What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Warning Shots

Rossss

The Flying Scotsman
I have recently noticed the police giving warning shots to helicopters to tell them to leave the area or not to land. This is just shooting tracers infront/below/behind/above a helicopter. However if a helicopter does not comply to this request, can the police shoot them down? I have always understood not as no quality roleplay has been initiated.

The police used to text helicopters to tell them to leave/not land but now that cannot be done so, is it within the rules to shoot a helicopter down?

Yes, if you fail to heed warning shots, your engine will be shot out.

[SIZE=medium](2.2) Random Deathmatch (also known as RDM) - Shooting at someone without engaging in any form of quality role play (eg. Giving enough time for them to comply with your order. Count downs are not considered quality roleplay, please at least attempt to create an interesting roleplay story before considering shooting.) is considered RDM. (Punishment is a ban).[/SIZE]

I just don't believe it is quality roleplay, along with being an arrestable offence in roleplay

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=medium](2.2) Random Deathmatch (also known as RDM) - Shooting at someone without engaging in any form of quality role play (eg. Giving enough time for them to comply with your order. Count downs are not considered quality roleplay, please at least attempt to create an interesting roleplay story before considering shooting.) is considered RDM. (Punishment is a ban).[/SIZE]

I just don't believe it is quality roleplay, along with being an offence in roleplay
It is what it is. Nothing else to say.

Warning shots are is not initiation to the player. Therefore we cannot shoot to kill the person inside. We can shoot the helicopter as the warning shots are technically initiation on the heli to go away. Note, a good few warning shots have to be sent before shooting a heli down. We normally give 4 or 5 sets of warning shots before shooting it down.

I just don't believe it is quality roleplay, along with being an arrestable offence in roleplay
Warning Shots are literly in the Baiting Rule,Warning Shot son helis has been a thing for as long as ive been here,Which is about a year or so i recall

(3.7) Baiting - Baiting for the sake of a gunfight is not roleplay. Punishment is a ban. Examples: Flying over someone with a chopper waiting for warning shots to instantly shoot them back, robbing a service station with the intent of a gunfight, etc.

Warning shots are is not initiation to the player. Therefore we cannot shoot to kill the person inside. We can shoot the helicopter as the warning shots are technically initiation on the heli to go away. Note, a good few warning shots have to be sent before shooting a heli down. We normally give 4 or 5 sets of warning shots before shooting it down.
It's shooting at someone, I think it's reasonable to assume shooting at the heli is shooting at someone. 

In regards to baiting, warning shots aren't at the heli, so isn't starting a gun fight (ie you can't shoot back), as far as I believe/am aware

It's shooting at someone, I think it's reasonable to assume shooting at the heli is shooting at someone. 

In regards to baiting, warning shots aren't at the heli, so isn't starting a gun fight (ie you can't shoot back), as far as I believe/am aware
Yeah that was my point,sorry tired meant to make myself more clear.lol

No lol. It doesn't work like that. Warning shots are shots towards you to basically tell you to get the fuck away, or get shot down. You cannot shoot back at that person if they give warning shots to you. You can only shoot back when the shots actually hit your helicopter. 

The problem is with helis hovering is we have no way of RPING with them so with give them warning shots to tell them to leave

No lol. It doesn't work like that. Warning shots are shots towards you to basically tell you to get the fuck away, or get shot down. You cannot shoot back at that person if they give warning shots to you. You can only shoot back when the shots actually hit your helicopter. 
So where is the high quality roleplay? How does a new person to the server know this?

The problem is with helis hovering is we have no way of RPING with them so with give them warning shots to tell them to leave
I agree that is a big problem, and the police need something to be able to message/radio a heli, but I do not believe shooting helicopters (who do nothing illegal usually) down without roleplay. After all, that's what we're here for

I guess it is all clear. Police has no option to RP with helis. When police gives warning shots we shoot 4-5 shoot below/behind/infront of the heli without hitting. This should be clear to the pilot that flying in that area/alltitude is not permitted at that certain moment. If the heli does not comply... Yes we are allowed to damage the heli. If you do stick in the area and don't comply you bait... and it is known to everyone that if you do not comply that this is the punishment. My view: this rules seems very okay and the future of the heli is in hands of the pilot. If you do want to make clear something to APD, you send a dispatch with the reason and location and ask for confirmation (just to be sure).

I dont see what is so hard to understand. Warning shots mean "Fuck off" and if you dont "Fuck off" then youll have a nice crash landing if not give us a good firework show.

If you would rather I can dump the warning shots into the cockpit if you'd prefer?

So, this is how it is. You have a heli hovering over Kavala. Your trying to talk to a person all you here is this. Heli's disrupt RP, thats my main problem with them, but also used by gangs/police for surveillance

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

You fire 3 tracers and the front of the Heli, so the pilot can see them. If he doesn't move, fire 3 to the rear. The pilot has to be well aware of the situation. If he still hasn't moved then you can fire for the Tail rotor or Engine. I know it is not perfect, but since Arma lost this ability we have to do this. 

I do agree with the majority of points here. If a heli is hovering less than 300m above Kavala call an admin if available, but shooting a heli down above a city? Probably not the best idea anyway ;)

As I said I think a new system to message/radio helicopters would make it easier.

Let me give a situation:

An Orca is landing at military compound, with no idea of anything happening down there. At 2-5m from the ground the police open fire,with some bullets hitting the heli and others coming scarily close. The heli moves to a good distance away and climbs to minimum lawful altitude where he continues to recieve shots.

I think this is excessive where they could have roleplayed or even just told him to leave when he landed. This happened to me a while back.

Its not always what happens its the way it happens. Even if everyone decides the procedure stated is correct, then it is not being followed correctly.

Last edited by a moderator:
To address this, simply you are giving roughly 3 sets of warning shots. How ever if you refuse to leave after the sets of tracers been fired. You can be shot down by Gunboat, Ghost hawk or police on the ground. How ever if armed men are seen entering your helicopter during a firefight or entering it, we are allowed to open fire right away if confirmation is made.

Back