What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Weazel news needed upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chubbers

This upgrade is needed for Weazel News as there are limitations to what we can do and some quality of life things that would help make news reports  better. What the devs have done recently has been appreciated. (Podcast Room) 

1. parking - I dont want staff parking but a public one would be nice as there have been so many times i am doing stuff and someone has stolen my car, which is a pain if you need to run out of the building to film.  

sTTvGCa.png

2. Drones - It would be amazing for weazel news to get drone use for lvl 3 and 4 staff. The drone will only be used for news stuff and anyone abusing the equipment will be fired just like the way i have been with the helicopters due to past issues.  I am not sure how it works with the police but i assume they can get it like a car, if so the dude on top of the building is perfect place for us to get it. This would also help with high speed chases as the areas we want to follow people we will get shot down. 

rAJUlLU.png

3. Helicopters - We have two main issues with the helicopters. 1 is that we cant open the door of the heli with out it shutting instantly so filming is a pain. You need to hold the right mouse button down and then press e to get the camera out but if you let go of the mouse you need to do it all again. There are two options to fix this, which is allow us to use the camera on the bottom of the heli or fix/remove the side doors. The 2nd issue is that it would make heli reporting better if we can use the camera at the bottom of the heli. only usable for the passenger.   

RYNj0XL.png

aV664lp.png

I5m9UTu.png

4. New cars. The van is aids if we need to chase a good story and sometimes there is no time to drive all the way to Weazel news HQ to get a Heli out. The hotring sabre already has a cool livery and is fast enough to catch up to many chases.

PAophdJ.png

5 Anchor room - The chair needs correcting as the person floats when they sit down. It would be cool to be able to use the camera in the studio instead of the camera on your person due to angles of the camera unless that can be changed as even when you crouch the angle is of you standing..  If its possible to use the camera in the studio maybe have it connected to the tv so others can see what you are filming so they can direct you if changes need to be made.

ZtkIq4n.png

ISWGzUD.png

SdCETKe.png

zEaoe4P.png

2eOUR6r.png

5 Reception area - The seats need fixing you float when you sit down. Also the gnome need a 180 rotation as the bum is meant to be facing you when you are at the front of reception. If we can get a drone when in use, it shows on the big tv?

3MR4q4D.png

6. Green screen room - Just the same as the anchor room to be able to use the camera. 
xnaxhzT.png

7. Change some pictures - There are two pictures i would like to change with more up to date employees as one of the pictures is a copy of another down the hall and the other looks a bit shit.

U9l5d4i.png

8. white board - would be cool to put down info what someone is filming so they could help out or just write abuse like John and john are shit bosses.  only useable for Weazel new staff. 

qVbyVNR.png

9. board room - able to use the tv to put pictures on there when we have a meeting. 

5USehP9.png

I know this is a long ass post with a lot that need correcting. The main stuff i would like to see is heli changes, Drones, new car, seating corrections and studio camera use. 

Pros
can do a lot more news covering and better quality RP
Devs saying fuck no Miguel i am not doing all that work
Cons
a bit of dev work, more than normal 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes to all except the drone. The drone is extremely noisy among other issues. I'm not allowed to go into specifics but I can safely tell you it'd be awful for news coverage. Plus I think people like to see the helicopter 

ah if that is the case maybe the option allow level 3-4 members to fly over the prison area  so we can chase cars up the motor way

I'm on the same page Rek Agree with everything but the drone, I really like this suggestion nicely written and I do think it would allow for better QoL and news coverage on the server for those who enjoy RP as news reporter, huge +1.

Majority of this seems to be possible except from.

Drones - It would be amazing for weazel news to get drone use

The handling of drones are not good enough for smooth recordings therefore it wouldn't really make sense for weazel news to have access plus you can't look down much anyway.

Helicopters - we cant open the door of the heli with out it shutting instantly

This is a game mechanic which I don't believe can be changed.

Anchor room - If its possible to use the camera in the studio maybe have it connected to the tv so others can see what you are filming so they can direct you if changes need to be made.

This would not be possible due to game limitations.

Reception area - If we can get a drone when in use, it shows on the big tv?

white board - would be cool to put down info what someone is filming

board room - able to use the tv to put pictures on there when we have a meeting. 

This would not be possible due to the TV being part of the interior and not a seperate object.

@1A3 Thank you very much with the explanations on what is not possible to do. This is very helpful with understanding future ideas. 

Sounds fantastic! id say the same as the above about the drones though they are to noisy and for a news network dont feel it would be practicle. Great insight into weasel new also though.

Images on the wall also yeah they should be updated to current staff 🙂

+1

I want to add a suggestion to this. 

I have previously made a suggestion for this along with multiple others for a "Phone 2.0" suggestion I made. What I would love to see (and probably many others aswell) Is a WeazelNews app on the phone. Posting images on tweedle as Weazel News gets drowned in a multitude of Raffles, Shop AD's, and the list goes on. 

Having a separate app (could be the exact same as Tweedle) but whitelisted for WeazelNews employees only to post about updates around the city. I believe this is something that could bring more roleplay into WeazelNews as people can actually follow what we post ingame.

Implemented

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back