What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

What is the purpose of jets?

George R

A few question's that have been bambooziling me for hours now:

- Were do you have to go to purchase jets (different types)

- Do they come with guns/rockets and can you use them.

- When can you actually use jets, apart from getting from one place to another swiftly.

- Can police scrap it as an illegal vehicle?

- Most importantly what purpose do they serve?

Sorry if I sound new! I am pretty new as I started in december! but I am making money and a jet is what I could save up for.

Were do you have to go to purchase jets (different types)
At the aviation shop near the airport (it's all in a green zone so your money is safe to take there)

Do they come with guns/rockets and can you use them.
No.. Hell no.. just nah they come unarmed. haha 

When can you actually use jets, apart from getting from one place to another swiftly.
Whenever you want.  fly them for fun or use them to get places faster. but once you eject from it and it blows up. you won't be able to use it till server restart.

Can police scrap it as an illegal vehicle?
No. Its legal as far as i'm aware.

Most importantly what purpose do they serve?
Like you said its to get around faster.. Maybe you could use them for recon. Fly them for fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Jessi bondurant bet the retrieval cost will be high, also speaking metaphorically if you were to fly the jet over a red zone could you eject and go down like James Bond?

Nah it will just respawn in yah garage after restart . I think it's 1k or 10k to get them out each time. Also yes if you want to parachute down while playing the james bond theme song then please do, record it and send to me thanks 🙂 Also you are a target for a long time if someone is shooting at you. 

@Jessi bondurant bet the retrieval cost will be high, also speaking metaphorically if you were to fly the jet over a red zone could you eject and go down like James Bond?
Generally are used to get to places like Advanced to gear up as much faster than a heli, they are sometimes used to scout however the radar on all civ vehicles isn't working(Don't know if this is a bug or intentional) so you have to find them based on eyesight. They do all have things like thermals, and locking on through this camera.

I think the main cost of jets has been missed. They are used as a quick response vehicle that has thermals. 

Worth the money, definately buy

I think the main cost of jets has been missed. They are used as a quick response vehicle that has thermals. 

Worth the money, definately buy
Ngl I think I have used mine once to get to a SAF but otherwise I just use Tarus for thermals or to gear up, now that they don't have radars I have found less of a use. They aren't really worth the money either until you have got everything else imo, huron, Taru(s), Blackfish, Ifrits, AW etc.

1. you buy them
  2.  you fly over red zones and enjoy the gun fights with cam 
  3. dont die cos thats the worse 
  4. thats all ❤️

Jets used to be a show-off thing, as owning one meant you could invest lots of money into something that was just for fun. That's not so much the case now as they're more common and easier to get.

Here are the uses I have gotten out of jets:

- Flying around for fun

- Getting to a location very quickly and parachuting out. Could be a city which has garages there so you're not stranded, or your gang. If there's an airport of lots of flat lands, even better.

- Roleplay. I've been a part of a few air shows and RP scenarios involving jets.

- Scouting. It's a good way to search for a potential gang base or find out where potential victims or enemies are on the map.

Generally speaking, it's just a slightly more convenient and fun way to do things that a helicopter would also manage.

Back