What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Weekly community meetings brought back?

Would you like to see weekly community meetings be brought back?

• Yes I'd love the weekly meetings come back!

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • No not really, can I have my pizza now?

Votes: 27 43.5%

• Total voters
Your points made here are valid points and also been spoken about here:

I do agree, gangs need to be at the forefront of these changes. But community meetings usually end in bashing of staff/devs not exactly player/player conflicts. 
I'll be honest.. I tried coming back recently, and everywhere I went it was:
'put your hands up, give me the keys to your car, give me your smoothies.'
*Complies. Gets stabbed and ocean dumped with car*

The server isn't as popular as it once was and it's really easy for anybody to join most of the time. It used to be rather exclusive with constant ques from 5pm-midnight. Many of the people who should be setting examples of what RP is aren't. Gang RP still looks to be very OOC and salty. I would like to see more fluidity and deeper understanding between the main players on the server. The report section is constantly being filled up with nonsense; minor rule breaks and terrible RP.

Admins and staff members aren't required for this, but they should be involved if it does happen otherwise player-2-player OOC agreements can be vetod or contradicted by staff. The main players of the server should talk more OOC and until they do I think RPUK's standard of roleplay will continue to spiral. There are so many great things about this server but there are things equally as bad.

I think if folks are unable to be civil OOC then that reflects how salty the RP is. They go hand in hand. If you can't talk OOC then you'll have terrible ingame experiences and RP. I think to break the spiral of bitternes within the game people must talk OOC. Simple things like 'I know we're at war, but let's not bully or create scenarios that are purely one sided'. Things like repetative kidnapping for no reason other than to feel on top/show dominance. I saw it from Ballas and Aztecas, pointless kidnapping and then ocean dumping that creates no long term RP and leads to burnout. I really felt it when I was part of Syndicate. There was friction and division everywhere (gang2gang and in-gang fighting) and everytime a juicy RP scenario happened it dissolved in the tears everytime someone lost a gun.
correct me if im wrong @Charles Vanebut wasn't there a rule in arma 3 stating if you are being robbed and you comply with the demands they cant kill you unless for a valid reason. something along those lines maybe we could see throwing that back into the mix to make it more fair to those who have been robbed and have had there stuff taken from them to give some sort of protection for the unfortunate.

i can understand 2 reasons for why a person getting robbed would be killed 1. being that the robber wasn't wearing a mask or anything to cover their face which can lead to a report to the police. 2.  the person being robbed wasnt complying or did something to make the situation to escalate for example running away throwing insults or threatening to "i will look for you, i will find you and i will kill you kind of thing"

but i do believe there needs to be more of a reason for why someone would be murdered after being robbed than i have your stuff now you may as well take this bullet or knife now.

going back on topic though i can understand why devs and staff don't want to be open about what's being worked on what's not been started. and i get that i'm here to pitch suggestions and do but my thoughts and opinions forwards for the benefit for the community which may upset one half and please the other. not a dig by the way want to make that clear even though ive been here for many years i still dont know all the rules and dread when i break a rule a feel that's it for me on this community obviously i haven't done that bad as im still here cant get rid of me that easily apart from my forum name. 

all to cover though devs need the respect that they deserve and those who bash the devs from when something they wanted isn't added or delayed or canceled they shouldnt be bashed for it as they are doing it for free in their own time for the benefit for the community for 7 years this community has thrived off these people with the knowledge of coding and designing and they are given nothing back in return what they deserve the most is  a thank you for the work and respect. if people can't do that then they should really think if this is the community for them.

Other servers that I have played held community bi monthly meetings with it being run by head devs and management and they worked really well. 
there’s a way to mod it in discord in a way that the people running the meeting are like spokespersons and no one else can talk. People can raise their hands and be dragged to speak 1 at a time with the devs and management to ask/answer questions. That would prevent it being a shit show and it always worked well. Devs can talk about plans for the months ahead and people can ask/suggest things. 

Back