance in this appeal and another chance on the server as the last ban/kick/warning I received was in December and since then I have kept a clean record for around 5 months ish. I would say I don’t see myself causing a lot of trouble really. Yes what I did was bad and I noticed it the second it happened as me and Jessie said. It’s no excuse but the reason for why it was said is out of frustration. I was on the server 20 minutes and I was just shot. Yes I admit it was stupid of me to use the word that I used but I was annoyed and I know I only have myself to blame. Being in this community for 2 years now I should have known better.

I completely understand that such words should not be used in any sort of way whatsoever and even in the heat of the situation like I was in I should have controlled myself. I understand that the rule C1.2 - discrimination comes with a perm ban with the chance to appeal and I get there is no room for homophobic comments to be said. Myself and Bmav have know each other for 3 years and I guess I thought it wouldn’t be an issue and he wouldn’t take offence but looking back it was still a silly mistake to make.

I would like to mention that I have spoken to both Bmav and Nyxie ooc as they were the only 2 people present at the time to make sure the words I used didn’t have a negative effect on them. At the time they took no offence and were laughing and what was said/happened but I wanted to reach out after the fact to make sure no harm was cause as this was not my intention.

I would also like to link a report that was put up on someone else for the same rule (C1.2) and was denied - https://www.roleplay.co.uk/threads/report-a-player-unsure-gta-rp.420927/

I would say that the situation in said report was a lot worse than what I said/did and it was declined. When I did have a chat with Jessie I mentioned how I had a clean record and I don’t even get the option of a warning.

All I can say is that I deeply apologise for my actions. When it was done I was calm speaking to the staff member even though I was very frustrated as I know speaking to Staff members and showing your frustration doesn’t always get perceived the right way so I tried to keep myself calm and collected in order to have a mature conversation. What I can promise is that if I was welcomed back into the community I would use no such words and just keep myself calm at all times.

Thanks,
Ben
Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Good afternoon @Ben Labile , I hope all is well with you today? :)

Yes I admit it was stupid of me to use the word that I used but I was annoyed and I know I only have myself to blame.
Do you often use discriminatory words out of frustration?

I would also like to link a report that was put up on someone else for the same rule (C1.2) and was denied - https://www.roleplay.co.uk/threads/report-a-player-unsure-gta-rp.420927/
We are absolutely not going to compare your case to a report from August 2023, which might I add was declined due to lack of evidence following an ongoing ticket.
The context is completely different here.

When I did have a chat with Jessie I mentioned how I had a clean record and I don’t even get the option of a warning.
1713883572584.png
This rule is very clearly listed as a permanent ban on the website now, so I'm surprised you expected a warning out of this interaction.
Surely if someone was being discriminatory around/towards you, you'd want them removed from the community?

All I can say is that I deeply apologise for my actions. When it was done I was calm speaking to the staff member even though I was very frustrated as I know speaking to Staff members and showing your frustration doesn’t always get perceived the right way so I tried to keep myself calm and collected in order to have a mature conversation. What I can promise is that if I was welcomed back into the community I would use no such words and just keep myself calm at all times.
We do appreciate that you had a calm attitude, and it was noted :)

Hello Danoo, I'm alright. Hope you are well too. I want to start of by saying that no, I don't often use discriminatory language in frustration. Usually I'm fine but I guess this did come out of my mouth and it shouldn't have. The intent of the word has never been to target anyone's sexuality in any way, it is a word that growing up was used similar to any other swear word. Again, that doesn't excuse the usage of the word, but it's moreso to reinforce that there was no intention behind using that word but moreso just frustration that I had been shot after being on the server for 20 minutes because I know how long pillbox can take and there hadn't been any roleplay for this to have happened, just friends messing around.

Thank you for acknowledging that linked report, I appreciate the transparency about the reasoning why it was denied. I just felt like it was a similar case but will not argue with you over it.

I am aware that it is a permanent ban, however I am also aware that things are taken as a case by case basis and context does also matter. So I was simply trying to put forward the context of that it was in a small group of people who know and speak OOC and knew that I didn't mean what I said in that discriminatory way, but moreso just frustration and were laughing about my reaction. There was no malicious intent and, as I said earlier, I spoke with them again afterwards just to make sure that they hadn't taken it in that way, which they both said they hadn't. I understand why I was banned, for sure, but I would also like to say there was no harm to either person present as well as we often like to annoy each other in multiple other games to get a reaction, just not this one but it slipped out and I'm sorry for that

Hello Danoo, I'm alright. Hope you are well too.
Very well, thank you! :D

I want to start of by saying that no, I don't often use discriminatory language in frustration. Usually I'm fine but I guess this did come out of my mouth and it shouldn't have.
How am I to trust or know that we're not going to have a repeat offense of this moving forward, if you're given another chance to return?

I would also like to say there was no harm to either person present as well as we often like to annoy each other in multiple other games to get a reaction, just not this one but it slipped out and I'm sorry for that

Surely if this can be a slip of the tongue once, it will potentially happen again? You've been in this community for so long now that surely you'd know better than anyone else?

Good evening Danoo,

Under these circumstances my word probably doesn't mean much as the trust has already been broken but it is all I can give you at this time. I would like to show you, given the chance, that this was a one time stupid mistake that will never be repeated. You are right when you say I have been a member of this community long enough to know better, and I do know better which is why I am disappointed to see myself here. This is not something I have ever been banned for nor do I plan on doing such a stupid thing again. What happened does not represent me as a person and I can promise you will not be a reoccurring pattern of behaviour.

Actions do speak louder than words and given the chance I would like to prove to yourself and the rest of the staff team that an incident like this will never be repeated and hopefully rebuild the trust I once had.

Thanks,
Ben

Good afternoon @Ben Labile , thanks for the response! :)

After saying said word within game, why did you then further break character later on stating that you're going to get into trouble for saying it?
As much as I appreciate you realised it shouldn't have been said, why did you then have to break character?

Hi Danoo,

I appreciate you taking the time to reply to me on this appeal, I know I probably don’t deserve the time of day.

I think the moment you’re talking about is when I’d really realised I had fucked up and the severity of what had happened. I knew what I had done and the possible consequences and I was very disappointed and frustrated in myself. I should have controlled and presented myself in a better manner but once the frustration of the events leading up had settled, disappointment had creeped in. Even when speaking with Jessie I mentioned how frustrated I was with myself that I had let such a stupid mistake happen and it was after the fact I had realised how bad I had actually fucked up.

There is no excuse for my behaviour that night. All I can do is apologise and hope that I can get a golden opportunity to prove to yourself and the staff team that these incidents will never be repeated and I hope to be able to rebuild the trust I once had.

Thanks,
Ben

Good afternoon @Ben Labile , thanks for the response :) !

I'm hoping that we've managed to learn a lesson here and I am confident with the way this appeal has gone so far.
Overall I will give you another chance on the server to prove yourself as you've stated - Please do not waste it!

As per the FBS, any ban you receive within the next 6 months will be a permanent.

UNBANNED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back