What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

VOTE PASSED - Remove Faction Restrictions

Should people be allowed to play as rebel if they are cop, Poseidon etc ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cops should have the option to play rebel if there is more than 15 cops online.

police numbers will drop at first but will stop most players going to another server just to play rebel with friends. more people will join the police knowing there not locked into the police away from playing with friends.

I have seen it work in other places, cops can play rebel until midday and then after midnight. If caught instant kick simple

This is the only way to actually implement this otherwise it will start so much drama it´ll be like a fucking tv drama show. Allow faction members to play in events as whatever they want to, allow them to play as rebel between certain time frames and re writing any rules within factions wont be needed or create any unnecesary drama.

What do you mean working? This is a game, we are all players, most of us know at least a few people from other factions and talk to them but then fight on the server. You are waaaaay too serious about this. Many times i will go and play against my friends in games and we will then laught about it, whats the issue?
That's the last time you give me a shotgun again 😉😂 

i dont have any in depth input just wanted to say hell yeah type amen in the chat

What do you mean working? This is a game, we are all players, most of us know at least a few people from other factions and talk to them but then fight on the server. You are waaaaay too serious about this. Many times i will go and play against my friends in games and we will then laught about it, whats the issue?
People you're working with? "Working with" is a phrase that means that somebody is alongside you in what you do, a colleague if you would, in no way is that serious it's simply a way of experessing that people in the police are co-operative in what they do.

I didn't need Captain Obvious to tell me that its a game and we're the players? Thanks though I guess.

Have a few days dedicated to faction members able to play rebel every week lets say friday or saturday

People you're working with? "Working with" is a phrase that means that somebody is alongside you in what you do, a colleague if you would, in no way is that serious it's simply a way of experessing that people in the police are co-operative in what they do.

I didn't need Captain Obvious to tell me that its a game and we're the players? Thanks though I guess.
Sooooo ... what's the issue with people playing with someone, and then playing against them let's say next restart? I honestly don't see any reason why this would be bad because you played with someone last restart. It's like saying that if you played battelfield in a team for a round and then you should not switch team because somehow that would be bad because you worked with others in the round before. So how is that a good argument?

I agree that it's a good idea. It should be bound by some restrictions of course to prevent abuse, like:
1. Every role is a separate person so to speak, they don't know each other or anything that they have experienced. Using info you have gained from any other roles is considered metagaming.

2. There should be separate wallets and inventories per role if at all possible.

3. There is still a miminum required amount of hours of playtime to keep your faction role. This of course taking into account any personal issues that may prevent a person from playing at all.

I agree that it's a good idea. It should be bound by some restrictions of course to prevent abuse, like:
1. Every role is a separate person so to speak, they don't know each other or anything that they have experienced. Using info you have gained from any other roles is considered metagaming.

2. There should be separate wallets and inventories per role if at all possible.

3. There is still a miminum required amount of hours of playtime to keep your faction role. This of course taking into account any personal issues that may prevent a person from playing at all.
1. Impossible to enforce.

2. Already is like that. Only thing shared now is bank.

3. If you dont play Police/Poseidon/NHS you simply get booted. So its already there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sooooo ... what's the issue with people playing with someone, and then playing against them let's say next restart? I honestly don't see any reason why this would be bad because you played with someone last restart. It's like saying that if you played battelfield in a team for a round and then you should not switch team because somehow that would be bad because you worked with others in the round before. So how is that a good argument?
I can understand where you're coming from and I know that you mainly talking to CC Tadworth but if I could just say one thing. I believe that main reason why People like Tadwort and a few others would be against this is that it would defeat the idea of you join the cops to uphold the law then you go on as Rebel to fight against the same people you have been playing/patroling with. what's the point of being a cop to fight against Rebels or Posidon if you're just gonna log on as civ if being on as cop or posidon gets boring then when you see an RBA or drug stash is happening jumping back onto the previous faction to have a gunfight. 

Have a few days dedicated to faction members able to play rebel every week lets say friday or saturday
Only issue with that is say Friday and Saturday are the designated days for cops to be able to play rebel, on those days there would be next to no cops on. Perhaps a solution is if each constabulary have different 'rebel days' so that you've always got cop-only players at any given time, if that makes sense. So for example, Kavala gets Mon/Tues, East Altis gets Weds/Thurs, West Altis gets Fri/Sat, and RTU would get Sun/Mon (crossover between Kavala and RTU because RTU is application-only so therefore less members).

Only issue with that is say Friday and Saturday are the designated days for cops to be able to play rebel, on those days there would be next to no cops on. Perhaps a solution is if each constabulary have different 'rebel days' so that you've always got cop-only players at any given time, if that makes sense. So for example, Kavala gets Mon/Tues, East Altis gets Weds/Thurs, West Altis gets Fri/Sat, and RTU would get Sun/Mon (crossover between Kavala and RTU because RTU is application-only so therefore less members).
My suggestion was for poseidon ,obviusly police could change and adapt the schedule to their own needs.

Its really simple if this is going to happen - police and Poseidon can play rebel or faction between 12am - 12pm [ Off peak hours ] 

It happens in another place and it just works, keep it simple.

My suggestion was for poseidon ,obviusly police could change and adapt the schedule to their own needs.
What I said applies to Poseidon as well though, except instead of constabularies you'd use the families instead.

I can understand where you're coming from and I know that you mainly talking to CC Tadworth but if I could just say one thing. I believe that main reason why People like Tadwort and a few others would be against this is that it would defeat the idea of you join the cops to uphold the law then you go on as Rebel to fight against the same people you have been playing/patroling with. what's the point of being a cop to fight against Rebels or Posidon if you're just gonna log on as civ if being on as cop or posidon gets boring then when you see an RBA or drug stash is happening jumping back onto the previous faction to have a gunfight. 
See, the thing is i don't get the whole idea of "people join the police to uphold the law", again, this is a game, police is at the end of the day just a way to enjoy the server. Same as you could say that in a battelfield game in the rush gamemode you should not switch from defenders to attackers because they have 2 different goals, what's the point? It's a game.

1. Impossible to enforce.

2. Already is like that. Only thing shared now is bank.

3. If you dont play Police/Poseidon/NHS you simply get booted. So its already there.
1. Then you may as well say that metagaming is impossible to enforce and we both know that's not true.

2. So have seperate banks.

3. Easy enough to implement then.

1. Then you may as well say that metagaming is impossible to enforce and we both know that's not true.

2. So have seperate banks.

3. Easy enough to implement then.
1. "I dont record"

2. Developers

3. ?

this is just going to render people's work and time in factions to get to a high rank pointless, police and poseidon deserve their ranks because of the commitment to the faction and now if we can just play rebel whenever it really doesn't matter what rank you are anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back